Rape Discussion: Girl was almost raped tonight, thank you NYPD for protecting her this evening.

the nomad

Banned
Tonight my girl was drinking and got so wasted that she separated from her friend and passed out on the train.

When she came to a cop was fighting off a guy who he witnessed dig in her purse then attempted to put his hand up her thigh.

I was livid, her phone wss dead and she didn't call me to let me know what time she would be home. Then after she told me the story, and we got the NYPD call back I was even more infuriated that she could be so irresponsible.

She's taking this too lightly and thinks it's game, rape is real and rape can happen to anyone.

I thought I'd share this tonight and hope this thread generates some type of awareness and education on rape prevention.

NYC train drunk and female? What she thought would happen its a lot of thirsty dudes out here..

If one plans on getting drunk and especially a female have cab money and always walk around with phone charger is a simple way to avoid what could had never happen if she wasn't cheap on paying for a cab.

Last edited:
Glad to see your girl is fine and didn't end up like that other NTers girl. I think she's taking it lightly because she feels guilty. You have every right to be mad though, you gotta protect the one's you love most. Even if it means showing them tough love

I don't think she's cheap, it's just a cab at this hour takes longer than a train. Still doesn't change the fact of how irresponsible she was. What happened to the other NT'er's girl?

Where is she coming from and going to in NY where it takes longer in a cab then on a train, especially at this time on a Thursday night?

Her actions were irresponsible in retrospect, but it's nowhere near her fault that someone think it's cool to assault someone especially a female under the influence. Definitely use this to develop plans for these type of situations...I've been within a few close calls myself :smh:

**** disgusts me. My girl was raped prior to us dating by her roommate, she's an international student and her English is spotty. First night she moved into this new place, guy got piss drunk and basically pinned her down and ripped off her clothes. We were just friends at the time, but when I heard about it, I still wanted to kill the dude (though she reported it to the police and they checked her phone history and it included me saying I wanted to kill the dude so I could not do much). 

Last edited:
Sorry but she wasn't responsible. She shouldn't have put herself in that situation. Why not have a plan when you drink?

Sorry but she wasn't responsible. She shouldn't have put herself in that situation. Why not have a plan when you drink?
Not defending her actions but plans ALWAYS change once you get alcohol in your system. I've been in too many situations where alcohol was the root of evil.

Glad she's safe and props to the officer for being there in time. I would be mad at the friends.

Last edited:
fought someone in college trying to make out with a passed out girl... (i guess in hopes she would come too and just go witht he flow?)

that said she gotta be more responsible.

if i get drunk and lose my phone i definitely blame myself. I've seen mad folks belligerent or sleeping on nyc trains. phones in their hands while they're nodding off. One dude dropped his phone in his seat. i woke him up told him to put it in his pocket he just went back to sleep and dropped it again. ended up putting the phone in his bag for him.

fought someone in college trying to make out with a passed out girl... (i guess in hopes she would come too and just go witht he flow?)

that said she gotta be more responsible.

if i get drunk and lose my phone i definitely blame myself. I've seen mad folks belligerent or sleeping on nyc trains. phones in their hands while they're nodding off. One dude dropped his phone in his seat. i woke him up told him to put it in his pocket he just went back to sleep and dropped it again. ended up putting the phone in his bag for him.

Good ****

Back when I lived in NY and would get super drunk and take the train home, I would also make sure to put my wallet and phone in my inner jacket/coat pockets and zip/button it all the way up. I still got got once for my phone and twice for my wallet though in about 10 years.

My old roommate once got his jeans cut all the way up from his shins to his front pockets and got his phone and wallet stolen that night.

Back
Top Bottom