"Redpill" Content & The Affect On Kids

Interesting to se there is now a subreddit for exiting the red pill. Although Reddit played a huge part in radicalizing these dudes too.

Some of the stories here are bonkers. But you can see step by step testimonials of how these dudes were drawn in, and how it’s ruining their lives overall. They wasting money, getting finessed, getting lonelier, angrier and more isolated…and getting no yambs. Like you said, there comes a time where there will be a social cost for this type of f-erry….and they are trying to find a way out. Especially since “the manosphere” is dying now.

And yeah, Writing it off as “ho-hum” , “boys will be boys” or “overhyped” is really missing the mark. And idk why osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh is eager to do that, like we all don’t know why these boys feel this way, and why the people taking advantage of them…are doing it in a unique way that needs to be addressed. And there has to be some accountability. Plus, nobody was even talking about “censorship”. Idk how that talking point even comes up.

my argument is more nuanced than than "boys will be boys"
my point is people need to be clear eyed about the appeal of this content.

it AUTHETICALLY appealing, it's not manufactured by evil social media companies, or right wing billionaires.
it spreads on social media because the content is VERY engaging and generates TONS of clicks. because there is a big audience of people who love to watch and hate watch this content.

and it just sounds like a giant cope when people spin stories about evil right wing billionaires or uniquely toxic male influences corrupting the youth...imo none of that is new.

Young men have ALWAYS enjoyed misogynistic male power fantasy content.
I think the main difference today, is a larger portion of men aren't out growing that content.

and they aren't growing out of that content because there have been very big and very real changes in our social order that disproportionally impact men.
and men, especially less successful lower status males are naturally going to be drawn to reactionary media content.

That is the problem that needs to be addressed, if people want reduce the appeal of this content.
imo the other stuff is just not that important.

I don't think we can censored our way out of this problem. But this nonsense has to challenged and can't just be written off as boys being boys. Something the will surely grow out of.

But I think it is complaining about this content exist is fair.

I think having an issue with how algorithms push this stuff out there is fair

And I think just dismissing this stuff as harmless is dumb

Like so what similar contented existed in the past. It was bad then, why would it be okay now? Furthermore, I think past content has stuck generations of older men with some some stupid, sexist, and counter productive views. I would think people would want better for future generations. These bitter older men become marks for new scammers and charlatans.

And I think men people confuse boys growing out of these views with boys learning that there is a social, and often financial cost to openly voicing it.

I said and sexist and homophobic when I was 13. Not to the degree in the video, but still sexist and homophobic. I grew out of these views because of teachers checking them, family, real world experiences, furthering my education, etc. I was not highly online, besides lurking on NT, in my late teens and early 20s. I think that allowed the more positive influences in.

My concern for Gen Z and Gen Alpha is that they are very much more online, and with other societal shifts, less boys gonna grow out of this nonsense. It will be harder to disabuse more of them of this ****. I think a majority will but there will be more angry, ignorant young men around. That can't happen handle having to pay the social cost for repeating this type of bull****. And there will be another scammer there telling them about how right they are, and how they are actually the real victims in all this.

I think that raises the probability of bad outcomes for a society and especially women. Even worse, like we see with white supremacy, or libertarian economics, fringe silly ideas have a way of being sanitized and made mainstream.

So again, censorship probably isn't the answer. But this **** needs to be called out and challenged.

i agree with most of this.

it's just think the harmful part is young men not growing out of this content.
and imo they aren't growing out of it because of deeper more systemic issues, not necessarily the content itself.

my argument is more nuanced than than "boys will be boys"
my point is people need to be clear eyed about the appeal of this content.

it AUTHETICALLY appealing, it's not manufactured by evil social media companies, or right wing billionaires.
it spreads on social media because the content is VERY engaging and generates TONS of clicks. because there is a big audience of people who love to watch and hate watch this content.

and it just sounds like a giant cope when people spin stories about evil right wing billionaires or uniquely toxic male influences corrupting the youth...imo none of that is new.

Young men have ALWAYS enjoyed misogynistic male power fantasy content.
I think the main difference today, is a larger portion of men aren't out growing that content.

and they aren't growing out of that content because there have been very big and very real changes in our social order that disproportionally impact men.
and men, especially less successful lower status males are naturally going to be drawn to reactionary media content.

That is the problem that needs to be addressed, if people want reduce the appeal of this content.
imo the other stuff is just not that important.

Everything you said, has been spoken about and acknowledged plenty.

I just don’t see the need in minimizing a new and unique vehicle, to spread it on a mass level. And call those responsible for it out. It’s not “overhyped” what’s happening or who’s pulling the strings.

That does not mean we can’t acknowledge everything else under the sun, that makes this a fertile ground to exploit.

Pretty sure it's scientifically proven that the musical element makes learning, retention and engagement MORE effective than it otherwise would be. It's why the ABCs are in song form, all these children's shows are sing alongs.
Music artists can be just as influential, otherwise they wouldn’t be marketed so much outside of the music.
To me, artists like Cardi, City Girls, Latto etc are just as damaging to young women. Yet somehow they are championed and promoted across the mainstream.

Everything you said, has been spoken about and acknowledged plenty.

I just don’t see the need in minimizing a new and unique vehicle, to spread it on a mass level. And call those responsible for it out. It’s not “overhyped” what’s happening or who’s pulling the strings.

That does not mean we can’t acknowledge everything else under the sun, that makes this a fertile ground to exploit.

I just disagree, the pulling the strings part imo is totally overhyped.
and I think acting like these influencers have some unique influence over the youth is def over hyping it and giving these people too much credit.

and imo the overhyping leads to a culture of censorship, where people don't even bother debating these figures.
instead they go underground where they can fester unchallenged.

Sneako was basically totally de-platformed for like a year and his fanbase is as strong as ever.

now it's a free country you can focus on symptoms if you want, but I think it's fair for me to point out that imo they are symptoms.

i agree with most of this.

it's just think the harmful part is young men not growing out of this content.
and imo they aren't growing out of it because of deeper more systemic issues, not necessarily the content itself.
I agree that systemic issues play a part too.

But I think the fact that this newer cohort of boys is entering adulthood (younger millennials onward) with social media and YouTube being around and being such a bigger part of their lives plays a part too.

Makes the rabbit hole boys have to climb out of a lil bit deeper, and gives grifters more opportunities to keep them hooked

I don't think social media's negative effect is unique to boys (lord knows it is ruining the lives of young girls to Boomers in its own unique way), just a unique factor they have to overcome that previous generations didn't have to when it comes to this stuff.

I agree that systemic issues playing a part too

But I think the fact that this cohort of boys is entering adulthood (younger millennials onward) with social media and YouTube being around and being such a bigger part of their lives plays a part too.

Makes the rabbit hole boys have to climb out of a lil bit deeper, and gives grifters more opportunities to keep them hooked

I don't think social media's negative effect is unique to boys (lord knows it is ruining the lives of young girls to Boomers in its own unique way), just a unique factor they have to overcome that previous generations didn't have to when it comes to this stuff.

oh yah algorithmic social media is a huge part of this.
Highly engaging content can way more efficiently find an audience.

and the audience of disaffected young men is larger than ever.

If I had to guess most if not all the people in this thread are adult millennial and older men of above average intelligence.
prob have decent jobs, girlfriends/wives ect. and are generally higher status.

we can watch a Kevin Samuels video, have a good laugh,
and go back to your girlfriend and good job and not take it too seriously.

but If you don't have those things, and worse, you feel locked out of those things

I can totally understand how that content would hit differently.
and given the nature of the internet and the fact that social media optimizes for the most engaging content.

it's basically inevitable this type of content will reach an audience.
no conspiracy of right wing billionaires required.

I just disagree, the pulling the strings part imo is totally overhyped.
and I think acting like these influencers have some unique influence over the youth is def over hyping it and giving these people too much credit.

and imo the overhyping leads to a culture of censorship, where people don't even bother debating these figures.
instead they go underground where they can fester unchallenged.

Sneako was basically totally de-platformed for like a year and his fanbase is as strong as ever.

now it's a free country you can focus on symptoms if you want, but I think it's fair for me to point out that imo they are symptoms.

Sneako got deplatformed, then immediately got a multimillion dollar deal with Rumble, where he’s kicked it up even more of a notch. They also have like the largest gaining stock this past year. Crazy financial backing, and have not failed.

And wilding much more than ever. During this time he was deplatformed, he was getting boosted by Trump, Kanye, Tate, Fuentes, Destiny, No Jumper, Fresh n Fit that entire host of terrible ppl on the internet etc.

I don’t see the point in discounting these tools, or calling it a conspiracy. It’s literally right there :lol:. And these kids are literally telling you, what drew them in.

Not only that, but there really is a DIRECT connection with gamer gate and the new atheists movement. And those ppl from there. To me, I just don’t understand why you want to discount these things. Especially considering this thread, the climate and the platforms.

Like, both of these things can hold place at the same time…and they go hand in hand. There’s no need to write about disaffected young men, and the “social climate” they grew up into and counter culture/teen boys/edginess etc….and then ho-hum the MONEY and infrastructure that is driving.

Especially the money. Which alot of these kids ASPIRE to be. Tate, Sneako, Fresh n Fit etc….also show these kids a false idea of who they can be. With flashy things. And tools they can use to get there. Like being dumb like them on the internet and spending an unhealthy amount streaming. The conversation is larger….but you want to reduce it to “overhyping” right wing billionaires as a conspiracy. I don’t get it man :lol:

This is the only time we don’t want to look at the money and infrastructure behind a fairly new tool/infrastructure. But hey, you see it differently.

Sneako got deplatformed, then immediately got a multimillion dollar deal with Rumble, where he’s kicked it up even more of a notch. They also have like the largest gaining stock this past year. Crazy financial backing, and have not failed.

And wilding much more than ever. During this time he was deplatformed, he was getting boosted by Trump, Kanye, Tate, Fuentes, Destiny, No Jumper, Fresh n Fit that entire host of terrible ppl on the internet etc.

I don’t see the point in discounting these tools, or calling it a conspiracy. It’s literally right there :lol:. And these kids are literally telling you, what drew them in.

Not only that, but there really is a DIRECT connection with gamer gate and the new atheists movement. And those ppl from there. To me, I just don’t understand why you want to discount these things. Especially considering this thread, the climate and the platforms.

Like, both of these things can hold place at the same time…and they go hand in hand. There’s no need to write about disaffected young men, and the “social climate” they grew up into and counter culture/teen boys/edginess etc….and then ho-hum the MONEY and infrastructure that is driving.

Especially the money. Which alot of these kids ASPIRE to be. Tate, Sneako, Fresh n Fit etc….also show these kids a false idea of who they can be. With flashy things. And tools they can use to get there. Like being dumb like them on the internet and spending an unhealthy amount streaming. The conversation is larger….but you want to reduce it to “overhyping” right wing billionaires as a conspiracy. I don’t get it man :lol:

This is the only time we don’t want to look at the money and infrastructure behind a fairly new tool/infrastructure. But hey, you see it differently.

because you make it seem like rumble,/no jumper/ fresh and fit are creating the demand. when they are simply supplying what people want.
the causation is in the opposite direction.

Sneako has an audience because he's a talented media personality who talks about stuff a sizable chunk of people want to hear about.

unless you plan on deleting the internet, or ending capitalism, I don't see the point on fixating on that part of it. it's just baked in at this point.

but we can agree to disagree.

Being 44, I believe growing up before social media has given me perspective that a lot of todays kids will never have.

That being said, with social media & the internets, its about understanding that its all just information, The problem people/kids are going to have is disseminating the information appropriately. Like for example: The information you can have on a .com vs a .net vs a .org is all completely different. Obviously, there are algorithms on YouTube, etc. So, how does some inexperienced kid decide what’s true vs what’s not? What’s appropriate to consume vs what’s not? There’s a reason why Steve Jobs wouldn't let his own kids have their own iPads lol

The other part is we live in America and therefore, we have an “American Culture”. Within our culture we have the abundance of social media/media. It’s important to understand that within culture there is a certain amount of cultural programming. Like for example, it’s normal in our culture to use our phones, use dating apps, etc. People are conflating subjective experience with objective reality. And the big problem with that is, when you‘ve had an iPad shoved up your a** since you were born to stop you from crying or whatever, its going to be extremely difficult to get those kids to understand that life happens outside of your phone or computer.

The issue with redpill is the absolute grifting. Red pill is just information about women’s behaviors. Thats it. It’s up to the user to decide how to use it. Clearly everyone has been grifting the red pill even when those who grift off it do not even understand it Like Sneako, Pearl, Fraud and Fit, Destiny, etc. Then kids consume the content based on a total grift. Good luck with that mess.

One of the big issues is with money. All these things involve making money. The biggest money issue imo is gearing everything towards women. Women are by far the biggest spenders and the biggest owners of debt. Follow the money baby. There’s a reason why everything is being targeted toward women. All anyone has to do is look up the Morgan Stanley article from 2019 titled the Rise of The Sheconomy. It essentially predicts the economic targeting of women 45%( age 25-44) because they’ll make up the largest share of single women in history. Again, follow the money baby…

Like I said, it’s all one big racketeering scheme.

These people have realized that they can make money off these naive folks

AKA capitalism. Its not a conspiracy, its just the entertainment business.

Facts. But it’s a political project as well. The people funding it, care more about leaning this generation to fascist tendencies, than they do about blowing or making money.

That’s another part that is unique about THIS movement. Former military generals with experience in PSYOPS (Flynn), are involved. As well as the former president and his campaign. It is indeed unique. And we should acknowledge all this.

Now, the discussion of teen boys/young men. What else can we gleam, that we don’t already know? I’m curious?

Facts. But it’s a political project as well. The people funding it, care more about leaning this generation to fascist tendencies, than they do about blowing or making money.

That’s another part that is unique about THIS movement. Former military generals with experience in PSYOPS (Flynn), are involved. As well as the former president and his campaign. It is indeed unique. And we should acknowledge all this.

Now, the discussion of teen boys/young men. What else can we gleam, that we don’t already know? I’m curious?
Bruh I was just looking at stuff about wild CIA operations and have been trying so hard NOT to go here, but here we are. :lol: With that being said, what if its not that but another organization making it look like that?

Bruh I was just looking at stuff about wild CIA operations and have been trying so hard NOT to go here, but here we are. :lol: With that being said, what if its not that but another organization making it look like that?

It’s a lot more simple. And it is that. And the players have been talking about it on their own platforms. Daily for years. And we see it happen in real time.

Like, they Steve Bannon and them literally have said it out their own mouths :lol:

IMG_2732.png

And if you notice, ALL OF THESE red pill streamers instantly pivot to conservative politics. And have the exact same talking points. On everything. It’s insidious. Clear as day.

“Entryism” it’s the strategy. A generation, raised on streaming/gaming will go there. It’s all right there

Wasn’t there a big name dating coach that got caught cheating on his gf/wife during Covid? Racket indeed :rofl:

Man, alot of these dudes got some wild **** going on.

SNEAKO himself, admitted he’s a C-U.Ck. And let his girl get hit by another man, in front of him 🤦🏾‍♂️ :lol:

Another one of these dudes(Jack Murphy) got caught putting a dildo up his ***. I’m not joking :lol:. AND He was charging white dudes $99 a month, to learn how to be “Alpha”. I posted about it in the politics thread, but he comes from the Claremont Institute (funded by Betsy Devos, former Secretary of EDUCATION.

Wild story below ⬇️

The Clairmont Institue is wild.

F78D869C-7BF3-4C27-AC90-F35B2C5EE49A.jpeg

If yall want another crazy story….Look up Jack Murphy (another Clairmont institute fellow)….who was actually linked to the white supremacist mass shooter who just murdered 5 people in Colorado.

Long story short. But dude was in the alt right manosphere. A Tim Pool regular. And he had something called “the liminal order”…which charged white dudes like $99 a month for man advice and how to be “alpha”.

Anyways, it was found out that dude was an actual ****…and filmed porn of his wife getting smashed by random Tinder dudes. And was talking a dildo up his ***.

Now that entire ecosystem is upset with dude, and kink shaming him. And he copping pleas

:rofl:.

Not only that, the Jack Murphy dude, DEFINTELY inspired a mass shooting in Colorado, where 5 people were murdered. He came from the Claremont Institute. Funded by Billionaire Betsy Devos. Who was the secretary of EDUCATION, in the Trump white house.

And Devos’ brother is an international war criminal. Erik Prince.

IMG_2734.jpeg

Who founded Blackwater. Where as recently as 2020, four dudes who were convicted of murdering Iraqi children, were pardoned by Trump.

IMG_2733.jpeg

So yes. Like everything these days, it is a wild stupid political project. The red pill is the entry point. They want to create a generation of fascists.

But look the other way…

Oh yeah im not questioning the topic because it is valid for sure. Just moreso pointing out the change in standards. For example I remember when I was young people were put off by how much attention Paris Hilton received, like what does this girl do? Now kids who play video games online cause riots, and its somehow perfectly normal and understandable.

I think the pandemic aided this. People were stuck inside and spent more time online.

I'm curious as to how kids even come across that type of content. It's wild.
Spend enough time on the Tube, and it will be suggested to you, regardless of your video history. Too many parents let their kids on the internet without supervision.

Back
Top Bottom