Real Talk... What was the last good Major Released "Urban" film? Vol.No More Classics

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

I think the next hood movie should be set in the South or Chicago though...
Man A movie about a group of Students at an HBCU, that doesnt involve dancing and chris brown would be EPIC! , Drumline was good but it only focused on Band. A New Age School Daze would be classic.

or

If they made a movie about Atlanta in 1996 when they tore down all the projects, that would be a classic too.
they have to find really good actors if it's gonna be set in the south, not just rappers, some movies where they try to do
a black southern accent is just 
sick.gif
.  I think Chicago would be ill though...

Man A movie about a group of Students at an HBCU, that doesnt involve dancing and chris brown would be EPIC! , Drumline was good but it only focused on Band. A New Age School Daze would be classic.

or

If they made a movie about Atlanta in 1996 when they tore down all the projects, that would be a classic too.
they have to find really good actors if it's gonna be set in the south, not just rappers, some movies where they try to do
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

or

sick.gif
Man Jason Weaver and Esquire from ATL would do the movie justice. you dont have to try to flex with a heavy southern accent.

And Killa Season wasnt released in Theaters.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

or

sick.gif
Man Jason Weaver and Esquire from ATL would do the movie justice. you dont have to try to flex with a heavy southern accent.

And Killa Season wasnt released in Theaters.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

black-dynamite.jpg

Damn I totally forgot about this, probably the best most recent movie mentioned in this thread. Can't wait for the animated series
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

black-dynamite.jpg

Damn I totally forgot about this, probably the best most recent movie mentioned in this thread. Can't wait for the animated series
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I'm writing a script right now that is a modern day 'taxi Driver" in a sense, its based around a black character. Basically the story is based around a character that comes back from the Iraq War mentally disturbed and he is unable to tell the differences between the "hood" he lives in and the "neighborhood thugs" verses "terrorist". He begins systematically killing gang members in his neighborhood and he starts a huge gang war. Lot more to it , I'm going to dive very deeply into the psychology of violence and our societies hypocritical stance on when it is alright to kill. That's all I'm giving away, I got you guys though, there is a new generation taking over the reigns of hollywood, just be patient, the quality of film making the last view years has been disgusting.

Nice, kinda Sounds like Harry Brown with Michael Caine.

Black Dynamite wasn't a major release though. Hell, it was barely a limited release.

Black Dynamite wasn't a major release though. Hell, it was barely a limited release.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I'm writing a script right now that is a modern day 'taxi Driver" in a sense, its based around a black character. Basically the story is based around a character that comes back from the Iraq War mentally disturbed and he is unable to tell the differences between the "hood" he lives in and the "neighborhood thugs" verses "terrorist". He begins systematically killing gang members in his neighborhood and he starts a huge gang war. Lot more to it , I'm going to dive very deeply into the psychology of violence and our societies hypocritical stance on when it is alright to kill. That's all I'm giving away, I got you guys though, there is a new generation taking over the reigns of hollywood, just be patient, the quality of film making the last view years has been disgusting.

Nice, kinda Sounds like Harry Brown with Michael Caine.

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

The Great Debaters?

Non-fictional but a great film nonetheless

Great Debaters is good, but after seeing it once, if it came on tv I wouldnt watch it again, if that makes sense. While a Movie like the Malcolm X joint by Spike Lee, I would say had a stronger replay value.

The Great Debaters?

Great Debaters is good, but after seeing it once, if it came on tv I wouldnt watch it again, if that makes sense. While a Movie like the Malcolm X joint by Spike Lee, I would say had a stronger replay value.

It seems like in the 90's Spike Lee started that trend of great black movies, he needs to return back to that. All this Tyler Perry bashing, at least he is trying to bring black cinema back. Who else is doin it that big right now?!? Next person is Ice Cube, and he seems to be due for another classic. hopefully...

The Great Debaters?

the fat kid in the move is my homie

pimp.gif

The Great Debaters?

the fat kid in the move is my homie

pimp.gif

It seems like in the 90's Spike Lee started that trend of great black movies, he needs to return back to that. All this Tyler Perry bashing, at least he is trying to bring black cinema back. Who else is doin it that big right now?!? Next person is Ice Cube, and he seems to be due for another classic. hopefully...

I picked Chicago because our generation's hood movies have never portrayed the evil that comes out of your heart in the dead of winter...

...walk around the Chi in January gettin' hit in the face with ice and see if you don't wanna randomly start shooting
laugh.gif
- combine that with a pervasive gang culture that rules the city (and the ties/rivalries with the old Chicago mob), and you'll have one entertainin' #%% gangsta flick.

And WISEPHAROAH:

For your future financial gain, don't post up another brilliant idea like that...

...unless you've already secured your intellectual property on the legal end, you're just begging for a copyright suit against an NT lurker that snatched down everything you typed.

I picked Chicago because our generation's hood movies have never portrayed the evil that comes out of your heart in the dead of winter...

...walk around the Chi in January gettin' hit in the face with ice and see if you don't wanna randomly start shooting
laugh.gif
- combine that with a pervasive gang culture that rules the city (and the ties/rivalries with the old Chicago mob), and you'll have one entertainin' #%% gangsta flick.

And WISEPHAROAH:

For your future financial gain, don't post up another brilliant idea like that...

...unless you've already secured your intellectual property on the legal end, you're just begging for a copyright suit against an NT lurker that snatched down everything you typed.

Back
Top Bottom