Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It was the style of music and gruff voice

Just like how the Onyx, double time and Das style became popular and everyone started doing it. I think that's a major reason DMX and Jay weren't getting deals. It wasn't until they both changed and people understood they weren't like everyone else.

Anthem's often with repetitive simplistic beats and hooks became popular in New York clubs and radio. And it didn't really matter what you talked about, often it was some gutta ****.

Slept on project, but he never really had anything to talk about so his music didn't stick

he was pretty specific on this

Those three albums came in two years.

50 had a diamond album, a movie, clothing line and a popular label
The run didn't stop after the 3 albums though.

Does a clothing line matter? :lol:

DMX was in several movies in the 2000s
Far from true.
Musically he fell off. The mixtapes were before and after the first two albums.

Need to trim down The Massacre to make it a good album.

Nobody bumping Curtis or Before I self Destruct. Nobody watched Before I self Destruct :lol:

Aren't Ya'll comparing the "moment" & Being that "guy" in hiphop ? i wouldn't say quality matters

But that span from GRODT to Massacre was about as hot as ANY rapper has ever been in one moment.

50 had mainstream & the streets on complete smash for a good 2-3 year period. Sure X's run was longer in terms of quality but X's run as That guy was those first three albums. I'm talking purely how in demand you are & how much of a superstar you are.

50's run definitely matches it, Two Solos & a G-Unit album, several mixtapes, A video game, A movie, A clothing line, Beefed with every big rapper out & all the big business deals etc etc

This and my bike was like the the most helpful external sources I had when life was kicking me while I was down. Luckily I overcame that ****. I don't think it saved my life or nothing like that. Actually I find myself to be fortunate to have never had suicidal thoughts, but this was ****ty a time in my life, and this ep/song helped a lot.

If you're ****ed rn now just know that it can get better, you just gotta push yourself to be better, and switch that stagnation you're dwelling in into motivation for a better tomorrow. Honestly write that **** down, that's what I did. I wrote down my thoughts. It takes little time. You should do it, whether that be in a personal journal, on here, or elsewhere. Writing helps put things in perspective. Your situation really can get better. Just try to relax some & remember to laugh. Enjoy the little things.

X run was actually not that long - as an impactful mainstream superstar.

nobody really had a long run other than like Snoop, Wayne, Jay or Nas, if you think. Pac and Big both died prematurely so, they lasted like 2-4 years.

50 and DMX both were big for 2-3 years.

nobody really had a long run other than like Snoop, Wayne, Jay or Nas, if you think. Pac and Big both died prematurely so, they lasted like 2-4 years.

50 and DMX both were big for 2-3 years.

Young Jeezy, Outkast, Wu Tang, there’s a lot more.

Young Jeezy, Outkast, Wu Tang, there’s a lot more.

Was Jeezy's run long?

I think that was relatively short also and seems longer than it was. Wasn't that 4 or 5 years.

and I'd say Wu was from 94(album came out late 93) to around the beginning of Def Jam coming back with DMX, Ja, Jay and Bad Boy

Was Jeezy's run long?

I think that was relatively short also and seems longer than it was. Wasn't that 4 or 5 years.

and I'd say Wu was from 94(album came out late 93) to around the beginning of Def Jam coming back with DMX, Ja, Jay and Bad Boy

Longer than DMX. Wouldn’t you agree - 6 years is a good run.

trap or die came out 2005 and it expand to 11/12.

Longer than DMX. Wouldn’t you agree - 6 years is a good run.

trap or die came out 2005 and it expand to 11/12.

Yeah I'd say longer

but one reason was Def Jam kept X out there. Like they knew he was going to self destruct and they wanted to get what they could quickly. What made sense.

and I think Def Jam hurt Jeezy. He stopped being organic and street. I think he could have and should have been putting out projects every year when it was obvious they weren't going to let him do mixtapes like that.

I swear Soulja Boy be plugged in with people in China who just sell him all sorts of wacky ideas.....

18FB6227-F00F-46AD-9158-81BD456B3EAE.png
Draco got the ali express connect

This the exact type of **** i be talking about man :lol: , people expect more from the rappers than they do their government.

Not to mention that often the people who say things like this are also the ones who bash the Diddy, Ye's, Jays of the world for being capitalist & doing all these deals.

When you're a rich black celeb, too many people expect them to be Robin Hood and just give all their money away. It's like people don't respect that the fact that they worked, sacrificed and earned it. They don't really deserve it, so they should be giving it away. But in their own real life, they have no problem getting that Audi or BMW instead of a Kia or Hyundai and giving that money away.

Baseball players from the DR probably bring in close to half a billy ANNUALLY but DR is STILL a third world country

Meanwhile children sized v-necks, diesel jeans, and Ferragamo belts are flying off the shelves

Don't talk to me about what rappers should be doing in they communities

Back
Top Bottom