Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

whenever we talk about ADULTS being accountable (most notably females) this is what happens. It’s sickening how women hate being accountable.

Now we got this whole “black men don’t support black women” topic being brought up daily. It’s false. It’s way false.
No man i wasnt referring to that, i thought it was gonna be another grimey vs ____ episode :lol:

I wonder if those people have the same disdain for Dr. Dre who repeatedly got convicted and confessed to beating women to near death. He then went on to make tracks joking about it with Eminem. I don't remember a time where he wasn't well celebrated.

I'm sure some do & I won't knock them for feeling that way, but the truth is I highly doubt that energy is kept all around. we all make exceptions on certain **** & how much **** we'll digest from artist we like.

Like take this tweet here

We can't deny that it's the truth, however to say that & completely ignore the other side to this argument is disingenuous. Like hiphop has taken a stand & intervened when black men are assaulting/killing each other. in many cases promoting the harm of another black man furthers your career & status.

unfortunately there's some real ****ed up parts in our culture, and i hate when people condemn one part w/o telling the whole story.

Tory was Drake in Nothing Was The Same on “Sorry But I Had To”. :pimp:

I’ll check the project out eventually.

Did the pandemic kill What A Time To Be Alive 2? Seems like we actually thought that was in the books at the beginning of the year.

People pick and choose when to play moral police.

95% of people’s rap library is filled with rappers with cringy past and presents for that matter. Finding morality in rap music will ALWAYS be stupid

Tory talking his **** on this album.

finna crush this edible and run this Tory joint

I don’t have no problem with the free Bobby campaign tbh I don’t care tbh

it’s just funnystyle how people pick and choose where the line is drawn when it comes to rap.

this why I try not to play that game. I’m fresh off listening to a ***** talk about smoking dead folks.

hard to play moral high ground with Durk in the background auto-crooning about 30s

:lol:

black men ain't **** will be the narrative

I'm hearing cats say "read the room", but I'm wondering they're paying attention at all. Huge album lineup today with a number of "anticipated" albums. Meg the stallion basically went on a promo run off "I got shot by Tory Lanez" and got on Time Magazine as one of most "influential" because of it, while everyone has been questioning his lack of response to the situation. Tory dropped an album response instead dissing everybody and denying it, while using a childhood picture of her as the album cover. I would say that's some brilliant marketing. Career suicide in a sense, but my man said "Hey they already wrote me off, so I got nothing to lose".

Yeah he might as well shoot his shot.

A lot of women who "canceled" him will hate listen

Weezy is goat

y’all listening to Tory attempt to rap like tunechi amongst various others

8C140004-8FB6-4884-929C-8913F57351A0.gif

stop playing and put that C5 deluxe on man

Back
Top Bottom