Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Anthony Mackie is a great actor yall some haters :smh:

tenor (2).gif

I listen to WuTang forever more than 36 Chambers to be honest. The lyrics are still notch but the production is better. Those big soul sample beats, I don't know if we get a Just Blaze or Heatmakers w/o that album.

This is like saying It Was Written was better than Illmatic, The majority aren’t saying that. And RZA was doing it long before that, and that’s why albums by Ghost, Rae and GZA were a lot more well received. It’s only a couple of songs on that album that get played in a Wu set. The production is cleaner, but it’s not better .

I listen to it was written wayyyyyyy more than Illmatic. Wu Tang forever, and 36 chambers probably equal. The nod might go to Forever.

Heaterz and Triumph are Soooo DISGUSTING 🤮 🤮🤮🤮

I love Illmatic. But IWW is straight rider, player s**** type music. Lyrically Illmatic probably got but Illmatic make me feel poor. It was written make me feel like a Millionaire

Last edited:
Id argue that run he had was and will be unmatched.

Music, movies... he was THAT guy

X was a superstar years before Jay was. Out here in Cali people weren't really messing with Jay like that until Blueprint-ish era. X was ALWAYS a huge star here, local radio played the **** out of him from the start.

Nah, but it's interesting how were you're from might put a different perspective on things.

Would you say Ja wasn't a superstar?

If you're selling 5 mil like Nelly, Ja, Jay you're a superstar.

definitely filled that 2pac void

I never thought that, different lane.

Being bald was surface level

People used to say DMX bit Nine's style...I personally never saw it

They would also say BIG took Mr. Funke's style which is also a stretch, but I can kiiiiinda hear it on Gimme The Loot

It was the style of music and gruff voice

Just like how the Onyx, double time and Das style became popular and everyone started doing it. I think that's a major reason DMX and Jay weren't getting deals. It wasn't until they both changed and people understood they weren't like everyone else.

Anthem's often with repetitive simplistic beats and hooks became popular in New York clubs and radio. And it didn't really matter what you talked about, often it was some gutta ****.

Slept on project, but he never really had anything to talk about so his music didn't stick

Bro ruining a streak of doing this and actually being right for the most part for engagement and clicks. Maybe he has another game system or something coming out

now he’s just reaching and naming **** he knows he had nothing to do with so SayCheese & Ak and **** can repost him :lol:

edit: :lol:

you called it

Back
Top Bottom