Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The last of the OG Black Panthers I.e. Kathleen Cleaver, Jamal Joseph, etc wrote an open letter to Hov and the rest of them last year calling on them to do something similar, but for the black community in general, because at the end of the day we’re all we got out here and we get that reminder in some way shape or form everyday

Y’all gon tell the Panthers to eat a **** too? :lol:

edit:
We have chosen to focus this letter on you because our enemies constantly target you to help “calm” the people down. They hope your new class status will outweigh your racial and class analysis. You have a chance to prove them wrong and with your resources and influence you can be crucial to the collective survival of our people. Tattoos, expensive cars and private jets don’t inoculate anyone from a disease and don’t render you bullet proof. We have to collectively provide for our own human agency and not delude ourselves into thinking it’s safer to integrate into a maligned system of greed and dehumanization.

Some may say we as Panther veterans are not the Black people you should be seen talking to. ****** should know their place we’ve been told and this is one reason that powerless Black folks have sports figures, actors, musicians and bought-off politicians as their public opinion makers. The voices of the disenfranchised is only heard when they rage against the machine that has ground down their lives.

Last edited:
59B344A2-05F4-4125-B452-2A47E7DF7FD1.jpeg

The last of the OG Black Panthers I.e. Kathleen Cleaver, Jamal Joseph, etc wrote an open letter to Hov and the rest of them last year calling on them to do something similar, but for the black community in general, because at the end of the day we’re all we got out here and we get that reminder in some way shape or form everyday

edit:

The problem is that it's never enough. We've seen in the last 2 years with Ice Cube and Jay 2 black men that have done A LOT in their position. For entertainers, for dudes that are not activists or politicians they have done great work. Jay has literally paid for regular everyday black peoples legal team but you do one thing people don't like (work with the NFL) and you fake. Ice Cube has put on and giving opportunities so many black entertainers, put a lot of people on to Minister Farrakhan and Khalid Muhammad and one thing (take a meeting with the republicans) and you fake.

Now all those fake mad people have quite down, most of it was just twitter noise but the point remains, it's never enough. People sit back looking for any and every reason to talk **** about black people that got money.

When you're a rich black celeb, too many people expect them to be Robin Hood and just give all their money away. It's like people don't respect that the fact that they worked, sacrificed and earned it. They don't really deserve it, so they should be giving it away. But in their own real life, they have no problem getting that Audi or BMW instead of a Kia or Hyundai and giving that money away.

.... same people who will tell a homeless person or bum to “get a job” won’t even have a conversation with them or will roll their window up when bumming for change

When you're a rich black celeb, too many people expect them to be Robin Hood and just give all their money away. It's like people don't respect that the fact that they worked, sacrificed and earned it. They don't really deserve it, so they should be giving it away. But in their own real life, they have no problem getting that Audi or BMW instead of a Kia or Hyundai and giving that money away.

.... same people who will tell a homeless person or bum to “get a job” won’t even have a conversation with them or will roll their window up when bumming for change....

People need to start being accountable on all levels

The problem is that it's never enough. We've seen in the last 2 years with Ice Cube and Jay 2 black men that have done A LOT in their position. For entertainers, for dudes that are not activists or politicians they have done great work. Jay has literally paid for regular everyday black peoples legal team but you do one thing people don't like (work with the NFL) and you fake. Ice Cube has put on and giving opportunities so many black entertainers, put a lot of people on to Minister Farrakhan and Khalid Muhammad and one thing (take a meeting with the republicans) and you fake.

Now all those fake mad people have quite down, most of it was just twitter noise but the point remains, it's never enough. People sit back looking for any and every reason to talk **** about black people that got money.
It's ALWAYS black rappers

The same vitriol is never directed at any other group of people

Puff just put out something saying he tired of cooperate america using our culture and all people wanted to talk about was "You robbed Mase". :lol:

Those things can be discussed separately. What's more important Mase publishing or the whole system?

edit:

My issue they do this with black people who openly do something, Puff and Jay.

They would never do it to Wayne, Baby, 50, Gucci, Drake, Rick Ross...

Nobody is writing open letters to P from QC.

That’s just reality. It’s impossible to please everyone. These _’s are entertainers, outside of politicians, they should understand that reality better than anybody.

You said yourself most of it is just Twitter noise, if that’s the case, does that **** even matter in the grand scheme?

I’m not saying what these _’s should or shouldn’t be doing but we can’t act like it’s absurd that black ppl would look to other black ppl for help when it’s clear nobody else has cared about helping and likely never will.

My issue they do this with black people who openly do something, Puff and Jay.

They would never do it to Wayne, Baby, 50, Gucci, Drake, Rick Ross...

Nobody is writing open letters to P from QC.

The black panther open letter was specifically addressed to “black artists that have an interest in our community” I.e. _’s that seem more likely to be into this type of ****, based on their past actions

Also, the letter was a new proposition. It wasn’t a “y’all haven’t done enough” call out.

That’s just reality. It’s impossible to please everyone. These _’s are entertainers, outside of politicians, they should understand that reality better than anybody.

You said yourself most of it is just Twitter noise, if that’s the case, does that **** even matter in the grand scheme?

I’m not saying what these _’s should or shouldn’t be doing but we can’t act like it’s absurd that black ppl would look to other black ppl for help when it’s clear nobody else has cared about helping and likely never will.

And they have helped. We're not talking about dudes that got their bread and said **** ya'll. That's the point, even when your resume is good, it can be great it's not enough.

I'm sure Jay, Cube and Puff know that that's why keep doing them. Those dudes ain't losing no sleep but it's still an issue because people be having these waste of time arguments. It's distracting.

edit:

I think some rappers do this to an extent in their own ways but idk how realistic it is to get thousands of these guys all with their own agendas, issues & egos to sit down & create an actual network. It would be ideal yes, but these these people are entertainers at heart not activist & community leaders.

Also the reason the Panthers are so heralded & respected is because they put EVERYTHING on the line for a cause. their leaders were murdered, family members thrown in jail, constant harassment etc etc

Those panthers know as well as anyone just how dangerous it is to be trying to independently build & uphold your community, that **** gets deep. I don't know if people who already "made it out" are eager to take on those challenges.

There's Clips of Nip saying how the police & City were targeting him & his businesses & he was just trying to build some **** locally.

.... same people who will tell a homeless person or bum to “get a job” won’t even have a conversation with them or will roll their window up when bumming for change

Baseball players from the DR probably bring in close to half a billy ANNUALLY but DR is STILL a third world country

Meanwhile children sized v-necks, diesel jeans, and Ferragamo belts are flying off the shelves

Don't talk to me about what rappers should be doing in they communities

wellllll wellllllllllllll :::congregation voice::::::

Those same people will be calling Mase "washed and broke" whenever he decides to put out new music

“ain’t trying to go broke like JOC”

Look how they treated bruh from the Cosby show who was working at Piggly Wiggly with the grease stain on his shirt. Bagging groceries. It’s convenient uproar

Exactly. Majority of black athletes and entertainers came from meager means, poor, lower middle class.

The politicians whom most were BORN into wealth have a far bigger responsibility.

Jay-Z dad wasn’t a tycoon. Neither was Jordan’s. Pops probably was a roofer or brick layer. Puffy’s dad was probably hood rich, I know he hustled.

Can’t compare use to the Kennedy’s or Bush’s.....

To rope this back around to the original post of the girl's tweet...the girl just suggested a Hip-Hop union. Is that really bad? Nore has literally been suggesting the same thing for years now

Exactly. Majority of black athletes and entertainers came from meager means, poor, lower middle class.

The politicians whom most were BORN into wealth have a far bigger responsibility.

Jay-Z dad wasn’t a tycoon. Neither was Jordan’s. Pops probably was a roofer or brick layer. Puffy’s dad was probably hood rich, I know he hustled.

Can’t compare use to the Kennedy’s or Bush’s.....

Honestly tho those people who didn't grow up in those conditions are less likely to help. Due to their social status it's very easy for them to be taught a certain ideologies, most of which make it seem that poverty is a result of laziness instead of a targeted government result.

What i will say is that it's quite comical for people to call these guys ****s, traders, capitalist pigs, say how much of a detriment they are to the black consciousness..... then turn around and ask them to quite literally fund the culture.

Especially knowing that these companies rape a majority of these artist, make billions upon billions off of hiphop & ride off into the sunset unscathed :lol: .

For this to work you would need buy in from All of hiphop........ imagine telling a NBA youngboy or Lil Tjay they gotta break a percentage of their earnings off so a rapper who was out before they were birthed could pay his doctor bills..... I don't think that convo is going over smooth

Last edited:
Curtis fell off after one album for the most part. He kept his name buzzing off random nyc beefs and talking ****.

That 3 album run by X is still unparalleled.
50 had an incredible Album which nothing else he did could compare .... but he still had dope songs here and there ...

As far as keeping his buzz from random beef, how? Movie, shows, investments, clothing, etc .... nothing musically related but it wasn't just beef.

nobody really had a long run other than like Snoop, Wayne, Jay or Nas, if you think. Pac and Big both died prematurely so, they lasted like 2-4 years.

50 and DMX both were big for 2-3 years.
Kanye - Cube - Eminem - Drake - etc.

But for the most part, you're right ... the majority of rappera have a short life span.

Back
Top Bottom