Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

He’s said some variation of this for the past 15 years and I strongly disagree everytime.

Id expect to hear something like that from a money, clothes & **** rapper which he’s never been

He has a point, but he can give observations

Andre has been rich and popular for 30 years. Hard to talk about your experiences from when you were 17.

I hate the whole age limit people try to put on hip hop artists. He can still creatively rap about things middle aged men go through. I feel there's a lane for that. Nas and Killer Mike are doing it gracefully.

I feel like he's letting the expectations get to him and is over thinking it.

He has a point, but he can give observations

Andre has been rich and popular for 30 years. Hard to talk about your experiences from when you were 17.
I’ve said this before, no excuses. His contemporaries like Killer Mike, Black Thought, Big Boi and Nas have remained active and continue to drop heat. Lupe and Skyzoo are a bit younger but 40+ and still finding ways to make quality music. And nobody I mentioned is doing heavy “back in my day” raps.

I hate the whole age limit people try to put on hip hop artists. He can still creatively rap about things middle aged men go through. I feel there's a lane for that. Nas and Killer Mike are doing it gracefully.

I feel like he's letting the expectations get to him and is over thinking it.

And now that people who were young in hip hops golden era getting to their 40’s-60’s it’s a whole new demographic of older rap fans that wasn’t there 20-30 years ago

He don’t wanna be taken out of those Top 10-20 conversations. We know what Nas Hov Ye Pac Wayne BIG whoever etc.‘s mid sounds like. We don’t know what Andre’s solo mid sounds like lol

Back
Top Bottom