Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This reminded me of Soulja Boy back in 2010 :lol:.

“I don’t want to be super-Lupe-Fiasco-lyrical and N’s don’t know what the **** I’m talking about,” he specified.
- Soulja Boy

This reminded me of Soulja Boy back in 2010 :lol:.

“I don’t want to be super-Lupe-Fiasco-lyrical and N’s don’t know what the **** I’m talking about,” he specified.
- Soulja Boy
That’s pretty much spot on. Dumb it down was made to highlight the average rap fans mindset. Nothing wrong with preferring Game but deep down you know gotdamn well he can’t outrap Lupe. Man got a Jay-Z verse on his first album(the only feature on the album) and went toe to toe on the track, one of raps goats saw the talent from day one.

Kendrick
Pusha
Cole
Benny
Game
Kiss
Need anymore?

These guys can all rap but bar for bar none of them can keep up with Lupe. Ask them to pivot from a street narrative and the bars would get shallow real quick.
Kendrick maybe, but I think Kendrick technical skills shines more then his actual lyrical content on most songs.
I don't even listen to dude Lupe, but Black Thought is a easy W bet right here.
Black Thought is a TMac energy to me. He’ s had some great moments but he’s never put it together in a way that‘s meant something. I’ll concede Black Thought could probably keep up lyrically which is more or less my original question, but when it comes to word play, flow, and everything that brings life to a bar gimme Lupe all day.

I used to buy New Amsterdam since it was $20 a liter but I can’t fool with it anymore. I don’t even like vodka like that and if I do it’s gotta be top shelf at this point.

Yeah lu a alien fr.

His mind travels far out. Like, FARRRRR OUT. Very imaginative. There’s literally no limits to where his mind will go.

Always knew he was nice but That drogas album really put it on display.

He just different. Lol

Tetsuo and Youth is a pretty great album too.

And Drill Music in Zion I thought was a great project for how concise it is.

His EP’s/loosies/mixtapes through the years have been great too.

Lupe 10000% more skilled than all of these rappers. None of them are touching Lupe lyrically. The crazy **** about Lupe is he could do it all. He had the female big radio hits, the crazy lyrical joints for the backpack heads or nerds, the pro black joints and the historical anti america ****. It's pretty crazy he was able to release the music he did while fighting his label for years.

I was watching this at like 2am last night. Seeing this **** 10+ years later as an adult is wild. Seeing this crazy random white lady hanging around BK and filming Half a Mil and his crew is nuts.

I **** with Lupe but saying he could do it all doesn't mean he was great at it.

Biggie could do it all. Jay could.

Lupe don't got any timeless female radio hits :lol:

I **** with Lupe but saying he could do it all doesn't mean he was great at it.

Biggie could do it all. Jay could.

Lupe don't got any timeless female radio hits :lol:

To be fair, Lupe is kind of anti radio/mainstream lol.

And he passed on Just The Way you are… I think it was that one. I know there was a Bruno Mars song Atlantic tried to have him do at first but he passed. He’s not an artist that cares about radio play.

The knowledge Lupe has dropped on his albums has more weight than any radio song.

To be fair, Lupe is kind of anti radio/mainstream lol.

And he passed on Just The Way you are… I think it was that one. I know there was a Bruno Mars song Atlantic tried to have him do at first but he passed. He’s not an artist that cares about radio play.
Exactly. So putting the title of he can do it all like he actually thrives in doing it rings false.

When it comes to the lyrical **** he's up there but he's not some well rounded artist exceeding at every level. I still remember all those trash songs Atlantic had him doing with that white girl. So much pop trash. It was embarrassing.

His best joint in that area is probably Paris, Tokyo.

Back
Top Bottom