Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I feel like the Future run passed me by and I didn’t even notice. I remember listening to Astronaut Status when I was deployed to Afghanistan. Fast forward to 2020 and dudes on NT posting March Madness, Feds Did A Sweep, Codeine Crazy etc. talking about this dropped “X” amount of years ago. I have no idea where the **** I was at :lol:

I feel like the Future run passed me by and I didn’t even notice. I remember listening to Astronaut Status when I was deployed to Afghanistan. Fast forward to 2020 and dudes on NT posting March Madness, Feds Did A Sweep, Codeine Crazy etc. talking about this dropped “X” amount of years ago. I have no idea where the **** I was at :lol:
Time be flying bruh. Seems like the older we get, the quicker it goes lol

1670456086451.png

America's Cup with straps >>

I don’t know if you can or how you compare artists from this generation to those from say 2000-2012 or whenever streaming took off. I look at artists like Weezy, TIP, Jeezy, Luda etc. and their streams are so low compared to guys of this generation. What would their streams look like if we were already in the streaming era then? I remember like yesterday when Weezy sold a milli in a few days and everyone was talking about it nonstop.

This is what I be thinking. The way we get music now is way different. Tip was putting up big numbers for a long time when people had to go out and buy your ****. From King to Paper trail his albums was going gold the 1st week. Multiple top 10 records, movies. Future been a beast for a longer period but peak wise it's Tip.

Not sure if you were in Atlanta (and in “the mix” as they say for that matter) over the past 7 years. Homie really has been everywhere.

No one has ever considered TI the greatest of all time.

At his "peak" he wasn't as big as Nelly, Luda, Eminem, or 50 Cent.

Future is just on another level
50 Cent, Nelly, and Eminem are 3 of the only 5 rappers to ever go diamond of course he wasn't as "big" as them :rofl: and as far as Ludacris, their careers ran congruent to one another and ti literally out sold luda.. ti's highest selling album(his peak ( sold more than luda's... I'm 100% convinced you're trolling now tho. I'm ashamed I didn't pick up on it earlier

Off top Biggie, Pac, Eminem, Nelly, 50 Cent, and I think OutKast are the only rappers to go diamond and this cat said ti wasn't as big as them. Fam 99.9% of rappers to ever exist weren't as big as them:rofl:

Last two songs are only ones I am really rocking with on this Metro Album

The ASAP Rocky is my type of track, soul sample with some wit on the flow, Takeoff killed it too :frown:

Last song nothing special, but I **** with the beat heavy

In 10 years we're gonna have kids saying Drake is better than Nas... But I guess this thread is a microcosm of today's world. I know it's coming off the opposite but I love future however I can admit that future is severely lacking in substance I guess the older I get I gotta realize that the newer generation doesn't care about substance. Future can make catchy tunes, but I reiterate I'm I'm only 29 and I've outgrown dude's music. Man makes music for kids. I don't listen to Future these days unless I'm popping out or if one of the honeys put him on.

Also y'all need to learn what the word artistic means. I can tell by the way y'all are using it in here that y'all have no clue what that word means.

TI was a god in 06. Flat out.

That was prior to the internet rap era tho.

And Ion doubt the level of futures peak but by the time he got there, the internet pockets of interest or “bubbles” took a hold.

His run hit with his core fan base and there was def some run over with casuals.

TI’s run was supported by mass media outlets which @ the time made him a HEAVY hitter artist. Lets not forget, dude had numerous movies goin @ a certain point as well.

The argument is kinda apples to oranges bc of how the times have redefined what bein a “big” artist is.

ALL current artists are ALWAYS gonna be @ a disadvantage when it comes to comparisons with artist of the past. The way they were presented to us in those days was SO MUCH BIGGER.

Now its all about what you choose to pay attention to.

Last edited:
TI was a god in 06. Flat out.

That was prior to the internet rap era tho.

And Ion doubt the level of futures peak but by the time he got there, the internet pockets of interest or “bubbles” took a hold.

His run hit with his core fan base and there was def some run over with casuals.

TI’s run was supported by mass media outlets which @ the time made him a HEAVY hitter artist. Lets not forget, dude had numerous movies goin @ a certain point as well.

The argument is kinda apples to oranges bc of how the times have redefined what bein a “big” artist is.
I can respect this take 100%

And appreciate you not being emotional

But as someone who's in this I promise you NOBODY is booking TI in NYC or anywhere for that matter for anywhere near as much as Future

Mainstream accolades from 10+ years as go have absolutely nothing to do with his current "relevance"

And I hate that word considering it's relative

Especially with the whole Taxstone situation plus other tomfoolery dude's don't want to be bothered with him on any level

Wait what's your argument? Are you saying future is more relevant today? Of course he is, but in your original post you said peaks. Ti's peak was bigger than future's.

Wait what's your argument? Are you saying future is more relevant today? Of course he is, but in your original post you said peaks. Ti's peak was bigger than future's.
Musically speaking TI's peak isn't comparable to Future's.

Not even speaking on the fact that it's not even close today

Future is on a 40 year Mount Rushmore in hip hop history

TI is not

Not sure if you were in Atlanta (and in “the mix” as they say for that matter) over the past 7 years. Homie really has been everywhere.
I lived in GA from 2015-2017 but was in Texas before that. I remember my patna who is from GA was on Future but aside from that, I really can’t tell you what the **** I was on during his run. **** is wild but I missed his whole run man. I bump his **** now tho :lol:

Back
Top Bottom