Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

You said commercial success… I showed you that face had 3 platinum albums, 4 golds, 3 golds with geto boys….

What more proof do you need? Flip was never revered nationwide like Scarface.

Flip ain’t even bigger than mike jones, Chamillionaire or Paul wall. Not z-ro either.
I’d argue Flip is bigger than Mike Jones. Not the other 3.

Naw flip's success played a major part in the Industry shining their light on Houston in 05

No one is arguing that chap. He said flip is more successful than Scarface though. I proved him wrong.

None of us are discrediting flip. I just said Scarface has had more successful overall. It’s a reason Rap A Lot records was a top 3 label back in the 80s and 90s. It was because of Scarface

Then he says he never listened to Scarface. He’s 30 years old, I’m 34, I gave him a rundown of Face’s career. The end.

I grew up on NYC hip hop, hence why a lot of their artists being in my top 10 all time and I still enjoying the sound to this day.

I didn’t really get into ZRo/Trae until Let the Truth Be Told and Restless, which was around 2005/2006.

I don’t really listen to Houston hip hop as finessence finessence stated nor have I really delve deep into any catalogs outside of ZRo and Trae.

If it’s not a song from that run Houston had, good chance I don’t know it.

106 and Park raised me lol.
Dawg you ain’t even gotta listen to Houston rap to have heard those songs…You must not attend Any fam get togethers/BBQ/Cookouts.It’s a 90% chance either of those getting played

Dawg you ain’t even gotta listen to Houston rap to have heard those songs…You must not attend Any fam get togethers/BBQ/Cookouts.It’s a 90% chance either of those getting played

You wasting your time bruh. I could see if he was 18,19, 20 or any age under 23.
He’s 30 years old.

I’m Nigerian if that makes a difference. The family gatherings I went to, I’m positive hip hop wasn’t being played.
You wasting your time bruh. I could see if he was 18,19, 20 or any age under 23.
He’s 30 years old.

Back
Top Bottom