Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

I think USC fans will see where things really stack up after this visit this weekend. Don't let people fool you, he is very close to his family. AA is justdown the road. Plus, all Nick wants to know is where he stands in Michigans defense. He got that assurance earlier this week and it will be hammered home thisweekend. He has to take his ACTs on Saturday morning but was thinking of driving in Friday afternoon, driving home Friday late-nite, driving back Saturdayafternoon and then staying until Sunday. He wanted to commit to Michigan this summer but the old regime wanted him to take a look around to see what else isout there. The kid has always been a fan of Michigan. Plus, he has become friends with Brandon Graham with whom he will be spending the entire weekend with. BGis a person you instantly are drawn too. He will sell him. The only team I was worried about was Michigan State but now that they have faded, I feel real good.

Rodriguez has never had a great DC (not to say Shafer is) and he has never seen talent like we have on the defensive side of the ball. All RR ever wants to doon D is let players loose and Shafer really wants an aggressive D.

I am not calling Perry a lock to Michigan because recruiting is so crazy, but I would say after this weekend, he will have a tough decision to leave home and Idon't think he will do it. Unless, Urban Meyer comes in and changes his mothers mind with lies, make her take of the recruitment, tells her son that shewill not allow him to attend Michigan and then have her son get the furthest away from her as possible. I just don't see that happening this year though.

Rodriguez has never had a great DC (not to say Shafer is) and he has never seen talent like we have on the defensive side of the ball. All RR ever wants to do on D is let players loose

If he can have that mindset and still have the 4th best defense in the NCAA in terms of yards allowed per game....he should be able to do pretty damn good withMichigan's talent on the defensive side.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Rodriguez has never had a great DC (not to say Shafer is) and he has never seen talent like we have on the defensive side of the ball. All RR ever wants to
do on D is let players loose

If he can have that mindset and still have the 4th best defense in the NCAA in terms of yards allowed per game....he should be able to do pretty damn good with
Michigan's talent on the defensive side.

He SHOULD have a great defense next year but nothing is certain. I am not making any excuses for less than great defenses where-ever RR has been butMichigan talent level is going to be the best he has ever had. Michigan loses a couple of key guys like Crable and the safeties, but they return all 7DLinemen, have some decent LBs and their secondary should be a strong part. I am not the most impressed with Shafer, but his defenses cause turnovers and Ithink he should have a great core of players to work with next year. They SHOULD make up for the new offense having to get broken in.

Originally Posted by dreClark

As long as he doesn't try to run that 3-3-5 only, I think Rodriguez will be ok in ann arbor..

Shafer already said that he doesn't care about schemes and that he will prepare for it team individually and will not consider one scheme and only onescheme. I believe he ran a base 4-3 at Stanford and would more than likely do the same here. RR has handed the reigns to Shafer and the rest of the coaches forD and will do his thing on offense. I think you will see 4-3, 3-4, 3-3-5, nickel all mixed in. The thing is the DLine will be the strength and the secondarywill also be strong. The LBs are unproven outside of my boy Ezeh and that might be an area that need to cover up and make sure they don't hurt us too much.I am not worried about the D next year but the O might be a struggle, with or without Terrelle Pryor.

As long as y'all aren't out there running the damn 4-2-5 that Texas A&M is so in love with...I hate that damn defense, it kills me to watch it berun every game. Hopefully with a new HC and a new DC, that nasty defense is out the window...

Dug this joint from the grave....
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Word is that Mark Richt has swiped John Lilly off of FSU's staff. Another top recruiter in Athens...
pimp.gif

Yeah, Richt got him
Word is that the him being the 'Recruiting Coordinator' was killing his life and he had to make a decision. Not to mention he has no job security one Bowden is gone as Jimbo has no ties to him. I think it was the right decsion. Dudes on rivals were badmouthing him and @%+$, but I think he made the right decision....Plus he is good friends w/ Richt and Van Halanger. This means that y'all are definitely getting Dwyane Allen...He's a beast at TE
pimp.gif
Yessir! BUT...looks like the chips didn't fall thatway. And this one wasn't even a direct result of Billy Napier or Dabo Swinney. Those cats are monsters on the recruiting trail though, I hope to GodClemson can hold onto them.

Originally Posted by ddot7

Originally Posted by DLo13

Word is that Mark Richt has swiped John Lilly off of FSU's staff. Another top recruiter in Athens...
pimp.gif

Yeah, Richt got him
Word is that the him being the 'Recruiting Coordinator' was killing his life and he had to make a decision. Not to mention he has no job security one Bowden is gone as Jimbo has no ties to him. I think it was the right decsion. Dudes on rivals were badmouthing him and @%+$, but I think he made the right decision....Plus he is good friends w/ Richt and Van Halanger. This means that y'all are definitely getting Dwyane Allen...He's a beast at TE
pimp.gif
Yessir! BUT...looks like the chips didn't fall that way. And this one wasn't even a direct result of Billy Napier or Dabo Swinney. Those cats are monsters on the recruiting trail though, I hope to God Clemson can hold onto them.

That @%%# threw me for a loop dot....Did not see that coming.....esp. since he basically re-committed to UGA like the day before NSD.....

Word on the street is that he had planned on committing to Clemson (that Monday), his mom REALLY wanted him at Clemson and his best friend Miguel Chavis is aDT at Clemson, but his coach is VERY pro-UGA. Not alleging any improprieties, but apparently dude wasn't making the decision easy for Dwayne.

Dear Coach Fulmer, Teammates, Volunteer Fans and Parents:

I am sending this letter to each of you in order to express my sincere regret for embarrassing the University of Tennessee and the football program because of a most unfortunate, well-publicized situation last week. Even more importantly, I have let my parents, coaches, teammates, fans and myself down. Please accept my apology for my lack of judgment. There are no excuses.

I have been abundantly blessed in my life with a wonderful family and the unbelievable opportunity not only to play football, but also to get an education at one of the premier universities in America, the University of Tennessee.

Finally, I want to thank Coach Fulmer for the opportunity he has given me. Please know I have learned a hard life lesson, and I am committed to making sure it never happens again. I accept the responsibilities for my actions and will now move forward.

Respectfully,

Gerald Jones

That's why I mess with G. Jones
pimp.gif

Even if he had help writing that, I dont care. At least he taking responsibility. Too many Vols have had all kinda excuses (CokeHead) No one asked him to dothat. so I respect that. I mean if he did get help,what did u expect, a bunch of have typos and mispelled wrong? ehhh

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Even if he had help writing that, I dont care. At least he taking responsibility. Too many Vols have had all kinda excuses (CokeHead) No one asked him to do that. so I respect that. I mean if he did get help,what did u expect, a bunch of have typos and mispelled wrong? ehhh

No, no, no my dude.....You read it wrong

Like, he actually had input and this is something that he brought about and wanted to do (actually taking responsibility and showing remorse), rather thanit being something drummed up by someone else (simply a ploy to get back on the team, and he meant none of it)....

FSU picked up a kid named Jajuan Harley, 4 * S. I won't copy & paste, but kid looks like a player.

and onto the other end of the spectrum

[table][tr][td]
Tennessee dismisses DB Wardlow, LB Davis for rules violations
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]February 13, 2008
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer dismissed defensive back Antonio Wardlow and reserve linebacker Dorian Davis for violations of team rules.

Wardlow, a sophomore from Winston-Salem, N.C., saved the Vols' win over Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl with an interception on the 1-yard line with less than a minute left.

It was not immediately known why Wardlow was dismissed. He was one of three Vols arrested after a fight outside a Knoxville nightclub in November 2006.

Davis, a sophomore who played in 24 games at Tennessee, mostly on special teams, was cited for fighting in his Iowa hometown in October.

According to Iowa City police, Davis got into a verbal altercation with the friend of an acquaintance and then pushed him and struck him. Davis was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct but released without going to jail.

since we're still talking about football....

i read today that oregon will be debuting a black helmet next season
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Gunna...
I know you've posted some thoughts before, but how are you feeling about the direction of UT? I know the recruiting class wasn't really ranked too highand it probably had a lot to do with losing Cutcliffe & Troop, but you think things are looking okay?

Nope.
I felt a coaching change should have been made in 2005.
Coach Fulmer has seen better days and has been passed by.
there is plenty of talent and that alone will prolly keep him around another 3 or 4 yrs. I mean he's gonna do his usual 8 - 9 wins and win the outback bowlor the citrus bowl. thats pretty weak for a program that has sent the amount of players to the league that this one has

Originally Posted by ddot7

FSU picked up a kid named Jajuan Harley, 4 * S. I won't copy & paste, but kid looks like a player.

My dude Jajuan!!!!! Kid is a stud back there....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Very versatile. I saw an interview with him like 3 days ago....and you could tell it was just amatter of time before he committed....

Im gonna post this in the recruting thread as well....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

damn wardlow from my city.....i swear football players who go D1 can't catch a break.....besides Derek Nicholson

smh.gif
i know man lol....Ced Hickman got kicked off of NC States team too.....i think he going to App State though

Back
Top Bottom