Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Only the internet was hyping up Juelz who shined on Diplomatic Immunity (a classic in my book). Wayne was on a different planet in terms of popularity. Every car and CD player had Sqad Up tapes, D1, and Carter 2 playing.

Sales, skill, or whatever else is different. But in my HS entering college years you could not escape Lil Wayne.
Period. And I **** with Juelz heavy. But it wasn't all that close when they was linking up.

Cassidy & Juelz were more comparable around that time. Lloyd Banks might’ve even been slightly ahead. And Fab doing his thing.

But Wayne after everybody caught on to the mixtapes, was right below like TI & Jeezy. It was really a hierarchy to it. And Ross somewhere in between.

And ******s like Boosie, Gucci, Gotti were a tier below, and didn’t get their mainstream shot at that time, and built fanbases on the chittering circuit.
Everyone at J State was playing Wayne. But all the clubs was playing Boosie and Gucci.

Cassidy & Juelz were more comparable around that time. Lloyd Banks might’ve even been slightly ahead. And Fab doing his thing.

But Wayne after everybody caught on to the mixtapes, was right below like TI & Jeezy. It was really a hierarchy to it. And Ross somewhere in between.

And ******s like Boosie, Gucci, Gotti were a tier below, and didn’t get their mainstream shot at that time, and built fanbases on the chittering circuit.

Banks sold over 3mil on Hunger For More he was ahead of Juelz, Fab and Wayne for a minute. :lol:

None of them was touching Banks buzz 02-05.

Wait Banks really trying to charge $100 for a mixtape in the year of our lord 2023??? He really on that dope huh? Who would entertain that when you know it'll be online for free soon after it releases!?

C'mon man

f7da3c409eb54c2295fb22d26d344d9a_md.jpg

:lol:

Can’t wait til 3K’s album comes out, cause I know Westside Gunn is gonna have various producers chop that **** up and have Conway, Benny, and Rome Streets spitting some fire over it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom