Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Leave it to black folks to downplay another black person’s opinion because they chose rapping as a profession.

Think it’s more a knock on some black folks tendency to seek leadership from rich black Americans, particularly entertainers. Most these folks are a business before anything else.

Folks will just parrot what some of these dudes say, not a lick of research done. You see it from white folks too but it’s not their entertainers that they do it with. It’s a weird dynamic.

Leave it to black folks to downplay another black person’s opinion because they chose rapping as a profession.

Them being rappers does not mean they don't have an opinion but at the same time there are people who actually invest time and energy in understanding in a field they are familiar with both today and historically.

You not gonna go to publix or Safeway or Kroger looking for clothing.
So why am I gonna look to someone who recently began getting involved .

Trump can atleast show that bc I have an opinion and money it doesnt mean I'm a good leader or politician.and the words I say have the power to do more harm then good.

Politicians and local leaders aren’t more popular than rappers on social media

Not a popularity contest at all. It's about being knowledgeable and understanding you self worth and power as a person and community in this country. If you care more about a song and a rapper who ain't investing in your community then that's part of the problem there.

Killer mike was right about doing research. After he attempted to appropriate slavery. But if you cut that opening part out the rest of what he said was correct the problem is rather then coming to your own understanding cats will take one piece of information and run with it. No one is quoting that part but rather TI going at candace.

Rappers have more influence on the youth than people would like to think

That’s all fine and well. And is more of a reflection of bad parenting or absent parents. Nothing wrong with being influenced by rappers or celebs though.

But, there should be balance

Balance is def important. That line between admiration and idol worship gets real blurry.

There is systemic reasoning for everything we’re talking about right now. I don’t say that to shift blame, but I say it to express how this situation was designed and devised. Our youth aren’t worshipping money, misogyny, ***-ish behavior, and drug addiction on accident.

Our leadership needs to begin at home but even that dynamic has been systemically altered.

Kinda related....but I strongly urge y’all to read the 1619 Project. Or a summary of it. Very relevant...and I think having someone like this, speak...WITH a crowd of educated entertainers with influence and i guess the misinformed people with conflicting views on history, who are genuinely mislead, and not debating in bad faith....could sorta be productive.

I’m all against given the Candace Owens of the world a platform tho. **** wicked, and disingenuous what she does.

Balance is def important. That line between admiration and idol worship gets real blurry.

There is systemic reasoning for everything we’re talking about right now. I don’t say that to shift blame, but I say it to express how this situation was designed and devised. Our youth aren’t worshipping money, misogyny, ***-ish behavior, and drug addiction on accident.

Our leadership needs to begin at home but even that dynamic has been systemically altered.

Exactly! It starts at home! If the parents worship money, misogyny, drugs, alcohol, etc.... what do you think the child will worship??? Lol.

I look at some of the stuff these kids watch on YouTube and Instagram, and it’s appalling. And the parents don’t even be caring. That’s why I say this whole “PC”, easily offended era is so phony, when you look at all the stuff that kids and teenagers are exposed to. It’s so hypocritical.

Anyway, give me my reparations and I’m good. I could care less about anything.

Exactly! It starts at home! If the parents worship money, misogyny, drugs, alcohol, etc.... what do you think the child will worship??? Lol.

I look at some of the stuff these kids watch on YouTube and Instagram, and it’s appalling. And the parents don’t even be caring. That’s why I say this whole “PC”, easily offended era is so phony, when you look at all the stuff that kids and teenagers are exposed to. It’s so hypocritical.

Anyway, give me my reparations and I’m good. I could care less about anything.

Yo that’s a good point, a lot of us were exposed to some crazy **** and weren’t really like kids now to a certain extent. I know the difference with me was I was taught and saw consequences.

Media wasn’t what raised me it just played an important part in my life. Kids now legit being raised by the internet.

N****’s complain like its a f’n sport these days.

Idgaf who they put up there, somebody gonna find something to b**** and moan about.

You aint gonna agree with NO ONE on this earth 100%, other than yourself.

Yup. People in this era gon find SOMETHING no matter what amount of work you've put in.

It's _'s that complain about Farrakhan and the NOI. Brothas that carry themselves with a level of respect, always speak the truth about this country. A group that has changed and opened a lot of black folks eyes. Got their own businesses, actually have built a economy of their own.

If they wasn't complaining about rappers being there it would something else. You can have Fraces Cress Welsing, Malcolm, Claude Anderson up there and _'s would still be like "Man, I don't like when said ______, they stupid!"

Last edited:
N****’s complain like its a f’n sport these days.

Idgaf who they put up there, somebody gonna find something to b**** and moan about.

You aint gonna agree with NO ONE on this earth 100%, other than yourself.

This

I like that Puff is even doing this, on some neo Jack The Rapper **** and thought to include this political discussion

Back
Top Bottom