Real Talk... What was the last good Major Released "Urban" film? Vol.No More Classics

Like Honestly for example, I know people might try to bring up The Other Friday Movies, but honestly those SUCKED in comparison to the first flick. Next Friday is acceptable but Friday after Next was Butt juice.

one Classic folks forgot about is
t07574jui5l.jpg

but it wasnt a Major release so it doesnt count.

I mean I guess the general public doesnt care for these type of movies any more or something idk.

Like Honestly for example, I know people might try to bring up The Other Friday Movies, but honestly those SUCKED in comparison to the first flick. Next Friday is acceptable but Friday after Next was Butt juice.

one Classic folks forgot about is
t07574jui5l.jpg

but it wasnt a Major release so it doesnt count.

I mean I guess the general public doesnt care for these type of movies any more or something idk.

I watch the beginning of 3 Strikes every time it's on for Nate and Snoop
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
That was a real good comedy flick but that too was early 2000s.

I don't even know if this thread wasn't made if I would've had realized I been lacking some strong urban flicks with a message. I knew movies with a centered on the urban community was in a sorry state but we've been devoid of quality joints for a while now.

I watch the beginning of 3 Strikes every time it's on for Nate and Snoop
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
That was a real good comedy flick but that too was early 2000s.

I don't even know if this thread wasn't made if I would've had realized I been lacking some strong urban flicks with a message. I knew movies with a centered on the urban community was in a sorry state but we've been devoid of quality joints for a while now.

I'm not speaking about myself, but from what I've seen most people will immediately dismiss any movie with a black cast. Not because they're racist, but because they think it's directed by Tyler Perry or is similar to his bull @#$% movies

Even if another "classic" gets made it's gonna get overlooked. "Urban" movies used to be good cause they had some sort of message...Even Friday was a complete satire on hood life.

I'm not speaking about myself, but from what I've seen most people will immediately dismiss any movie with a black cast. Not because they're racist, but because they think it's directed by Tyler Perry or is similar to his bull @#$% movies

Even if another "classic" gets made it's gonna get overlooked. "Urban" movies used to be good cause they had some sort of message...Even Friday was a complete satire on hood life.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

I remember my old boss, and older white male that takes trips to France annually, told me he LOVED "The Wire"
my jaw dropped 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

I remember my old boss, and older white male that takes trips to France annually, told me he LOVED "The Wire"
my jaw dropped 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom