Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Commercial success, Flip might be more bigger than Scarface.

A few more actually too.

Flip ain’t ever been as commercially successful as Scarface. I be forgetting that you a young dude

You didn’t even listen to Scarface’s music growing up (according to yourself) so how would you know? :lol:

Last edited:
Flip ain’t ever been as commercially successful as Scarface. I be forgetting that you a young dude

You didn’t even listen to Scarface’s music growing up (according to yourself) so how would you know? :lol:
We sure about that? Enlighten me please.

But yeah, only listen to Z-Ro and Trae. Or Houston hip hop when they had that run.

Rap A Lot records was a top 3 hip hop label in the late 80s and early 90s…..

Def Jam, Rap A Lot and Death Row/Ruthless. Why was Rap A Lot top 3?

The answer is Mr. Scarface…

From about 1990-1995, Scarface was the biggest southern rapper

I mean, IDK what else to say except your OGs failed you

“Mind Playing Tricks on me” was the biggest commercial rap song in 1991. If not #1, definitely #2….

The fix debuted at #4 on the billboard charts in 2002 and did 160k first week…

It was his 6th album. I didn’t even mention the in between albums from 1990 - 2002.

Last edited:
And the argument for Flip, if there is any?

I feel he had the bigger hits. And when I did a quick glance both had the same amount of platnium albums. Didn’t check the Geto Boys discography.

Im not denying anything you’re saying, but feel Scarface is just more respected for being a pioneer out of Houston.

3 platinum solo albums, 4 gold solo games albums, and 3 gold albums with the geto boys….

I mean. What more do you need to hear?

Rap A Lot records was a top 3 hip hop label in the late 80s and early 90s…..

Def Jam, Rap A Lot and Death Row/Ruthless. Why was Rap A Lot top 3?

The answer is Mr. Scarface…

From about 1990-1995, Scarface was the biggest southern rapper

I mean, IDK what else to say except your OGs failed you

“Mind Playing Tricks on me” was the biggest commercial rap song in 1991. If not #1, definitely #2….

The fix debuted at #4 on the billboard charts in 2002 and did 160k first week…

It was his 6th album. I didn’t even mention the in between albums from 1990 - 2002.

Dude from Houston and only listen to two Houston artists, but trying to speak on history :lol: :lol: :rofl:.
I asked to enlighten me. My history/perspective would tell me Flip had more commercial success.

I know who Scarface is, but honestly outside of Mind Playing Tricks on Me and maybe My Block, I don’t think he had hits like that.

Honestly list his biggest hits outside of Minds Playing Tricks on Me. And tell me if they compare to Game Over or Sunshine.

I asked to enlighten me. My history/perspective would tell me Flip had more commercial success.

I know who Scarface is, but honestly outside of Mind Playing Tricks on Me and maybe My Block, I don’t think he had hits like that.

Honestly list his biggest hits outside of Minds Playing Tricks on Me. And tell me if they compare to Game Over or Sunshine.

Not even Smile with Tupac? Mary Jane?

Are y’all posting HITS or good songs? I can post good Scarface songs from what I’ve listened to over the years lol.

You said commercial success… I showed you that face had 3 platinum albums, 4 golds, 3 golds with geto boys….

What more proof do you need? Flip was never revered nationwide like Scarface.

Flip ain’t even bigger than mike jones, Chamillionaire or Paul wall. Not z-ro either.

Back
Top Bottom