Riley Cooper is a FOOL!

When did there become a distinction between saying the n word with an "a" or an "er"? I for one find it to be pretty corny when whites use that as an excuse to say the word. There are so many other words to use, why choose that specific one?

I'm also of the opinion it's time to phase the word out of everyday talk. I cringe when I hear black people refer to each other as *******.

The way he said it, it held the same definition as it's original intention.

What I'm saying that however you want to slice it, the way black people use to refer to each other as in "my *****" is a term of endearment that we are not allowed to have.

Discussing whether or not anyone should be able to use it is moot as people will say whatever they want on an individual basis, just as Riley did.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about man

laugh.gif
 This dude is back! Thread is about to go in five other directions and no one will know what the hell is going on. 
UOENO

:lol:
:lol:

This is where we differ. Doesn't bother me one bit when hearing black folk use A as a term of endearment. They want to use it, cool, no sweat off my sack and I don't need to be sticking my nose in business that aint mine. 

I just feel like it doesn't help progress towards a unified acceptance of race

in the vid he says that black  people have the right to figure out what to do with the word, he does not say that he thinks blacks should be able to use it in everyday conversation (he is staying out of the discussion). keko is saying that as a black man he does not think it should be used in any shape or form
I want to see DCAll, Magic1978 and a few others come to your defense on this one. Since they had your back in the TM thread.

SMH!

If the word didn't hold any meaning why is Riley getting slaughter right now?

SMH!

P.S. N(a) and N(er) are different words depending on the context but I can assure you to many the word still holds the same meaning.
laugh.gif
 This dude is back! Thread is about to go in five other directions and no one will know what the hell is going on. 
mean.gif
deflections
I'm not even sure what you're talking about man
i was responding to all of the above
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This is where we differ. Doesn't bother me one bit when hearing black folk use A as a term of endearment. They want to use it, cool, no sweat off my sack and I don't need to be sticking my nose in business that aint mine. 
if only others could do the same

mean.gif
deflections

i was responding to all of the above

if only others could do the same
Bruh - are you coming in here again to take bits and samples of entire conversation and turned them into what's suits you?

Here we go again ....

Even Magic has a better argument (which he really doesn't) than you and it's more tolerable. 

What do people think about black people calling white people "n***a?" I've been called it before. Didn't care, just thought it was weird.

It's obviously not okay for white people to use the slur, but what about when a black individual uses it towards a white individual?

Bruh - are you coming in here again to take bits and samples of entire conversation and turned them into what's suits you?

Here we go again ....

Even Magic has a better argument (which he really doesn't) than you and it's more tolerable. 
i think that is the point.  my argument would only be acceptable as long as you can "tolerate" it. 
mean.gif

anything you post is fair game as far as im concerned, entire statement or a snippet.  you put it out there, and chose to say what you said, not me. 

What do people think about black people calling white people "n***a?" I've been called it before. Didn't care, just thought it was weird.

It's obviously not okay for white people to use the slur, but what about when a black individual uses it towards a white individual?
as a white man, i would take extreme offense to being called a "*****" as the most vitriolic and hate filled word you could say to someone.

as a white man, i would take extreme offense to being called a "*****" as the most vitriolic and hate filled word you could say to someone.
Black dude uses A as a term of endearment towards me, I don't think anything of it. All good.

Black dude calls me ER, I'm open hand slapping the **** out of him. 

Last edited:
Anyone who is implying that whites say it because black people "allow" them to say it is indirectly justifying it. You are a smart man. You can read the numerous examples in this thread. PLEASE stop playing dumb

Notice who's doing that. People can't just apologize and admit they were wrong. They have to try to deflect blame push it off themselves. What if Kenny Chesney made a statement, Cooper doesn't speak for me, but I think he has the freedom to say what he wants. How would people take that?

With Kobe and Noah they just took their L's. No rush to try to add context or make excuses. Everyone knew it was inappropriate.

