Reebok Answer 1 returning in May 24, 2013. Retail $150

Yeah thats due to the very thick polyurethane insole and somewhat softer EVA on the midsole. But the leather is top grade level. 

Anybody selling size 13 og Iverson's from the questions to the answer 6's??(no retros)

^Are those the OG's?

then they dont have dmx

Lol, thats why I asked him, DMX is none existing on that pair. 

Oh word? I always though they had then in there. It still feels good on foot

Yeah thats due to the very thick polyurethane insole and somewhat softer EVA on the midsole. But the leather is top grade level. 

Hey guys! All DMX product that has visiable units or exposed parts (6,10) has a functioninal DMX bladder! Including all retro products including the Answer 1 retro from 2013 and the DMX run 10!

Back in the day to absorb impact and to slowdown the force applied to the moving air unit, they invented something called the "Stem Pack" . It sits underneath the strobble and on top of the EVA! This also caused for that out of box moving air sensation which was a plus for customers trying on product in retail settings. So to enhance the moving air feel and to absorb impact the "Stem Pack" was born! This is used on 100% of all OG product and if you lift up the sock liner on the OG's you will come across the magic that you felt all these years! So DMX is 100% real and is 1 for 1 to the OG and still performs the way it was intended! What you guys were actually feeling is the "Stem Packs" that also uses the flow of ambient air! Again just lift up the sockliner on the OG's and you will see the outline and a slightly raised shape which is the part that I'm referring too!

Boiled and seperated a DMX Icon , Answer 3, and Run 10! This is 1000% true for all models. So the feeling we're chasing has been removed... but the OG DMX feel is somewhat of a hoax... if you removed the "Stem Pack" bladder it would feel exactly like the current retros. The problem has been addressed and hopefully a resolution is in the near future.

Last edited:
OG Stem Pack

View media item 2443877

Parts with exposed "Stem Pack"

View media item 2443872
DMX Part Unpainted

View media item 2443873

This is a Reference of a Stem Pack! This particular stem back wasn't used in the OG's like Answer 1, Answer 3, DMX Run 10, or DMX Icon. This particular pack is similar to an actual craw dad or DMX 10 part.

The shape that you guys will find in most OG's sorta of resembles a shank plate and isn't as large or prominent as the one below. This is just a sample of other "Stem Packs" and to give you guys a visible reference of what your actually feeling!

View media item 2443875Another Version

Last edited:
so basically what your saying is there is no dmx?

:lol:

Well! It's DMX! DMX works and as a system that uses ambient air flow to absorb impact, and cushions the foot as the wearer moves! So it's still there and is extremely functional! Just isn't what some of the OG collectors and consumers actually thought it felt like. You were feeling the pack since 97!

Last edited:
so basically what your saying is there is no dmx?

laugh.gif
LOL, for real. Someone had one of the retros dissected and there was nothing but "DMX"Foam, no air, no gas of any kind. 

@J O N E S

Plus I have several OG pairs with DMX and know exactly how it suppose to feel VS the retro feel. 

Last edited:
LOL, for real. Someone had one of the retros dissected and there was nothing but "DMX"Foam, no air, no gas of any kind. 
@J O N E S

Plus I have several OG pairs with DMX and know exactly how it suppose to feel VS the retro feel. 

DMX Foam... is exactly that. It's just a "Foam" cushioning! DMX Foam was created seperatly of the DMX parts!

I agree with you that it's a difference, but what you referring too is Stem Pack. I promise bro.

Whatever we call it now, Reebok should have implemented the OG tech in the retros, but they didn't. Just like they did with the Hexalite, which has nothing to do with the original one and same with the Graphlite on several key models in the last few years. 

Whatever we call it now, Reebok should have implemented the OG tech in the retros, but they didn't. Just like they did with the Hexalite, which has nothing to do with the original one and same with the Graphlite on several key models in the last few years. 

I agree! Still more of a costing thing but I'm sure Reebok is working on it. You can't sell product at a price point with all the bells and whistles. Consumers wouldn't justify paying $160 -$180 for those kicks. Your the deep discount king.

Of course I am the discount king, when I see that the product is a mere distant image of what it was, I am not paying retail for inferior product, if the quality and tech was the same as 25 years ago, I have no problem buying them on a release day. 

As for the pricing, my argument will always be if Saucony, NB and some other companies can deliver a product with genuine materials and real tech for under $120, I really dont see how the rest of the companies can blame it on the inflation and what not. 

Last edited:
^^^
Trent, you're my dude but we all know you weren't paying full pop for the OGs too! :lol:

Hell, I was a Reebok cat in the 90s simply because my Mum got the previous season's model on disco. :tongue:

To be honest I bought plenty of pairs on a release date between 2012 and 2015, all the Kamikaze colorways, Shaq Attaq (even paid rape on the first one), the Graphlite Pro I ordered all the way from the UK on a release day for a lot more money than if I waited. The Pump Graphlite in 13 and the Omni Lite aged, I bought from Sweden, again over retail in USD and as total for that period, I have over a 100 pairs just Reebok, so even on discount, Reebok owes me some company stock :smile:

As for the old days, I didn't have the money, so always had to wait for the discounts, otherwise my mom was saying hell no to all of my sneaker dreams. 

I hear you bro, we've had this discussion several times over but Adidas waited 10 years too long before retro-ing Reebok's back catalog. The brand is irrelevant to these new-jacks.

I wonder if Reebok rehash any original colors of the Answer 1 this year since they re-released the suede red Question last Friday. I need some of these now to wear with my 2 Iverson jerseys that are 1997-98, the same season he wore these.

Haven’t heard anything but I couldn’t believe it whe. I picked these up the Shoe Palace outlets for like $60 last year IIRC....

B646DD3F-F212-480D-953E-527BC7B0D81E.jpeg

Nice pickup and price.

Yeah I'm relenting trying to get some original colors to go with my jerseys. I've been primarily into Nike & Jordan most of my life. I'm only deviating because it's Iverson. I doubt any other Reebok would interest me.

Back
Top Bottom