Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Can't let Hate Me Now be mentioned (classic song btw) without this Gem of a Diddy story

Straight from Wikipedia:

Music video​

The music video for the single, directed by Hype Williams and featuring Nas being crucified, was the subject of extreme controversy, as the original edit also featured Sean Combs, then known as Puff Daddy, on the cross.Puffy, who was a Catholic, had demanded that his crucifixion scene be excised from the broadcast edit of the video. However, the wrong edit was incorrectly sent to MTV, which broadcast that version on the April 15, 1999, edition of Within minutes of the broadcast, Combs had barged into the offices of Nas' manager Steve Stoute with several bodyguards, and struck Stoute over the head with a champagne bottle. In June 1999, Stoute sued Combs, resulting in a $500,000 out-of-court settlement from Combs.[

Nas & Yo peaceed it up…but you know these bars were intentional and possibly pre-recorded. And the imagery on the cross (right after 1996)

Picture me rollin', sixes, money foldin….
Most critically acclaimed Pulitzer Prize winner
Best storyteller, thug narrator, my style's greater
Model dater, big threat to a lot of you haters
Commentators ringside try watchin' my paper

IMG_3749.jpeg

A lot in the songs and visuals. It’s kinda wild hearing “Against All Odds”, seeing the visual. Knowing the timing. And watching re-listening to “Hate me now”

Look at the OG cover of Makaveli (even the released cover). Listen to the joint diddy had with black rob, at the same exact time.

IMG_3752.jpeg

Read this intro to the censored version of “Hate Me Now”

IMG_3750.jpeg

:nerd:

Oh you meant that. Yeah there was some eerie ****. I don’t know if it went from beef to homage since he was a big Pac fan. I remember N’s said the Nas and Mobb song It’s Mine was shots at Pac

Puff walking away clean as hell.

Dude has to many connections and I'm not sure she can prove all these allegations against him.

They will settle out of court probably for $20-35 million.

Puff is a Fed. And Kanye was right (about a few things, wildly wrong on others)

Diddy all in the month of September (after being quiet all year):

-MTV Global Icon Award

-Key to New York City

-New Album
-Breakfast Club Interview
-“Giving” bad boy artist their publishing back.

That seems like a guy in need of positive press, knowing Keefe D is about to get jammed up.

Listen closely, but Reggie Wright lays out the Von Zip thing right here: Arista, recording sessions not booked for album.

2:45 min mark

I think Puff is a protected fed/informant. Allowed to move/move up, as long as he don’t directly get his hands dirty. Cuz ain’t know way that a Black Man can survive being a part of City College Tragedy (10 people dead). Multiple shooting incidents in a 5 year period (Wolf, Shine, Big etc etc). And then, lead a campaign for “Vote or die” a few years later :lol:

You know, going back and really looking at the Shyne case (and others) again, there is a lot of protection and **** they let slide. Where his people got hit, or they took the charge.

And I believe money B too.

Nas & Yo peaceed it up…but you know these bars were intentional and possibly pre-recorded. And the imagery on the cross (right after 1996)

Picture me rollin', sixes, money foldin….
Most critically acclaimed Pulitzer Prize winner
Best storyteller, thug narrator, my style's greater
Model dater, big threat to a lot of you haters
Commentators ringside try watchin' my paper

IMG_3749.jpeg

A lot in the songs and visuals. It’s kinda wild hearing “Against All Odds”, seeing the visual. Knowing the timing. And watching re-listening to “Hate me now”

Look at the OG cover of Makaveli (even the released cover). Listen to the joint diddy had with black rob, at the same exact time.

IMG_3752.jpeg

Read this intro to the censored version of “Hate Me Now”

IMG_3750.jpeg

:nerd:

Money is power mfer

I got a million thugs on salary

1700183276294.png

1700183395130.png

I heard rumors about Puff when his baby moms died a couple of years back.

Can't say I'm surprised. I never liked dude.

With all the God and Love talk tragedy and death always followed him starting with City College.

He's having a hell of a year. Him, Usher and Will Smith.

And we're still waiting to hear about Keefe D

Back
Top Bottom