But she is only talking for herself and not every black person in America. No teens, no one from her family or friends no one from her neighborhood. She is just speaking for herself  and herself only. Every other black person in America disagree.

At least that's what Magic1978 said!

Way to troll

Reminds me of when Don Imus got caught calling those girls nappy headed ****...but then the discussion turned to hip hop music. 

Oprah was wack for that. 

You know she had her agenda. She wouldn't want the backlash from the other direction, and she knows some of us think she can do no wrong so she would get no backlash.

I'm still wondering how almost 30 years after The Color Purple, she's doing The Butler instead of trying to bring empowering characters to screen.

in the vid he says that black  people have the right to figure out what to do with the word, he does not say that he thinks blacks should be able to use it in everyday conversation (he is staying out of the discussion). keko is saying that as a black man he does not think it should be used in any shape or form

That dude isn't black :smh:

Not syaing anyone said he is COMPLETELY off the hook but people are still giving reasons (justifying) why he (and people like him), use language like that.

I've been waiting for answers for that question for days.

I'm still wondering how this topic got beyond Cooper ****** up.

Notice who's doing that. People can't just apologize and admit they were wrong. They have to try to deflect blame push it off themselves. What if Kenny Chesney made a statement, Cooper doesn't speak for me, but I think he has the freedom to say what he wants. How would people take that?

With Kobe and Noah they just took their L's. No rush to try to add context or make excuses. Everyone knew it was inappropriate.
Way to troll
You know she had her agenda. She wouldn't want the backlash from the other direction, and she knows some of us think she can do no wrong so she would get no backlash.

I'm still wondering how almost 30 years after The Color Purple, she's doing The Butler instead of trying to bring empowering characters to screen.
That dude isn't black
mean.gif

I've been waiting for answers for that question for days.

I'm still wondering how this topic got beyond Cooper ****** up.
Because ppl trying to search and find any example/reason/situation in which a non black...(which less be honest its majority whites/Asian etc ppl) can be justified and cleared to use and say the word freely.

I mean ppl are using everything from what if im singing a song? Or what if I grew up around blacks? What if I have friends that say it towards me, despite me being a non AA?

If everyone truly believes it is wrong and is a negative word and shouldn't be used...why is the derailing of the thread to situations in which non AA can use the word still going on?

laugh.gif
but it's derailing when you have a discussion and certain people don't agree with it
the title of the thread is ppl opinions of riley cooper...not why AA americans can say it and nons cant. It isn't is it ok to use it in a rap song....last I checked riley cooper isn't a rapper...hell he isn't even a musician. Nowhere in the title does it say does your friends allow you to say it, nor what do you think about AA saying to non AA ppl.

So yes all those things are derailing because they aren't what the thread title say, nor does it imply or suggest it in the title.

End of the day I don't get the back and forth of trying to justify using it...its the internet, your gonna say it, be ignorant, racist etc... regardless. So what is even the point of typing back and forth trying to get confirmation or a thumbs up from strangers, who cant prevent you from feeling how you feel or speaking the word?

the title of the thread is ppl opinions of riley cooper...not why AA americans can say it and nons cant. It isn't is it ok to use it in a rap song....last I checked riley cooper isn't a rapper...hell he isn't even a musician. Nowhere in the title does it say does your friends allow you to say it, nor what do you think about AA saying to non AA ppl.

So yes all those things are derailing because they aren't what the thread title say, nor does it imply or suggest it in the title.

End of the day I don't get the back and forth of trying to justify using it...its the internet, your gonna say it, be ignorant, racist etc... regardless. So what is even the point of typing back and forth trying to get confirmation or a thumbs up from strangers, who cant prevent you from feeling how you feel or speaking the word?

Oh... Well in that case, yes, Riley Cooper is a FOOL! Lock this up.

