Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

does PC just not want holland to go to florida or not leave SC period?? i remember he held tight on Rocky hinds for a couple of weeks but then let him go to UNLV

and moody style of running does fit into floridas offense but the idiot will get limited PT.

Quote:
Moody decided on Florida over North Carolina, Texas and Oklahoma State. Although his initial plan was to visit all four, he said that once he set foot in Gainesville, he knew he found what he was looking for.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!

Gunna,

Hahah you better NOT get that flight to Madison ready. I seen PJ in BK early in the summer and son was talking about he gonna take the Doak and stuff.
I AIN'T EVEN WIT IT

Yeah I'm somewhat against Moody coming to Florida if he wants to be "The Man". There is no way he getting 25 plus carries in our system with Harvin, Fayson, and Rainey still on the team.

I know we still do not have a proven running back yet but by 2008 Moody still has to compete with 4 other backs(Rainey, Moore, Williams, Walker).

Other then that I'll welcome to the Gator Nation and he will be one hell of a scout back for this year.

Moody will add depth to the gators roster.. but he aint starting over chris rainey..

and he wont be used as an all purpose player like harvin or bubba.. he'll still be an asset to that team

and whats the deal with not letting jamere transfer?

She caught it like it was a routine pop fly..

Wow, he leaves SC to be a "featured back" and then goes to another stacked school :smh:
smh.gif
. He's living in his own fantasy.

Looks like there was some illegal contact by UF in trying to get the Holland / Moody package.. urbie's up to his dirty tricks again

^ Really! I respect the guys offensive mind but something about him just really rubs me the wrong we...Urban that is
For Sale: Authentic Nike Iverson Gtown Jersey sz 48 (mint); DS Flint XIII sz11; DS Zoom Fligh 95 Hi wht/blk sz10.5

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

Is anyone watching the ESPN U draft special?... Todd McShay just said Chris Long is the No. 1 overall pick and Andre Woodson is has a height concern... :rolleyes
eyes.gif
Team NC State
Dre Brown- What's Good FSU?
Team Mayhem​

Quote:
I respect the guys offensive mind but something about him just really rubs me the wrong we...Urban that is
:rofl:
roll.gif
@ Andre Woodson's "Height" problems
dammit I missed the draft preview. I will check the listing for the re-run, Ive gotta see this.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Lower then Low, The Scum of the Earth

That's too bad about Holland looking to go to UF because of Moody, he was dead set on going to Oregon just a few days ago.
OREGON FOOTBALL '07
ZERO EXPECTATIONS​

^^^ where was it reported that he was dead set?? oregons name came up because he pretty much commited there before SC got him late.

EDIT:
This fool Todd McShay has Marcus Monk has a 3rd round pick :smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<

Quote:
he was dead set on going to Oregon just a few days ago

He is still really interested in Oregon, the problem is PC doesn't want him in the PAC 10.

Quote:
does PC just not want holland to go to florida or not leave SC period??
ed sulking and not showing up to team workouts and stuff. He began talking up the idea of transferring to some of the guys he was close to on the team (specifically Allen Bradford, and Shareece Wright) Once PC found out he kicked Holland off the team although Holland had basically already quit.

To make a long story short PC is royally pissed with Holland and is unlikely to grant him a release anywhere short of Appalachian St at this point. Holland will be appealling to some kind of Student Advisory Board at SC that is not connected to the athletic department in an effort to get his release so we'll see what happens

Quote:
Holland was contacted by Troy Starr who is his former coach at Woodland Hills Taft High School here in California and is currently head of football operations at UF. He got into Hollands head and got him thinking that he would never be the main guy at SC. Holland then started sulking and not showing up to team workouts and stuff. He began talking up the idea of transferring to some of the guys he was close to on the team (specifically Allen Bradford, and Shareece Wright) Once PC found out he kicked Holland off the team although Holland had basically already quit.

To make a long story short PC is royally pissed with Holland and is unlikely to grant him a release anywhere short of Appalachian St at this point. Holland will be appealling to some kind of Student Advisory Board at SC that is not connected to the athletic department in an effort to get his release so we'll see what happens

Hit it on the head. No way PC grants Holland a release to Florida with all the questionable connections and nearly influencing Shareece Wright to transfer. Florida better be careful before they're caught red-handed and get slapped with a NCAA violation.

:wow:
eek.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
Kyle Wright :x
sick.gif

STOP IT! :smh:
smh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

I gotta get on the phone ASAP :lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
USC's plays, formations, etc.?

Not even a factor.
Trust me, Its no secret what Pete's running. Everyone in the Pac 10 already knows whats comin, they just can't stop it.
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Lower then Low, The Scum of the Earth

Quote:
Reports: Randy Shannon to name Kirby Freeman starting QB in tomorrow morning's press conference
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sucks to be Kyle wright

Quote:
USC's plays, formations, etc.?

