Real Talk... What was the last good Major Released "Urban" film? Vol.No More Classics

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

What you young punks know about ''Action Jackson'' though?
laugh.gif

...I wouldn't be mad if Hollywood remade that.

Watchu know about seein' ''Meteor Man'' the day it came out in the theater too?
laugh.gif

Golden lords!!!!!

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

What you young punks know about ''Action Jackson'' though?
laugh.gif

...I wouldn't be mad if Hollywood remade that.

Watchu know about seein' ''Meteor Man'' the day it came out in the theater too?
laugh.gif

Golden lords!!!!!

soul food though.

but yea, black/urban movies are definitely apprciated. I've realized that there's a lack in urban classics, so i've been proactive in getting my fix by going to see black plays. I go to ALL the black plays. it be lowkey entertaining as hell lol.

soul food though.

but yea, black/urban movies are definitely apprciated. I've realized that there's a lack in urban classics, so i've been proactive in getting my fix by going to see black plays. I go to ALL the black plays. it be lowkey entertaining as hell lol.

Originally Posted by Freeze

soul food though.

lol Soulfood is from 96 though. I swear like after 02/03 they just stopped making movies that could be potential classics. ATL is arguably the last one and still that movie is debatable. I feel it could have been a tad more grittier

Originally Posted by Freeze

soul food though.

lol Soulfood is from 96 though. I swear like after 02/03 they just stopped making movies that could be potential classics. ATL is arguably the last one and still that movie is debatable. I feel it could have been a tad more grittier

B Smooth 202 wrote:
Jimi- We all know Jimi is the illest guitar player ever, not only that, his artistic career is symbolic of the labor exploitation and hypocrisy of the entertainment business, and blacks never being fairly compensated for their intellectual property. Jimi defined the 60s, opened peoples minds, and pioneered a genre.

I'd be very interested in this movie if you produced said movie............with that being said................................."can a brotha get a hook-up on them movie tickets playa?!?!"
laugh.gif

B Smooth 202 wrote:
Jimi- We all know Jimi is the illest guitar player ever, not only that, his artistic career is symbolic of the labor exploitation and hypocrisy of the entertainment business, and blacks never being fairly compensated for their intellectual property. Jimi defined the 60s, opened peoples minds, and pioneered a genre.

I'd be very interested in this movie if you produced said movie............with that being said................................."can a brotha get a hook-up on them movie tickets playa?!?!"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I wanna make history based films, these are a couple loose ideas I've been working on in college:

Hit me up if you ever decide to write it and need a little help slash someone to critique.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I wanna make history based films, these are a couple loose ideas I've been working on in college:

Hit me up if you ever decide to write it and need a little help slash someone to critique.

Anthony Mackie is legit on screen. See She Hate Me by Spike Lee. Also Derek Luke is on point but he lost some of his steam.

Anthony Mackie is legit on screen. See She Hate Me by Spike Lee. Also Derek Luke is on point but he lost some of his steam.

surprised I didn't see this mentioned, I hope I just skipped a response
Higher_Learning.jpg

I dislike a lot of current hood movies but I dug this one after a night of boozin' and nothing being on TV
Homie%20box%20art.JPG

surprised I didn't see this mentioned, I hope I just skipped a response
Higher_Learning.jpg

I dislike a lot of current hood movies but I dug this one after a night of boozin' and nothing being on TV
Homie%20box%20art.JPG

Back
Top Bottom