Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Bottomline is we don't divide who we are by color because we're ALL hispanic.
images

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Bottomline is we don't divide who we are by color because we're ALL hispanic
pigeonhood there are countries in africa that were  conquered by the spanish.....do u share the same culture as them pigeohood?

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Bottomline is we don't divide who we are by color because we're ALL hispanic
pigeonhood there are countries in africa that were  conquered by the spanish.....do u share the same culture as them pigeohood?

A lot don't have any "blackness" to refuse. I hear this %%$@ all the time, but not every dominican has african blood running through them, even the dark skinned ones. Then when you explain the diversity and what we are made up of and how some of us don't even have haitian or african in us they say they are referring to your skin tone. I've never heard a indian dude have to prove how he is not black, and I have never heard of anyone who isn't Caucasian or look Caucasian be called white. Yes if you are dark skinned you can be considered black, but does that make my brother white? Cause he damn sure has never been considered, treated or looked at as a white man. I myself am made up of taino and spaniard, and it's possible i do have some type of african or hatian in me, but if i do it's minimal and i can't even trace back to it. I don't go around saying, yeah I'm indian or that I'm spaniard. Cambodians aren't considered "black" and I can't speak for everyone, but they have a lot more african in them then me. At the end of the day though none of this matters, and this only gets brought up by people trying stir up controversy or simply trying to just get a rise out of people.

A lot don't have any "blackness" to refuse. I hear this %%$@ all the time, but not every dominican has african blood running through them, even the dark skinned ones. Then when you explain the diversity and what we are made up of and how some of us don't even have haitian or african in us they say they are referring to your skin tone. I've never heard a indian dude have to prove how he is not black, and I have never heard of anyone who isn't Caucasian or look Caucasian be called white. Yes if you are dark skinned you can be considered black, but does that make my brother white? Cause he damn sure has never been considered, treated or looked at as a white man. I myself am made up of taino and spaniard, and it's possible i do have some type of african or hatian in me, but if i do it's minimal and i can't even trace back to it. I don't go around saying, yeah I'm indian or that I'm spaniard. Cambodians aren't considered "black" and I can't speak for everyone, but they have a lot more african in them then me. At the end of the day though none of this matters, and this only gets brought up by people trying stir up controversy or simply trying to just get a rise out of people.

bleach wrote:
Originally Posted by thenewjs23

All around the world dark skinned is considered poor. Light skinned is associated with wealth.
basically.
d6b35c88e331bc2e3ffe9e0df8908a55380bc41.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

which is actually ok but i wish he would atleast acknowledge the difference between "race" and culture.
if he told someone he's black
they would totally dismiss his culture

bleach wrote:

All around the world dark skinned is considered poor. Light skinned is associated with wealth.
basically.

which is actually ok but i wish he would atleast acknowledge the difference between "race" and culture.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

As long as they recognize their African ancestry I don't care if they don't think they're black.
You say that as if you know what you're talking about. You do realize that MANY don't have African ancestry to recognize right? !%!@ there's plenty of white males from this country with african ancestry they don't recognize but that doesn't seem to be a issue. 

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

As long as they recognize their African ancestry I don't care if they don't think they're black.
You say that as if you know what you're talking about. You do realize that MANY don't have African ancestry to recognize right? !%!@ there's plenty of white males from this country with african ancestry they don't recognize but that doesn't seem to be a issue. 

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

bleach wrote:

basically.

well if i told someone i was black they would totally dismiss my culture as well.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

bleach wrote:

basically.

well if i told someone i was black they would totally dismiss my culture as well.

so I bet you don't
it's not like they can't see your color 
eyes.gif

so I bet you don't
it's not like they can't see your color 
eyes.gif

This thread again? Smh

Dominican ppl are a mix of Spaniards, taino indians, & haitians, & slaves from

Africa...

Im tired of ppl on this site imposing a label on me when they dunno SQUAT bout Dominican

Culture...why don't u tell A-ROD he's black too...heh
we're all hispanic implies that you're more loyal to the language your imperialists forced on you than your african hertitage. there is a lot of color discrimination in south american and dominica. you my friend are in denial. dark skinned people like you in south america get discriminated against, whether u like to admit it or not.

This thread again? Smh

Africa...

Im tired of ppl on this site imposing a label on me when they dunno SQUAT bout Dominican

we're all hispanic implies that you're more loyal to the language your imperialists forced on you than your african hertitage. there is a lot of color discrimination in south american and dominica. you my friend are in denial. dark skinned people like you in south america get discriminated against, whether u like to admit it or not.

I want to know why Mexicans hate Puerto Ricans so much. Im talking how whites hated black back in the civil rights movement type hate.

These 2 mexican women at my last job used to DOG Puerto rican women and men like it was nothing

I want to know why Mexicans hate Puerto Ricans so much. Im talking how whites hated black back in the civil rights movement type hate.

These 2 mexican women at my last job used to DOG Puerto rican women and men like it was nothing

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

who cares, you realize only poor people waste their time talking about stuff like that. 
laugh.gif

hating a race isn't going to take you anywhere positive

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

who cares, you realize only poor people waste their time talking about stuff like that. 
laugh.gif

hating a race isn't going to take you anywhere positive

This thread again? Smh

Africa...

you have no +#*%!!# idea what you talking about b...this is da last time i participate in da disrespect of my hispanic heritage

1. da island of hispanola was originally inhabited by da taino natives that were nearly wiped out by European disease and enslavement....PLENTY of them survived and ran to da mountains ( los cibaos)

2. when da Haitians became independent of da french they tried to take us over...we kicked their +$!$$ and sent em back to their side of da island.

3. da trinitarios were da forefathers of our own dominican independence...although we were once again re-colonized by da spanish we later won hour eventual independence...

inconclusion, to honor our ENTIRE history why da **%% would i just completely waive all that rich history to don da label of a generic black person in da United States? black people in da united states don't even know where they come from

but they wanna be da first people tryin to label other group's history...how about trace ya own roots for a change....and ya wonder why da ACTUAL africans from Africa can't stand ya guts....
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

"there's no European's in da Dominican Republic" 
indifferent.gif

"da Dominican Republic is only a couple hundred years ago..there is no dominican republic culture"
indifferent.gif

"ya not spanish, ya just speak spanish"
indifferent.gif

tired of ya $#!@#$ b......
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

leave us alone %@%#.....

This thread again? Smh

Africa...

you have no +#*%!!# idea what you talking about b...this is da last time i participate in da disrespect of my hispanic heritage

1. da island of hispanola was originally inhabited by da taino natives that were nearly wiped out by European disease and enslavement....PLENTY of them survived and ran to da mountains ( los cibaos)

2. when da Haitians became independent of da french they tried to take us over...we kicked their +$!$$ and sent em back to their side of da island.

3. da trinitarios were da forefathers of our own dominican independence...although we were once again re-colonized by da spanish we later won hour eventual independence...

inconclusion, to honor our ENTIRE history why da **%% would i just completely waive all that rich history to don da label of a generic black person in da United States? black people in da united states don't even know where they come from

but they wanna be da first people tryin to label other group's history...how about trace ya own roots for a change....and ya wonder why da ACTUAL africans from Africa can't stand ya guts....
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

"there's no European's in da Dominican Republic" 
indifferent.gif

"da Dominican Republic is only a couple hundred years ago..there is no dominican republic culture"
indifferent.gif

"ya not spanish, ya just speak spanish"
indifferent.gif

tired of ya $#!@#$ b......
grin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

leave us alone %@%#.....

^ my *%%*!
pimp.gif
. That's it, lock up this thread. You got African Americans mad at the fact that Domincans ARE who they ARE. dead this +*%@ after this, I never wanna see this thread again.

^ my *%%*!
pimp.gif
. That's it, lock up this thread. You got African Americans mad at the fact that Domincans ARE who they ARE. dead this +*%@ after this, I never wanna see this thread again.

Back
Top Bottom