Real Talk... What was the last good Major Released "Urban" film? Vol.No More Classics

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! ^ The Wood IS a classic where I'm from...

... I'm from North Carolina. DF!!!
That part had me like damn do we sound like that when I was younger.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! ^ The Wood IS a classic where I'm from...

... I'm from North Carolina. DF!!!
That part had me like damn do we sound like that when I was younger.
laugh.gif

Spike Lee needs to come out of retirement and give some more classics like:
crooklyn1.jpg

I also forgot about this movie 

Miracle-st-anna_l.jpg

Spike Lee needs to come out of retirement and give some more classics like:
crooklyn1.jpg

I also forgot about this movie 

Miracle-st-anna_l.jpg

Took Crooklyn this long to get mentioned
30t6p3b.gif
no Cooley High ? Do the right thing ? Im only 19 im disappointed in you guys
laugh.gif

Took Crooklyn this long to get mentioned
30t6p3b.gif
no Cooley High ? Do the right thing ? Im only 19 im disappointed in you guys
laugh.gif

I wanna make history based films, these are a couple loose ideas I've been working on in college:

Jimi- We all know Jimi is the illest guitar player ever, not only that, his artistic career is symbolic of the labor exploitation and hypocrisy of the entertainment business, and blacks never being fairly compensated for their intellectual property. Jimi defined the 60s, opened peoples minds, and pioneered a genre.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité: The French Revolution tenants that would inspire Toussaint L'Ouverture to lead the only successful slave rebellion against colonial oppression. This film would put the perspective of a black republic at the forefront of our conscious, bringing international politics into play, by questioning the modern situation. Other histories would also serve as a backdrop such as the impact of the French Revolution on intellectualism, United States slavery, and historic nationalism.  
Theres a reason why hollywood produces the same dumbed down material, because it's not in their interests to usher in an era of real artists and film makers that want to provide the rest of the human narrative from a real point of view (word to Tom Cruise Last Samurai)

Their ignorance blocks our economic progress and cultural creativity everyday yo....independent productions are cool but holla at me Spike! 

Originally Posted by DeNs415

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I'm writing a script right now that is a modern day 'taxi Driver" in a sense, its based around a black character. Basically the story is based around a character that comes back from the Iraq War mentally disturbed and he is unable to tell the differences between the "hood" he lives in and the "neighborhood thugs" verses "terrorist". He begins systematically killing gang members in his neighborhood and he starts a huge gang war. Lot more to it , I'm going to dive very deeply into the psychology of violence and our societies hypocritical stance on when it is alright to kill. That's all I'm giving away, I got you guys though, there is a new generation taking over the reigns of hollywood, just be patient, the quality of film making the last view years has been disgusting.

Nice, kinda Sounds like Harry Brown with Michael Caine.

Originally Posted by DeNs415

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I'm writing a script right now that is a modern day 'taxi Driver" in a sense, its based around a black character. Basically the story is based around a character that comes back from the Iraq War mentally disturbed and he is unable to tell the differences between the "hood" he lives in and the "neighborhood thugs" verses "terrorist". He begins systematically killing gang members in his neighborhood and he starts a huge gang war. Lot more to it , I'm going to dive very deeply into the psychology of violence and our societies hypocritical stance on when it is alright to kill. That's all I'm giving away, I got you guys though, there is a new generation taking over the reigns of hollywood, just be patient, the quality of film making the last view years has been disgusting.

Nice, kinda Sounds like Harry Brown with Michael Caine.

I wanna make history based films, these are a couple loose ideas I've been working on in college:

Jimi- We all know Jimi is the illest guitar player ever, not only that, his artistic career is symbolic of the labor exploitation and hypocrisy of the entertainment business, and blacks never being fairly compensated for their intellectual property. Jimi defined the 60s, opened peoples minds, and pioneered a genre.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité: The French Revolution tenants that would inspire Toussaint L'Ouverture to lead the only successful slave rebellion against colonial oppression. This film would put the perspective of a black republic at the forefront of our conscious, bringing international politics into play, by questioning the modern situation. Other histories would also serve as a backdrop such as the impact of the French Revolution on intellectualism, United States slavery, and historic nationalism.  
Theres a reason why hollywood produces the same dumbed down material, because it's not in their interests to usher in an era of real artists and film makers that want to provide the rest of the human narrative from a real point of view (word to Tom Cruise Last Samurai)

Their ignorance blocks our economic progress and cultural creativity everyday yo....independent productions are cool but holla at me Spike! 

To be Honest even though The Wire was a tv show, I think it filled the void for a few years. And honestly Tyler Perry flicks are for super religious southern black mothers I swear lol. I've never seen one of his movies and never plan on seeing one, but I`m not going to take anything away from the man, but he does nothing that interests me.

I honestly thing Film companies just flat out don't wanna fund these projects anymore. Can't make an Urban Crime Drama in 3d smh

To be Honest even though The Wire was a tv show, I think it filled the void for a few years. And honestly Tyler Perry flicks are for super religious southern black mothers I swear lol. I've never seen one of his movies and never plan on seeing one, but I`m not going to take anything away from the man, but he does nothing that interests me.

I honestly thing Film companies just flat out don't wanna fund these projects anymore. Can't make an Urban Crime Drama in 3d smh

Back
Top Bottom