Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I like Game but he’s not on the same type of rapper to begin with. Lupe’s stuff comes off as nerd/kickin knowledge raps but Game could never make a track like American Terrorist. MIT brought in Lupe because they appreciate how intelligent his raps are.

This ***** one of the hardest rappers out. On God!

ab67616d0000b2739f83225b940f45e78badecf1

I like Game but he’s not on the same type of rapper to begin with. Lupe’s stuff comes off as nerd/kickin knowledge raps but Game could never make a track like American Terrorist. MIT brought in Lupe because they appreciate how intelligent his raps are.
I think if Game and Lupe were on a track together Game would siphon his style so much you wouldn’t notice who was who

Last edited:
Game is trash?
I don’t **** with Game at all.

One of many rappers I don’t get why y’all gravitate towards to given the lameness.

Then there’s just nothing special about his rapping ability.

It says a lot when you can’t even out rap Kanye on a song.

Kendrick
Pusha
Cole
Benny
Game
Kiss
Need anymore?

Lupe 10000% more skilled than all of these rappers. None of them are touching Lupe lyrically. The crazy **** about Lupe is he could do it all. He had the female big radio hits, the crazy lyrical joints for the backpack heads or nerds, the pro black joints and the historical anti america ****. It's pretty crazy he was able to release the music he did while fighting his label for years.

I was watching this at like 2am last night. Seeing this **** 10+ years later as an adult is wild. Seeing this crazy random white lady hanging around BK and filming Half a Mil and his crew is nuts.

Yeah, I've only bought a few Lupe albums. I don't mess with his music like that but that's why I said more skilled, not better music. I still haven't heard his last 2-3 albums, might check them out one day.

This is why I rarely get into conversations about technical proficiency in hiphop.

Most people dont listen closely enough to be able to identify it.

People on that list on definitely DOPE rappers but from the technical aspect, nah…

There’s levels.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's a difference in who you like better versus someone being lyrical.

and there needs to be a balance. I doubt people sit around listening to lyrical rappers all day

I have to be in the mood for Black Thought or Elzhi.

and I think Royce finally started finding the balance of being entertaining with his last few projects.

That's why I say Eminem has nothing to rap about. For 20 years Eminem has just pretty much been rapping showing how good he is at rapping, challenging himself with **** the fans don't care about.

Back
Top Bottom