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<

Quote:
What does Carroll care about Oregon getting a player that wasn't even going to crack the 2-deep at USC?

Why would he want him somewhere where he could be a problem 2 years from now? If a freshman at Oregon wanted to transfer wouId you rather see him at Cal or somewhere across the country? You are right, Jamere was no better than the 5th or 6th WR option at SC this season (if healthy) and he was going no place but down on the depth chart when Shoemate and Butler get here next year and RoJo and Carswell have another year in the system. However that doesn't mean that he isn't a talented player who could make an impact for Oregon or a lot of other teams out there.

Even with that said though I think more than anything its a case of not wanting to give Holland what he wants since he tried to convince other guys to transfer.

Pete Carroll, "subliminally" hinted at "other" programs trying to snatch other players from his camp. I will try to find the article. I found it fishy that both Moody and Holland are headed to Florida. Holland was obvious and trying to get one of his best friends on SC (Wright) to transfer with him. Basically the reason why he got kicked off the team and Pete won't give him his release.

Quote:
Carroll dismisses 2006 recruit Holland

Receiver Jamere Holland is dismissed by Coach Pete Carroll. Tailback Emmanuel Moody, who said last week he would transfer, will visit North Carolina, Florida, Texas and Oklahoma State.
By Gary Klein
August 21, 2007
USC became the destination of choice for many top recruits during the last five years, but it recently has turned into a high-profile point of departure.

Running back Emmanuel Moody and receiver Jamere Holland, both members of the touted recruiting class of 2006, are no longer on the team.

Moody, the Trojans' second-leading rusher last season, decided last week to transfer in search of a more featured role. He said Monday that he would first visit North Carolina, then Florida, Texas and Oklahoma State. According to Moody and others, Holland also was considering transferring before Coach Pete Carroll dismissed him from the team on Sunday night.

Moody, who was on campus Monday, said of Holland: "He heard I transferred, and he came up to me and was like, 'I'm thinking about transferring.' I was surprised. I thought he was happy.

"He couldn't tell me why. I think it was something deep he couldn't really tell me."

Holland, who played at Woodland Hills Taft High, could not be reached for comment.

Carroll has not said why Holland was released. The coach said late Sunday night that Holland, who also competed for the track team last spring, was not dismissed because of a violation of team rules and that he would remain on scholarship.

"He didn't disagree, really he understood," Carroll said after practice Monday. "I'm not sure what he's going to do right now, but I know he's looking to find another place to go to school. We'll try to help him through that process."

Teammates and others close to the program said Holland had trouble grasping the commitment necessary to participate in a program as demanding as USC's.

Holland, the California state 100- and 200-meter champion in 2005, broke his collarbone during training camp last year and redshirted. Several times during the 2006 season, former receivers coach Lane Kiffin counseled Holland on the field after practice about punctuality and commitment to workouts and rehabilitation.

"I talked to him before, but he's going to do what he wants to do," junior receiver Patrick Turner said. "All I could do is tell him what I know and what was best. After that, you either have to run with it or do what you want to do."

Holland reinjured his collarbone during spring practice and was sidelined again last week after he suffered a concussion.

Teammates indicated that Holland seemed distracted from the start of camp.

"You could tell he just wasn't himself," sophomore receiver Vidal Hazelton said.

Carroll said attrition was a natural byproduct of any organization.

"What our guys undertake in this program is most challenging and most difficult," he said Monday morning. "It's an extremely competitive school environment and for sure it is on the football field. The expectations and standards we live by and such is not for everybody. We understand that."

Later, Carroll said representatives of other schools were contacting his players in "subtle and just kind of secondary fashion." Carroll added, "In a competitive sense, I understand why guys would eyeball our roster and look for guys here and there. We have a terrific football team, but the other side of it is it's illegal."

Troy Starr, Holland's high school coach at Taft, said he spoke to the receiver after his dismissal by Carroll.

Starr, now the director of football operations at Florida, said Holland lived in his home during high school, that he was very close to Holland's family and that he has remained in contact with the player and had encouraged him to remain at USC.

Asked if Holland was considering transferring to Florida, Starr said, "I think there are numerous schools he's going to look at."

Quarterbacks Michael McDonald and Aaron Corp shared first-team snaps to give John David Booty a day of rest, Carroll said. . . . Wednesday's scrimmage at the Coliseum is open to the public and admission is free. Kickoff is at 7:15 p.m.

Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
LET THE RIOT BE THE RHYME OF THE UNHEARD!​

Back
Top Bottom