Why are you so worried about the direction of the thread though? Dudes are having a perfectly amicable conversation/debate about something related to what Riley Cooper did. You're acting like everyone just started talking about pizza.

so are you saying Oprah who's got her own tv network, and her own magazines, doesn't have impact empowering women of all races?
for Christsake that is a movie, not reality

Why are you so worried about the direction of the thread though? Dudes are having a perfectly amicable conversation/debate about something related to what Riley Cooper did. You're acting like everyone just started talking about pizza.
because its borderline trolling....ppl just throwing things on the wall and see if it sticks. Again its just ppl throwing various situations/scenarios/instances in which a non AA can use the N word...coupled with back and forth of why can a AA use the word but I cant. Its a go nowhere argument.

What is your race??
African American (from Ghana originally). I am sure people will be calling me an Uncle Tom for my opinions. Regarding the N---a being used for an endearment, I would disagree. I consider it just as ignorant as N----er. In fact, why don't you hear Track 4 on Magna Carta album. Rick Ross says "N----er" several times. I don't hear asians calling asians "ch$nk" or hispanics calling hispancs "wet&*acks."  We're the only group that sets standards on what is decorum but there is hardly consensus. It's a double standard, but there is no consensus about the use of this word between black/AA.  I have some friends that use the word liberally and I have some friends that consider the word taboo. Oprah Winfrey says the word disgusts her, but her friend Jay-Z uses "N---a" like it is water, My point is that the word is glorified continuously and there is disagreement in the AA/black community about its use and how it used. 

With respect to Riley, he's a fool. Do I consider him racist? I don't know and that video doesn't give me enough of an answer either. We all say stupid **** when we're drunk. Anyone who has been drunk and mad who disagrees are liars.  Still, I don't give him a pass. I find it sad we as blacks/AA are dwelling on this and George Zimmermans far more than a greater epidemic such as the high murder rate between blacks in Chicago. More than 1 person a day is murdered in Chicago, on average, over the past 3 years. This is happening in Obama's backyard.  Most of these killings are black on black. No one discusses or wants to find ways to remedy it.  So, we can talk about the Paula Deens, the Riley Coopers, all we want and the use of the N word. But, why are you going to let ignorant issues cause an uproar when we have bigger issues to figure out - blacks killing black in Chicago, youth illiteracy, young blacks dropping out of HS, etc. However, the media wants to run with this and we, the general population, buy it. 

About me: Grew up in a middle class AA family.  Parents immigrated from Ghana and worked blue collar jobs. I worked 2 jobs in high school and was awarded a scholarship to USC.  There were smarter kids than me, but I was fortunate to take advantage of affirmative action (I'll admit it freely) and it has helped me with my career. I could have been a statistic...but, I could care less. 

Last edited:
African American (from Ghana originally). I am sure people will be calling me an Uncle Tom for my opinions. Regarding the N---a being used for an endearment, I would disagree. I consider it just as ignorant as N----er. In fact, why don't you hear Track 4 on Magna Carta album. Rick Ross says "N----er" several times. I don't hear Asians calling asians "ch$nk" or hispanics calling hispancs "wet&*acks."  We're the only group that sets standards on what is decorum but there is hardly consensus. It's a double standard, but there is no consensus about the use of this word between black/AA.  I have some friends that use the word liberally and I have some friends that consider the word taboo. Oprah Winfrey says the word disgusts her, but her friend Jay-Z uses "N---a" like it is water, My point is that the word is glorified continuously and there is disagreement in the AA/black community about its use and how it used. 
Just wanted to correct you on a couple of things

The two words you used for Asians and Hispanics do not hold the same meaning as the word N.

The word for Hispanic is do to illegal immigrants usually Mexican that are not native to USAmerica. Hispanics usually PR and Dominicans call illegals *******. Whites/Blacks call all hispanics ******* regardless. 

Asians do call each other derogate names all the time and they usually don't get along nor want to be associated with other Asians not of their Ethnic background. Once again, the word does not hold any meaning as the word N.

Should they use it, NO, do they Yes. Same with the N word.

Just like Redneck, Hill Billy, Cracka - White people call others they see inferior as those to include Trailer Trash.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom