Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I knew girl was a star when I saw her on lhh and her ig vids. She gotta know how this industry works and use this to propel her somewhere else. Tv, radio, movies idk but she's gonna end up somewhere when the hype is gone, she has too much personality to not do it.

Cardi cool in my book. But she got something Nicki don't, idk what it is it's just something. She meant to be a star, rap is only the beginning.

Authenticity, transparency. She's said everything negative and positive about herself before anyone else can. Nicki was lying and hiding about certain things, Cardi owned it all. Said her body fake, she stripped and blah blah. The women think it's real and the women that can't relate find her funny. It was a brilliant move and VH1 just got her out all over the US and not just the east coast.

One thing though is that whole Migos flow and wave she riding right now could hurt her. We don't know how long they gonna be poppin but she's mad unoriginal musically right now so that might get ****ted on quick. It gets old and repetitive.

Nip Hussle has a great interview / pod out with Rap Radar and he calls it the "Climax of a record" The hook beyond a hook.

Like when K Dot says "My Left stroke went viral"

Or like w/ Bodak Yellow when she says "These is bloody shoes" This was so potent, even the hardest dude can emphasize with that line. The line transcends gender.

social media made lines like these so important

Snoop is the king of those moments

One, two, three and to the fo'
Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr. Dre is at the do'

Death Row is the label that pays me

We don't love them h0ez

With so much drama in the L-B-C
It's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O-double-G

Pac woulda killed these in the social media era.

Cardi’s 15 mins got extended with the Migos cosign. The word has been offset is getting ghostwriter checks so eh. Cardi is cool but Nicki will drop a pop track with Drake and own the summer

cardi has a hit song in pretty much every sub-genre of urban music right now....she bound 2 become bigger in 2018

but as far as the nicki stuff...cardi still has ways to go till she reaches nicki's status of success ..but i will say cardi's movement is more organic....without the young money and gucci co-sign idk if nicki's movement would have been as big

nicki came in the game basically with the hottest rapper at the time, so she was getting top tier features from the jump..within cardi's second year of rapping shes featured on a song with one of the biggest/if not the biggest pop artist out...you can't knock cardi at all right now

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm in the minority but..that Bruno/Cardi B video/song came off hella corny to me damn

That **** finna do numbers tho :lol:, we gonna **** w the nostalgia off top.

I could see everybody else eating it up too tho cause they weren't as hyper tuned in to black culture during that era like they're now.

I’m a huge Bruno fan, he has one of the best voices in the game and he’s Boricua but I don’t plan on ever hearing this song. The most talented and the least talented on one song makes no sense.

Cardi's success really got ppl shook :lol:

She's your typical commercial artist, she's not here to impress anyone with lyrics. Pinning her success on Nicki Minaj backlash doesn't add up. Plenty of female rappers came after Nicki and never blew up like Cardi did. If the public turns against her than maybe ya'll right. I seen ppl claim she's made jokes about black women and dark skinned ppl. Yet I've seen no evidence. Why do ppl want her to fail so bad
laugh.gif

#FreeAkademiks BTW

The sole reason? Of course not. But a big reason? No doubt. It's a perfect storm of things that led to Cardi B's rise, and Nicki fatigue/backlash is most definitely a reason

I'm sure I'm in the minority but..that Bruno/Cardi B video/song came off hella corny to me damn

That **** finna do numbers tho :lol:, we gonna **** w the nostalgia off top.

I could see everybody else eating it up too tho cause they weren't as hyper tuned in to black culture during that era like they're now.

I listened to a lil bit and it's decent. Song <<<<<<<<<<< Video

nicki came in the game basically with the hottest rapper at the time, so she was getting top tier features from the jump..within cardi's second year of rapping shes featured on a song with one of the biggest/if not the biggest pop artist out...you can't knock cardi at all right now

I mean her Fiancé is in the hottest rap group rn...:emoji_shrug:

The sole reason? Of course not. But a big reason? No doubt. It's a perfect storm of things that led to Cardi B's rise, and Nicki fatigue/backlash is most definitely a reason
Its a messed up situation for female rappers. They really only let one shine at a time.

i think he gave her that ring 1. gucci infuence..after seeing him get married 2. her dude was coming home from jail lol..3.just being young

It benefitted both of them and is def the reason why Offset slowly but surely becoming the Beyonce instead of Quavo, along with Quavo taking too long to put out more solo stuff.

yea maybe to us, but the general public would disagree

off topic, why was takeoff not on bad & bougie?

Cuz he was on this instead:

This song did a lot for Migos resurgence, coupled with a couple of features leading up to bad and bougie. The decision to add Uzi was a major boost as well.

Funny enough...Takeoff is the 1st verse on “T-shirt” which was the Migos 2nd biggest hit after bad and Bougie at the time.

It’s all about timing.

Back
Top Bottom