Ray Donovan; new series on showtime

Bumped.
Probably change the thread title and include all UK shows.
I'll post there though

We are about to get boo'd out this thread though :smile:
C'mon son stop being a whiny victim.

All good shows are welcomed here. You're late to the party as far as talking about UK series just take it to the movie/tv thread.

Last edited:
We are about to get boo'd out this thread though :smile:
C'mon son stop being a whiny victim.

All good shows are welcomed here. You're late to the party as far as talking about UK series just take it to the movie/tv thread.

It's not whining.
More so being respectful of the thread talking about an off topic.
As far as being late to the party on the UK tip, I guess.
I spit out plenty shows in the Movie thread (months ago) when I joined that thread that you'd never heard of.
Don't know where you are coming from with the whiny mess though but... Have it at if it suits you.

Very dope show.
I find myself wanting more eps yea but, that's off habit and not necessary.

UK does a series right if you ask me.

Not trying to thread Derail...but Top Boy def needs some more episodes. Heard they canned it.

A shame since it was left on such a dope a** cliffhanger

I can actually tell you why it's like this with many UK series...

A couple years ago, we used to do media work and press work for a UK series (behind the scenes for promotions and DVDs, TV trailers etc), that got canned after about 2 seasons.

Basically, we found out from the UK crew it's a difference in mentality. In the States, you make a pilot which leads to a season. When that season does well, more money is often pumped into the show to make it better, add production value and work on syndication deals (that's where the real money is). In the UK production and media houses think differently. They invest heavily in a first season, then actually taper off their investment spending less and less trying to ride off the strength of the show. So series often end up running out of steam, and then they slap together a festive special episode.

The one show from the UK that I was really disappointed by was Misfits. Started off so damn good, but the constant cast replacements ruined it.

But yeah, I love shows like Sherlock and Life on Mars (which @#$@ on the American version)
Misfits. :smh:
I had to stop watching when they started replacing the og cast.

As much as I do enjoy killing an hour on Sunday night watching this before I go back to work Monday, I can't front, a LOT of the same **** has crossed my mind :lol:

"every time he commits a crime he tells them his name first" 
roll.gif

"he walks his dog every day, twice a day but hasnt been seen in 20 years?" 
roll.gif

laugh.gif
@ him talking about Ray constantly having to do U-turns.

He reminds me of Bunchy a little bit too.

:lol: It was petty nitpicking at first in the first vid but then he started bringing up stuff even I bring up and joke about :lol: like the u-turn :rofl: swerving in these streets like a wild man. Would love to see him get a ticket one of these eps.

I did never notice how many times he says his name before he does his thing. The Sully details though :rofl:

I like that he keeps watching and bashes it in a humorous way. :stoneface: @ anybody who called this the next Sopranos though. Showtime has shown they're not capable of that.

Last edited:
i agree. good premiere. got the screener for the 2nd episode from work and it was a good one. i wish they would release all the episodes like they do with netflix series, but im obv asking for too much

Old Ray is wallowing in some self pity & misery. :smh:

:smh: & :lol: @ Ray handling his business to quickly. Does he get any enjoyment?!?!

Poor Daryll... He literally is the black sheep of the family... Alls dude wants is love.

If I were his brother, I'd smack the ish outta Bunchy to knock some sense in him...

:x @ Ezra... He looked rougher than rough.

That dude that plays the priest trying to come at Ray always plays a creepy dude. I remember him from Seven....

Back
Top Bottom