Relationships vs. Facebook status

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by derventa

Sup NT? Is there a grace period for this *!!$?  This is my first time being in a relationship during the facebook explosion era.
I plan on keeping my hidden for now as it gives off a sense of mystery to the chick. I know, kinda *%*@!! up, but what gives?

Is this something that should be discussed between the two partners, and how long after? 

This chick I just got with is mad humble about our relationship, and I kinda like it. We don't call each other any lovey dovey names or other bullcrap. We don't send goodnight, nor good morning texts. We just do our own @!+, and just text throughout the day a little. I think she's only told her bestfriend so far.
Don't take her relaxed attitude for granted fam... you're gonna lose her if you're not active in your relationship if she doesn't actively feel you in her life. Be careful. You've been warned. You think your girl is different, but I can show you how they're all the same. Be on your toes about this behavior. You may love her but she's gotta know it. I can't tell you how to live your relationship and what will work for you, but you've gotta be in control. Think about it homie.

DO NOT put that on Facebook. Never ever do it. Ever. If you're not married, you're single. You may be in a RELATIONSHIP, but if you're not married, you're single. Online statuses and public relationships have ruined more relationships post 2003 than anything. Its just like celebrity couples putting everything out there for show. You're in a relationship with her, not everyone else.

that's what I "tell" myself....

he's not really active on FB (has had the same pic up for ages) But what bothers me is that it still says 'single'.  And it's not like he totally neglects his page, because every now and again he'll put up pictures from vacays, and he changes his status and comments here and there (mainly from him phone)  I took mine off so it doesn't say anything. (not single, or in a relationship, etc,.)   And honestly, if he just took it off to not say anything, I'd go with that.  I keep wondering if I should bring it up or not.
nerd.gif

I know it's official because I've met fam, friends, and his fam refers to me as "his girlfriend."  He's not the type to be e-hollerin' at chicks, but I guess I can't front---it irks/bothers me
30t6p3b.gif

DARN YOU FACEBOOK!!!!
mad.gif
Exactly. He just knows the game.

Lets be honest, when you go out, you still get attention from other dudes but you shy it off beacuse you're in a relationship. He does as well from women. If you trust your man, you should trust him. If anything I'd give him MORE props if he just didn't put ANYTHING in that column so those that know, know and everyone else is left to wonder.

People only know what you tell them so its up to you all to decide what you want others to know about you.

Plus, if you two are in such a committed relationship and you feel the love between you two, invest in those emotions and not a social standard of affirmation. You're in a relationship with HIM not his friends.

Sup NT? Is there a grace period for this *!!$?  This is my first time being in a relationship during the facebook explosion era.
I plan on keeping my hidden for now as it gives off a sense of mystery to the chick. I know, kinda *%*@!! up, but what gives?

Is this something that should be discussed between the two partners, and how long after? 

This chick I just got with is mad humble about our relationship, and I kinda like it. We don't call each other any lovey dovey names or other bullcrap. We don't send goodnight, nor good morning texts. We just do our own @!+, and just text throughout the day a little. I think she's only told her bestfriend so far.
Don't take her relaxed attitude for granted fam... you're gonna lose her if you're not active in your relationship if she doesn't actively feel you in her life. Be careful. You've been warned. You think your girl is different, but I can show you how they're all the same. Be on your toes about this behavior. You may love her but she's gotta know it. I can't tell you how to live your relationship and what will work for you, but you've gotta be in control. Think about it homie.

DO NOT put that on Facebook. Never ever do it. Ever. If you're not married, you're single. You may be in a RELATIONSHIP, but if you're not married, you're single. Online statuses and public relationships have ruined more relationships post 2003 than anything. Its just like celebrity couples putting everything out there for show. You're in a relationship with her, not everyone else.

he's not really active on FB (has had the same pic up for ages) But what bothers me is that it still says 'single'.  And it's not like he totally neglects his page, because every now and again he'll put up pictures from vacays, and he changes his status and comments here and there (mainly from him phone)  I took mine off so it doesn't say anything. (not single, or in a relationship, etc,.)   And honestly, if he just took it off to not say anything, I'd go with that.  I keep wondering if I should bring it up or not.
nerd.gif

I know it's official because I've met fam, friends, and his fam refers to me as "his girlfriend."  He's not the type to be e-hollerin' at chicks, but I guess I can't front---it irks/bothers me
30t6p3b.gif

DARN YOU FACEBOOK!!!!
mad.gif

Lets be honest, when you go out, you still get attention from other dudes but you shy it off beacuse you're in a relationship. He does as well from women. If you trust your man, you should trust him. If anything I'd give him MORE props if he just didn't put ANYTHING in that column so those that know, know and everyone else is left to wonder.

People only know what you tell them so its up to you all to decide what you want others to know about you.

Plus, if you two are in such a committed relationship and you feel the love between you two, invest in those emotions and not a social standard of affirmation. You're in a relationship with HIM not his friends.

I was thinking the same thing OP....

On facebook it says my girl is in a relationship with another girl...but do I care nah...not really...It just ain that serious...

The most it means is that more and more guys will inbox with the hopes of bagging (not like they don't do it enough even when relationship is stated

Just continue to do yall and take it slow fam...

I was thinking the same thing OP....

On facebook it says my girl is in a relationship with another girl...but do I care nah...not really...It just ain that serious...

The most it means is that more and more guys will inbox with the hopes of bagging (not like they don't do it enough even when relationship is stated

Just continue to do yall and take it slow fam...

Originally Posted by Screech

Co- sign
smokin.gif

Your relationship status should reflect that of which you file on your taxes!

Originally Posted by Smedroc

you being on facebook is the problem my friend.

But this is spot on!

Originally Posted by Screech

Co- sign
smokin.gif

Your relationship status should reflect that of which you file on your taxes!

Originally Posted by Smedroc

you being on facebook is the problem my friend.

But this is spot on!

Originally Posted by Regal Black

deactivate your facebook
this. relationship of mine was screwed with cuz of myspace. i dont have a facebook and deleted my myspace andi feel much better. i dont need a site to be social.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

deactivate your facebook
this. relationship of mine was screwed with cuz of myspace. i dont have a facebook and deleted my myspace andi feel much better. i dont need a site to be social.

nerd.gif

30t6p3b.gif

DARN YOU FACEBOOK!!!!
mad.gif

People's girls actually let them get away with not putting in a relationship?

Mine would be super pissed if i had nothing up.

As a male yes you would rather have nothing up....then women can still approach you and such.  But when your girl asks you to put it up there is no excuse to not.  "I don't want people knowing my business"? what people? other girls? yeah...its a lose-lose....

nerd.gif

30t6p3b.gif

DARN YOU FACEBOOK!!!!
mad.gif

People's girls actually let them get away with not putting in a relationship?

Mine would be super pissed if i had nothing up.

As a male yes you would rather have nothing up....then women can still approach you and such.  But when your girl asks you to put it up there is no excuse to not.  "I don't want people knowing my business"? what people? other girls? yeah...its a lose-lose....

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

privacy settings can allow your relationship status to appear in your profile for you, your girl and any one else you wish (say some nosy friends of hers) and keep it hidden from the rest of the people.

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

privacy settings can allow your relationship status to appear in your profile for you, your girl and any one else you wish (say some nosy friends of hers) and keep it hidden from the rest of the people.

Back
Top Bottom