Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

its crazy but I agree. ll is underrated which is wild because he battled whoever wanted smoke back in the day. he was nice from 1985 onward and crushed whoever.
ppl don't talk about that era but think about how hard I need a beat, rock the bells and my radio were...****... how hard those songs still are.
he's a living legend and former KONY. ppl should have respect.

i'm at work but I think i'm going to post some stuff in a sec.

*edit*
fun fact, he babysat me one time as a kid. probably dated myself but yeah.
queens get the money. queens all day.

think about how dope it is that one of the beastie boys created I need a beat and ll rapped over it and created a song. as a teenager...in high school.
and how ll dropped his demo tape off to def jam and adrock gave his demo tape to rick rubin.

legend ****.

I used to HATE LL when I was young. Now he's got songs I rock with and I respect what he's done for the game but it's still rare for me to go out my way to throw him on.
I too, preferred Kool Moe Dee. When Canibus dropped 2nd Round KO young me was like "IT'S A WRAP FOR LL" :lol:

LL was nice, he underrated in someway. I think men ain't really ****in with him cause they were mad that all the broads liked him. He had some soft bubble gum songs but he got classics and can rap for real.

its crazy but I agree. ll is underrated which is wild because he battled whoever wanted smoke back in the day. he was nice from 1985 onward and crushed whoever.
ppl don't talk about that era but think about how hard I need a beat, rock the bells and my radio were...****... how hard those songs still are.
he's a living legend and former KONY. ppl should have respect.

i'm at work but I think i'm going to post some stuff in a sec.

*edit*
fun fact, he babysat me one time as a kid. probably dated myself but yeah.
queens get the money. queens all day.

I liked LL as a young kid
Hated him as a teen
Thought he was corny as a young adult
Learned to respect him as I got older

He was how I feel about Drake now, but my Drake hate has been consistent since Take Care.

Only 10 mins in and this interview is great

I peeped it.

Dap, for the most part, seems to be more concerned with cashing out as much as he can while the world focus in on hip hop culture than he is on building a brand and showing our people we dictate what we place value in.

That's his prerogative, and I salute any black man coming up, but I respectfully disagree with a few of his takes.

I liked LL as a young kid
Hated him as a teen
Thought he was corny as a young adult
Learned to respect him as I got older

He was how I feel about Drake now, but my Drake hate has been consistent since Take Care.

LL been in the trenches, since when Drake been in them?

LL is a known knuckle-upper

Always enjoyed this LL joint...

had frontin' cats like...

giphy.gif

I peeped it.

Dap, for the most part, seems to be more concerned with cashing out as much as he can while the world focus in on hip hop culture than he is on building a brand and showing our people we dictate what we place value in.

That's his prerogative, and I salute any black man coming up, but I respectfully disagree with a few of his takes.
Dapper Dan can't teach black people to value their own be himself though. That's takes enough people getting on board. We always say black value white brands more and we'll support a black brand for a couple years then call it "outta style" so at his age he ain't tryna start over and take a gamble.

Like he kept telling CTG you still need distribution. Black people don't own any distribution companies. Regardless what you do you still gotta deal with then people one way or another.

It's funny seeing CTG always try to put all this pressure on certain people to save everybody when he goes on mainstream white stations to get his brand bigger. Even got that **** off his face to reach another audience because he started getting TV jobs. He of all people know exactly Dapper Dan is talking about. He picks and chooses when to be pro black.

Last edited:
:rofl: I remember this!

Watched this with my boys after school. The ad lib was always HE'S ****TIN ON HIM! :lol:

If LL didnt have a solid acting career to maintain and image to uphold he would've been much more raw and savage in the mid 2000s like in that vid.

This is what really hurt his rap career. He crossed over and had to appeal to a different crowd. I’m not mad at that. I still listen to LL, some of them joints still sound raw.

I remember all of a sudden fat joe just started using the n word in his raps out of nowhere. I wasn’t tripping on it at 1st until it was like he tried to over use it if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom