Reebok Answer 1 returning in May 24, 2013. Retail $150

My Adidas Crazy 1's are becoming busted n' losing grip. I might just buy one of these Answers for an extremely cheap price.

damn i wish i knew to go a full size down

even at half a size its too big
Yeah, I went to the store to try em on. 9.5 was too big and felt big, but these 9's I have to keep kicking back my heel because my toe is right at the tip. I feel the toe box every time. Sucks and I wish I would have gotten a 9.5 but next time or if I can get them for cheap again I will get a 9.5

I want a 10.5 in both the black/gold color as well as in the black/red colorway for cheap. That seems to be the size most elusive with my luck lol. 11 and 10 are in abundance.

damn i wish i knew to go a full size down

even at half a size its too big
Yikes mctykes...

Just ordered a 10.5 from Finishline last Sat night (i'm in 11 in j's, 11.5 in lebrongs and kobe's, 12 in Uggs).

Was contemplating a size 10 but didn't want to risk squishing my feet like my toes are giving eachother a group hug.

Or in a small coupe with a troop of thugs. 

(somebody leave poop on the rug? Ehhhh... it was my new pug. Hopefully when i scoop it doesn't smudge). 

:frown:

Last edited:

The Answer is a perfect example of a great 90's quality, there is no Nike or JB model that can brag with the same thick full grain leather, it just like it was back than and to get it for $40-$60 it is a steal.
Just got my pair in from Finishline.

Yes, down half a size was the way to go.

And once your feet slip in... "aaahhhhhhhh". It's like a pure ecstasy... without taking xtasy.

The leather, the 3M radiance, cushioning (some people mentioned the lack of DMX... but i couldn't pranktell if there is/isn't - it's like 

walking on Dolly Parton's meat curtains while on full bulbous arousal mode) is exactly what a quality retro entails (Reebok hasn't lost a step; the Shaqnosis, Shaquille Attaqs, Kamikaze 1, Twilight Zone Rump Pumps = Aye Papi Status). 

They look cool as a silhouette in itself... but on feet; it'll make you bust prematurely.

"AHhhh ahhh uggghhh uhho oohhh oughh...

BYAH!!!!"

Last edited:
Yea definitely got to get my hands on a pair. Maybe even both the Blk/Gold and the Blk/Red hopefully.

Just got my pair in from Finishline.

Yes, down half a size was the way to go.

And once your feet slip in... "aaahhhhhhhh". It's like a pure ecstasy... without taking xtasy.

The leather, the 3M radiance, cushioning (some people mentioned the lack of DMX... but i couldn't pranktell if there is/isn't - it's like 
walking on Dolly Parton's meat curtains while on full bulbous arousal mode) is exactly what a quality retro entails (Reebok hasn't lost a step; the Shaqnosis, Shaquille Attaqs, Kamikaze 1, Twilight Zone Rump Pumps = Aye Papi Status). 

They look cool as a silhouette in itself... but on feet; it'll make you bust prematurely.

"AHhhh ahhh uggghhh uhho oohhh oughh...

BYAH!!!!"

Lol you're killing us overe here Guiseppe. I scored the Black/Red-Gum pair for $70 CDN shipped. Wanted the Black/White pair but waited too long.

Probably not glued well outsole/DMX chambers, and a small leak of air...I hope I am not right. 

The old baby powder trick that silenced squeaky Jordan X retros in '05 may work.

If it's the upper then that's a different beast - I've had some issues with plastic Flywire on the Lebron VII & Lebron VIII squeaking, no workaround for that.

The squeaking is caused by the uppers. It's where the tongue meets on the insides of the "lace flaps" which are also patent leather. Reebok was supposed to line the inner "flap" portions with synthetic suede so it would not stick/squeak when moving.

A good solution would be to buy some gaffer tape and apply it to those inner lace flaps. The tape comes in multiple colors so red or black shouldn't be hard to find.

The squeaking is caused by the uppers. It's where the tongue meets on the insides of the "lace flaps" which are also patent leather. Reebok was supposed to line the inner "flap" portions with synthetic suede so it would not stick/squeak when moving.

A good solution would be to buy some gaffer tape and apply it to those inner lace flaps. The tape comes in multiple colors so red or black shouldn't be hard to find.

My man TURBO, thanks for detailed response - hopefully Rusty ventures into this thread and lets us know if your suggestion works.

I'm going to look at my 'Bron VIIs and VIII V2s and see if the gaffer tape can help there as well.

My man TURBO, thanks for detailed response - hopefully Rusty ventures into this thread and lets us know if your suggestion works.

I'm going to look at my 'Bron VIIs and VIII V2s and see if the gaffer tape can help there as well.
No problem, happy to help. I have a wide feet so my pair doesn't make much (if any) noise but my brother who has narrowed/normal wide feet?.....squeaky toy status!

Reebok either couldn't find red synthetic suede material to line the inner flaps....or they didn't want to use black suede because of the color "bleeding" that used to happen on the OG Navy blue pairs back in the day.

No problem, happy to help. I have a wide feet so my pair doesn't make much (if any) noise but my brother who has narrowed/normal wide feet?.....squeaky toy status!

Reebok either couldn't find red synthetic suede material to line the inner flaps....or they didn't want to use black suede because of the color "bleeding" that used to happen on the OG Navy blue pairs back in the day.

I would venture that cost might've played a factor in this too. Reebok quality is there, but at the same not quite there, i.e. they do some things right but skip on others.

A good solution would be to buy some gaffer tape and apply it to those inner lace flaps. The tape comes in multiple colors so red or black shouldn't be hard t
Repped. It worked. I love you. 

Really like the quality on these. Most recent purchase was the black/reds. Got a pair for my dad too since he complimented me on them, and now he wears them once every few days. He hasn't worn sneakers for like a decade and a half. If you see a 60 year old man in Toronto with the black/red Answers, that's my dad.

Really like the quality on these. Most recent purchase was the black/reds. Got a pair for my dad too since he complimented me on them, and now he wears them once every few days. He hasn't worn sneakers for like a decade and a half. If you see a 60 year old man in Toronto with the black/red Answers, that's my dad.

Leather on the Black/Red pair is a tad firmer than on the Black/White pair which had some butter soft leather. Don't get me wrong it's still leagues ahead of the plastic/cardboard they run on NSW product.

Back
Top Bottom