Reebok Omni Light (Dee Brown Edition)

Thanks ijapino!

Anyone else think these run really small?

I've tried a .5 size up in the Omni Pumps and they still don't fit correctly. It's like the toebox is especially narrow.

In any case, awesome shoe. Reebok has handled their retros poorly imo but I'm amped to see these release.

Next we need Shaq's first rookie Pumps, then his first sig - Shaq Attaq 1's, then the Shaqnosis.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

In any case, awesome shoe. Reebok has handled their retros poorly imo but I'm amped to see these release.

huh? you sure you're not thinking of nike? reebok has been bringing out faithful retros for years.
i'm still waiting for these in the mail,but the 2001 retro was a great one. the OG pump retro, though limited, was also awesome. same for og colorways of the court victory, close-to-og reverse jam,a few above-the-rim retros... they're all good.

huh? you sure you're not thinking of nike? reebok has been bringing out faithful retros for years.
No, Reebok's accuracy has been great, it's the lack of production and lack of models they've retroed that's poor in comparison toNike.

A few years back - the first Pumps that Dominique wore? They made 1,989 pairs.

Now, the Dee Brown's? 1,991.

That's ridiculous. Yes, shoes like the Questions have been released in really good numbers and the Answers as well but where are the big guns Reebok has? Where's Shaq Attaq 1, where's the Kamikaze, the rest of the Shaq line, their mid-90s line, the Dee Brown ATR Pumps, the early 90s basketball Pumps(Battlegrounds notwithstanding)?

In that respect, Reebok has slacked on bringing back their staples. Though Nike's quality could be quite better, they've retroed a lot of classics forpeople to grab. Don't know what Rbk's waiting for; it's not like their current line is dominating. Or even noticed.

No, Reebok's accuracy has been great, it's the lack of production and lack of models they've retroed that's poor in comparison to Nike.

That's ridiculous. Yes, shoes like the Questions have been released in really good numbers and the Answers as well but where are the big guns Reebok has? Where's Shaq Attaq 1, where's the Kamikaze, the rest of the Shaq line, their mid-90s line, the Dee Brown ATR Pumps, the early 90s basketball Pumps (Battlegrounds notwithstanding)?

In that respect, Reebok has slacked on bringing back their staples. Though Nike's quality could be quite better, they've retroed a lot of classics for people to grab. Don't know what Rbk's waiting for; it's not like their current line is dominating. Or even noticed.

I think this may have to do with Adidas purchasing Reebok a few years back. The new heads are finally starting to take advantage of Reeboks history inbasketball kicks. It always takes time when a new owner comes in and is trying to figure out what to do with the new aquisition after clearing house. I'msure we'll see a lot more 90s era Reeboks in the future.

Dammit i knew i shoulda just bought them this morning. I come back from school and 9 1/2 is gone. Any other sites???? Or info of in-store release date??

No, Reebok's accuracy has been great, it's the lack of production and lack of models they've retroed that's poor in comparison to Nike.

That's ridiculous. Yes, shoes like the Questions have been released in really good numbers and the Answers as well but where are the big guns Reebok has? Where's Shaq Attaq 1, where's the Kamikaze, the rest of the Shaq line, their mid-90s line, the Dee Brown ATR Pumps, the early 90s basketball Pumps (Battlegrounds notwithstanding)?

In that respect, Reebok has slacked on bringing back their staples. Though Nike's quality could be quite better, they've retroed a lot of classics for people to grab. Don't know what Rbk's waiting for; it's not like their current line is dominating. Or even noticed.

oh, in that sense i agree. the demand for those shoes really hasn't been around until recently, though.
like some other people said, the'00/'01 retros of these omnis sat around for a year after release. people just didn't care about pumps, or reebok period.

and yeah, some of it lately might have to do with the adidas ownership. but the popularity of this release just might determine how reebok thinks about retrosfrom this point on. up until a year or so ago i was able to grab OGs off ebay for DIRT cheap. more recently auctions i've been watching have been endingin the hundreds.

we'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by jshortt

This cracks me up. Reebok and the stores that carried these in 2000 couldn't GIVE them away. I got mine from Eastbay for $30 almost a year after they came out. Just goes to show you what time, a boutique collab, and a 'limited edition' tag can do for demand.

Peace,
J

word, what a difference 7 years makes right......i remember eastbay having these and a whole bunch of team colors of da omnilite for 45 bux....this was boutda time john cena was rockin em consistantly...

Look around those are out now! "Pump D-times"

Shaq owns the rights to the Dunkman, no way to retro his line, and would it have the same cache' if no Shaq logo? doubt it...but correct me if I'mwrong...
Mid 90's line is out Reverse Jam, Pro Legacy, Sir Jam, BB5600, Pump Omni, Court Victory, Pump Dual runners, just look for it like you look for some ofthese other brands it's out there.

I'd love to see some of the shoes you mentioned come back too, but tooling is expensive. People think it's so easy just to bring back their favoriteshow from year xx alot of cost is involved in bringing back a model that no longer exists, especially when you don't have Nike $$ to burn...

Originally Posted by nitzski

they are, but not the version with the dee brown logos/sole.

34r6dfn.jpg

ohmxit.jpg

^Holler, those are unbelievable. Easily one of the sickest outsoles ever. I remembered your pics of those when I was thinking of shoes Reebok needs to retro.

I'd be interested in seeing the "retro" that Nit mentioned. Any links to them online?

I already thought of what Reebok would put in place of the dunkman on any Shaq retros - just "Reebok" or a medium-sized Vector logo. Keep everythingelse and I'm buying.

I was at Major in DC, and they just got those in. A photographer was in the store taking pictures of these, when I walked in. Their website iswww.majordc.com, but they only take phone orders.

^Holler, those are unbelievable. Easily one of the sickest outsoles ever. I remembered your pics of those when I was thinking of shoes Reebok needs to retro.

I'd be interested in seeing the "retro" that Nit mentioned. Any links to them online?

I already thought of what Reebok would put in place of the dunkman on any Shaq retros - just "Reebok" or a medium-sized Vector logo. Keep everything else and I'm buying.

I'm sure this has been discussed or even just the #32 like Adidas did with the Crazy 8's, not sure if enough of the public shares My and yoursentiment (about the shoes minus the Dunkman logo)though...

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

they are, but not the version with the dee brown logos/sole.

As I said before, they're out. All you have to do is look
nerd.gif
:

reebok_d_time_blackpurp.jpg

picked a pair of these up recently, they're
pimp.gif
the actual wovencheckerboard material is such a nice detail.

^^saw those on sneakerfiles.com. nice and clean colorway, they'd be sicker with the gumsole, but nice nonetheless.

those retros are straight disgusting! nice to see they do have the OG touches, though! are there any OG colorways coming out..?

Ahhh, those retros are a tease.

If they dropped the white/blue that holler has, 3-4 pairs.

Back
Top Bottom