Relocating To A New City

Relocating makes man out of you!! Teaches independence and self-sufficiency!

I struggled when I relocate from South Florida to Atlanta but mannnnnnn did I learn so much and gained a lot of strength.

Makes you resilient

I've heard from a few people that your relationship with family and friends change after you move. I'm tight with my immediate family, so I chose not to move. If I do move, than it might be only for a few years.

I've heard from a few people that your relationship with family and friends change after you move. I'm tight with my immediate family, so I chose not to move. If I do move, than it might be only for a few years.

Change how? I speak to everyone in my family damn near everyday.

My and my girl are throwing out the idea of moving to another city in the next year or so. We’ve been living in the DC area for most of our lives so it would be nice to do something new. Will probably end up settling down in the area for a multitude of reasons, but definitely wanna are what else is out there.

Realistically as a black man there are only a few large metro areas I can see myself going to. It would be nice to live in the Bay Area, but do think we can stomach the cost of living there.

I've heard from a few people that your relationship with family and friends change after you move.,

In my case (with fam) i pretty much keep in contact outta town with those i only really messed with when i was still in town....with friends different story ,il politic whenever i pull up but as far as phone convos & stuff nah i see u when i see u bases...

My and my girl are throwing out the idea of moving to another city in the next year or so. We’ve been living in the DC area for most of our lives so it would be nice to do something new. Will probably end up settling down in the area for a multitude of reasons, but definitely wanna are what else is out there.

Realistically as a black man there are only a few large metro areas I can see myself going to. It would be nice to live in the Bay Area, but do think we can stomach the cost of living there.

Yeah I’ll be back in Palo Alto sooner than later.

I’m very close with my family but yes it can be difficult

a lot of ya'll saying line up a job before you move like it's easy.. how you spose to interview for a position to land the job in the first place if you moving across country.

a lot of ya'll saying line up a job before you move like it's easy.. how you spose to interview for a position to land the job in the first place if you moving across country.

Not sure what industry you are in but I have head hunters reaching out to me weekly. All about networking - reach out via LinkedIn to recruiters where you want to move and start the conversation.

Matter of fact, someone in Nola hit me throw afternoon lol

DC is solid place, but would like to relocate by this time next year to Chicago, would be nice to see family again.

And for the whole DMV limits thing, I've always felt that Laurel is the northern limit and anything north of that is associated with the Baltimore metropolitan area.

Last edited:
I just said different slang ...i also said equally country ..never said nothing about having same draw im saying the accents are equally country...u gotta relax & understand what im saying before typing
Understand that you are wrong.

Accent, draw, is NOT the same.

Anyone with an ear can tell the difference in how BMORE and DC people SOUND.

You just don't know.

Stop speaking out of ignorance

it’s overrated. i did it. you have no real close deep friends and your relationship with family definitely changes too. but that happens regardless as you go from 21-35 naturally so you might as well get the most out of it. so yep do it.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Another obstacle I'm assuming is having my current salary translate to another city or state. Currently I'm seeing it as Miami or LA are the only cities I'm interested in making a move to seeing as northern California is ridiculously expensive. Not saying that LA isnt but compared to NYC is still a slightly lower COL. Miami compared to NYC however is a much lower COL.

Might relocate to the bay area from nyc for about 10 months. My girl just got into grad school in NY so she’ll stay here and hold it down...

probably the hardest decision I’ve had to make but the pros outweigh the cons for sure.

I been down this road plenty of times i say do it and make sure you have a job lined up first.

I just moved out to europe again for the 2nd time been out here for a year now for a job with a short notice. The company moved everything for me but i still own my house in the states too. So when i get bored and want to see family i just take a vacation and fly back home to my house.

It is true about the whole social thing as well just have to get out there and meet people i usually start with co workers and branch out from there.

But other than that i really enjoy europe so much stuff to see and do and experience makes how you view the states differently how europeans handle alot of stuff.

Once i hang up europe for sure im looking at relocation to Korea

Thanks for all the replies guys. Another obstacle I'm assuming is having my current salary translate to another city or state. Currently I'm seeing it as Miami or LA are the only cities I'm interested in making a move to seeing as northern California is ridiculously expensive. Not saying that LA isnt but compared to NYC is still a slightly lower COL. Miami compared to NYC however is a much lower COL.

What industry are you in? I’m well familiar with this.

LA COL just matters where you live. SM = SF

Understand that you are wrong.

Accent, draw, is NOT the same.

Anyone with an ear can tell the difference in how BMORE and DC people SOUND.

You just don't know.

Stop speaking out of ignorance

Again

U still not understanding what im saying(this like my 3rd time tryna say this)

I NEVER said accents & draws are the same (im telling u they not the same lol im saying people from both are Equally country...never said they sound the same im saying they both talk country...if u dont get what im saying on this go around i dont know what to tell u brotherman) its obvious dudes from both cities pronounce certain words different but BOTH are EQUALLY COUNTRY..after i made these post yesterday i was chilling in dc last night so its all good like i was saying baltimore & dc have grown on me from when i first came to the area & hated the vibes from bmore to dc(& everything in between) i dont know why u think i wouldnt know when i been in/living in the area well over 10years

Again

U still not understanding what im saying(this like my 3rd time tryna say this)

I NEVER said accents & draws are the same (im telling u they not the same lol im saying people from both are Equally country...never said they sound the same im saying they both talk country...if u dont get what im saying on this go around i dont know what to tell u brotherman) its obvious dudes from both cities pronounce certain words different but BOTH are EQUALLY COUNTRY

Again, you are not seeing how what I am saying is going against your CLAIM of them being equally as country.

Baltimore folks sound more lie Philly folks.

DC people sound more country . Historically many folks from NC migrated to DC in the 50/60 because of job opportunities in the city, so that Southern tongue can be found in this city.

So again, you are wrong and know not of what you speak.

(Slaps forehead)

Lol

U basically on a “who sounds more country” trip

Im basically on a “u either sound country or u dont “ trip

Both are country

Enough said

Back
Top Bottom