Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Some of you really throw around the word genius too much.

Dude has been involved in ICONIC songs of the decade & has worked with every iconic & genius artist of this generation, how is dude not genius. There isn't a long list of people who are gonna be able to produce generational hits constantly, he is. To be able to construct those hits, is genius.

DC0D9435-00D5-4DF6-B16A-A567C360F3BE.gif

How is Dream a genius song writer, when people constantly complain about the depth of Beyonce's music. Well they did pre Lemonade.

He's made popular songs

he created a whole new soundscape/subgenre of r&b, his dna still exists in artists like the weeknd and swae lee and has created some of the most beloved songs of all time by women while being a straight male. dude is def a underappreciated genius.

I can see Gibbs comparison too. But buck is the down south pac everybody try to say boosie is.

I can see people saying that about Buck lyric and style wise, but as far as the feeling people get when hearing them rap, it’s most definitely Boosie. Idk, I was never a huge fan of his, but I get it, especially Boosie’s earlier music. Basically everything up until his post-prison stuff.

Dude has been involved in ICONIC songs of the decade & has worked with every iconic & genius artist of this generation, how is dude not genius. There isn't a long list of people who are gonna be able to produce generational hits constantly, he is. To be able to construct those hits, is genius.

he created a whole new soundscape/subgenre of r&b, his dna still exists in artists like the weeknd and swae lee and has created some of the most beloved songs of all time by women while being a straight male. dude is def a underappreciated genius.

So Future, Rihanna and Drake are geniuses for making hits :lol:

The content and the substance of the songs don't matter, as long as they're popular. You're a genius. :lol:

You dudes have really low bars for that word.

Nobody is going to be looking at that bull**** 30 years from now as some Bob Marley or Jimi Hendrix level work.

Reactions: OTG
I personally dont even look at the term genius like that. There’s a lot of geniuses imo, most just don’t have everything else needed to actually do something with the ****. There are levels within this tho

Dream is def s genius level talent to me, that _ beat the odds. We not even supposed to know about Dream like that, he supposed to be in the background writing like Starrah and James Fauntleroy. He not a sex symbol, doesn’t really have one of those large personalities or brands. _ just too damn good at making music

Last edited:
I personally dont even look at the term genius like that. There’s a lot of geniuses imo, most just don’t have everything else needed to actually do something with the ****. There are levels within this tho

Dream is def s genius level talent to me, that _ beat the odds. We not even supposed to know about Dream like that, he supposed to be in the background writing like Starrah and James Fauntleroy. He not a sex symbol, doesn’t really have one of those large personalities or brands. _ just too damn good at making music
Lol what
Being a genius isn't an opinion

I can see Gibbs comparison too. But buck is the down south pac everybody try to say boosie is.

I **** with Buck heavy but he ain't got the influence of impact Boosie got. Boosie is a king all through the south and parts up north especially Baltimore.

Always thought it was cool how he was able to write hits for others while still being able to do so for himself. It’s normally one or the other (Sean Garrett is a big example)

I was shocked as hell to see Sean Garrett on love and hip hop. :lol:

This man wrote big hits for Beyonce, Chris Brown and others.

Once I saw _'s discrediting Dr Dre I left these "genius" discussions alone. :lol:

A lot of fans really don't know the work people put in and what goes into making records. They just base things on who they like and don't like.

Back
Top Bottom