Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1c1aaadc154adec21451c9460a970721.gif

Irv definitely has the burner set up to view Ashanti's IG

Wouldn't blame him

I'm tryna figure out why ain't nobody bust a baby in her by now???

This is the problem with the streaming era. Y'all cats overvalue these dudes because you see em all the time. Ti king album sold more then future's last 4 albums combined. Tibis literally one of the top 20, he may be top 10, selling hip-hop artists of all time. To was also briefly the the best rapper(hottest) in hip-hop, you can't say that for future who still hasn't reached the heights of the big 3 of this generation. Ti did all this without having the luxury of streaming farms. I was on future before anyone knew who he was, back when rocko would randomly throw him on tracks before he dropped 1000. But y'all cats have recency bias like a mf.

Edit: I forgot to mention mans starred in and produced a legit box office hit at his height... Because the ADHD generation posts future songs on all their Instagram posts means future had a higher peak?

I don’t know if you can or how you compare artists from this generation to those from say 2000-2012 or whenever streaming took off. I look at artists like Weezy, TIP, Jeezy, Luda etc. and their streams are so low compared to guys of this generation. What would their streams look like if we were already in the streaming era then? I remember like yesterday when Weezy sold a milli in a few days and everyone was talking about it nonstop.

I don’t know if you can or how you compare artists from this generation to those from say 2000-2012 or whenever streaming took off. I look at artists like Weezy, TIP, Jeezy, Luda etc. and their streams are so low compared to guys of this generation. What would their streams look like if we were already in the streaming era then? I remember like yesterday when Weezy sold a milli in a few days and everyone was talking about it nonstop.
Streaming isn't the standard. People actually went out and bought their albums, that to me shows the true stature of an artist. How their numbers would've looked with streaming is irrelevant. We have, however, seen what future would do without streaming and it was above average.

This. Way too hard to compare CD artist to streaming artist. Strictly music or mainstream popularity? If it's overall popularity, it's T.I. and I don't think it's close. Mans was starring & getting legit roles in block buster movies. There was definitely a point where T.I., Wayne, and Jeezy could box with anybody.

This. Way too hard to compare CD artist to streaming artist. Strictly music or mainstream popularity? If it's overall popularity, it's T.I. and I don't think it's close. Mans was starring & getting legit roles in block buster movies. There was definitely a point where T.I., Wayne, and Jeezy could box with anybody.
Thank you. I'm gonna assume a lot of these dudes were too young at the time of ti run.

This is the problem with the streaming era. Y'all cats overvalue these dudes because you see em all the time. Ti king album sold more then future's last 4 albums combined. Tibis literally one of the top 20, he may be top 10, selling hip-hop artists of all time. To was also briefly the the best rapper(hottest) in hip-hop, you can't say that for future who still hasn't reached the heights of the big 3 of this generation. Ti did all this without having the luxury of streaming farms. I was on future before anyone knew who he was, back when rocko would randomly throw him on tracks before he dropped 1000. But y'all cats have recency bias like a mf.

Edit: I forgot to mention mans starred in and produced a legit box office hit at his height... Because the ADHD generation posts future songs on all their Instagram posts means future had a higher peak?
You're literally doing.. what you're accusing others of doing.

It's too much nuance among other factors that determine what rapper is "better" due to mainstream success

As an artist TI is not ****ing with Future in any shape or form.

Once you in this **** all you can do is call a spade a spade

Catalog, influence, impact, etc. it's type disrespectful to even compare the two

You're literally doing.. what you're accusing others of doing.

It's too much nuance among other factors that determine a rappers mainstream success

As an artist TI is not ****ing with Future in any shape or form.

Once you in this **** all you can do is call a spade a spade

Catalog, influence, impact, etc. it's type disrespectful to even compare the two
Future released 3 albums before the industry made the switch to streaming. So there is a reference point for how future would do if it was strictly physical sales.. also as an artist? Ti has more substance on his first two albums than future has in his career. Lastly, y'all dudes kill me with arbitrary Shxt like "impact" fam when future can make something like this then hit me up.

Mans really said as an artist... Again I've been listening to future since day 1 and this cat is pushing 40 and still making the same surface level music he was making when I first started listening to dude. My mans gotta be trolling.

I got a lot I gotta do today.

I just can't push myself to debate with you about TI vs. Future

We got two different perspectives from two different sides of the fence.

Already too much Niketalk for me today :lol:

You win I lose

Back
Top Bottom