Real Talk... What was the last good Major Released "Urban" film? Vol.No More Classics

I don't care what anyone says, I liked this movie.

drumline-nick-cannon-orlando-jones-full-screen-dvd-168a7.jpg

I need some new black movies, like
Menace II Society

Poetic Justice

Boyz n the hood

not just comedies and coming of age stories, black dramas

I need some new black movies, like
Menace II Society

Poetic Justice

Boyz n the hood

not just comedies and coming of age stories, black dramas

the problem is no "Urban" movies tackle real issues anymore like in the golden era when films like Menace II society was out
I may be wrong, but most of the mainstream black films coming out are about love or some jig ignorant comedy

the problem is no "Urban" movies tackle real issues anymore like in the golden era when films like Menace II society was out
I may be wrong, but most of the mainstream black films coming out are about love or some jig ignorant comedy

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

I think the next hood movie should be set in the South or Chicago though...
Man A movie about a group of Students at an HBCU, that doesnt involve dancing and chris brown would be EPIC! , Drumline was good but it only focused on Band. A New Age School Daze would be classic.

or

If they made a movie about Atlanta in 1996 when they tore down all the projects, that would be a classic too.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

I think the next hood movie should be set in the South or Chicago though...
Man A movie about a group of Students at an HBCU, that doesnt involve dancing and chris brown would be EPIC! , Drumline was good but it only focused on Band. A New Age School Daze would be classic.

or

If they made a movie about Atlanta in 1996 when they tore down all the projects, that would be a classic too.

To be fair Hollywood has changed...They just don't make as many movies in general.  It's all bout big production movies now, they would rather spend 60-80 million making a flick and hope to make 200 hundred than make 4 movies form 30 million and hope one catches on big.  Cause of that a lot of niche market's like these urban movies have kind of died out.

To be fair Hollywood has changed...They just don't make as many movies in general.  It's all bout big production movies now, they would rather spend 60-80 million making a flick and hope to make 200 hundred than make 4 movies form 30 million and hope one catches on big.  Cause of that a lot of niche market's like these urban movies have kind of died out.

I'm writing a script right now that is a modern day 'taxi Driver" in a sense, its based around a black character. Basically the story is based around a character that comes back from the Iraq War mentally disturbed and he is unable to tell the differences between the "hood" he lives in and the "neighborhood thugs" verses "terrorist". He begins systematically killing gang members in his neighborhood and he starts a huge gang war. Lot more to it , I'm going to dive very deeply into the psychology of violence and our societies hypocritical stance on when it is alright to kill. That's all I'm giving away, I got you guys though, there is a new generation taking over the reigns of hollywood, just be patient, the quality of film making the last view years has been disgusting.

I'm writing a script right now that is a modern day 'taxi Driver" in a sense, its based around a black character. Basically the story is based around a character that comes back from the Iraq War mentally disturbed and he is unable to tell the differences between the "hood" he lives in and the "neighborhood thugs" verses "terrorist". He begins systematically killing gang members in his neighborhood and he starts a huge gang war. Lot more to it , I'm going to dive very deeply into the psychology of violence and our societies hypocritical stance on when it is alright to kill. That's all I'm giving away, I got you guys though, there is a new generation taking over the reigns of hollywood, just be patient, the quality of film making the last view years has been disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom