Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The fact you think the song is about food shows how over a lot of folks heads he can be. Hence the whole “dumb it down”

:lol:

He used the whole food metaphor. You think that’s being lyrical. I think it was dumb.

You can be nice which lupe is without jumping the shark like lupe did.

Thought it was dope he rapped on this beat, don’t really like his flow.

I **** with Lupe but saying he could do it all doesn't mean he was great at it.

Biggie could do it all. Jay could.

Lupe don't got any timeless female radio hits :lol:

Out of My Head and Superstar are big female radio joints. They got a lot of AirPlay. He could do it, he didn’t want to do it.

Dave east is a disappointment..with his co-signs you would think he would have had a meek type run..not once has he been a top 10 rapper in the game

Last edited:
Mad random, my brother ran into Slick Rick in Burlington a few weeks ago in the Bronx. He FaceTimed and I thought I took a screen shot but I can’t find it. Mad funny, had one some baggy *** jeans, tank and a gold chain. Just shopping.

Dave east is a disappointment..with his co-signs you would have thought a meek type run..not once has he been a top 10 rapper in the game

His earlier **** better. Feels like his flow now garbage and I don’t like a lot of the beats he picks now. Hate Me Now, Paranoid and Kari Chanel projects get a lot of play from me.

Last edited:

Not seeing hype behind this dude,he look and sound like somebody old *** uncle that’s tryna jump in the rap game in they 40s/50s

Dave needed someone other than Nas/Mass Appeal and Def Jam for his career.

He's going to end up being Vado

Indie would be better for him. In the Ransom/Roc Marci/Westside lane.

Is that a Nas thing or a him thing? He doesn’t have a consistent sound even on his mixtapes which I’m assuming he has 100% creative control over

It feels like Dave been trying to find his lane since he got signed to Def Jam. He all over the place with flows and beats. His best work was 2015-2017 but that sound wasn't selling or getting played. He keep gravitating towards the popular sound today but swerves. The dope **** is he constantly putting out tracks and videos.

Dave East…….trash.
1659911743121.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom