Rude HOH employees / Jordan Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some not all employees get on these high horses.paul blart mall cop stuff.then there the cool peeps.

Thast cause they get a bunch of people asking about releases or if they heard anything... Just look foot locker release page and youll know when they are coming out...  Better yet just called so you dont have to bother with the attidues.  I never walk into a shoe store asking about the releases.  It 100x faster to call the store....  Everyone want a "hook up" or "in" to get the shoe.  Another effective tool, put a complaint in to footlocker via there customer service contact.  I've put champs and footlockers on blast because the manager was selling half inventory to his reseller friend for percentage of the cut....  88 is a quick strike shoe, which means the retailers will have to quickly get them ordered and limited quainities which means not every store and not all HoH will get them.

:smh:

:smh:, so it's come to this huh? Might really be time to go

i gave the :smh: because i didnt agree with what he was saying for the most part.

Thast cause they get a bunch of people asking about releases or if they heard anything... Just look foot locker release page and youll know when they are coming out...  Better yet just called so you dont have to bother with the attidues.  I never walk into a shoe store asking about the releases.  It 100x faster to call the store....  Everyone want a "hook up" or "in" to get the shoe.  Another effective tool, put a complaint in to footlocker via there customer service contact.  I've put champs and footlockers on blast because the manager was selling half inventory to his reseller friend for percentage of the cut....  88 is a quick strike shoe, which means the retailers will have to quickly get them ordered and limited quainities which means not every store and not all HoH will get them.

:smh:, so it's come to this huh? Might really be time to go

i gave the :smh: because i didnt agree with what he was saying for the most part.

Same here :rofl:. Unomas, while I understand your frustration, I completly disagree with your tactics. Why would you want to be this guy?...

View media item 240039..

id be mad too if i was getting $9 an hour dressed up like a ref lol
roll.gif
laugh.gif
 @ those scrubs giving attitudes to customers because they have a quaestion about a product. GMAFB.

Without clients, they'd have no jobs. SMH

I got 'tude from some minimum wage chick at NT NYC this weekend -completely uncalled for. 

His response is only telling you that you are the 5,000th person asking that very question before 12pm for the past 2 weeks :lol:. It's annoying when people constantly ask you that. It still doesn't excuse his attitude. Each new customer doesn't know how many asked before, so say it in a professional manner. Plus, I don't think their attitude is dependent on the type of shoes you walk in the store with.
I KNOW It is...when I wear my heat they have ZERO problem talking to me about anything, they actually come up and start talking to me. Go walk in there with some converse all-stars on and tell me they don't treat you different...

In my experience people at footlocker generally don't treat the customers nice regardless of what they are wearing. A few people at my local store are friendly but that's a rare case

Last edited:
If that's the only way of obtaining information, then so be it. I'll make sure to wear the most ragged class of 2000 middle school sweatshirt and the most ripped up Bugle Boy jeans I can find then :lol:

Same here :rofl:. Unomas, while I understand your frustration, I completly disagree with your tactics. Why would you want to be this guy?...

View media item 240039..
Because there people that whine about and people that do something about it. Customers shouldn't have to feel disrespected or ignored. If they are tired of asking questions post a sign at your store, make a local twitter account... Lots of options to run a great business. But that's what I would do if it's management. If its an employee I'd just say someone else helped me so the rude person didn't get the commission... Or most of the times I walk a few stores down and can cop the same shoe from someone who isn't a bone head!

HOH are always douchebags because they think their special because they get limited shoes and there aren't that many stores. Every other store people are really cool and helpful, you just gotta seem like you know what your talking about, their not gonna respect some dude wearing the most recent release or full on matching gear with some lame shoe.

Is it just me or are all HOH employees cocky and have HORRIBLE attitudes. If u walk in wearing HEAT they're mad cool and act like your little buddy. But walk in wearing some air 95 air max or whatever some general sneaker, and they act like your bothering them when you ask them a question. I asked a dude today about the retro 3 and if he heard anything and I assumed he was the manager because of how he was speaking and being with the other employees, and right in front of 3 other employees he gave me the nastiest sarcastic answer. I had everything I could do to just turn around and walk away (ur not gonna get anywhere arguing with a ego manic manager in front of his employees I learned my lesson with that already) He replied nasty and sarcastic "NO, I have NO IDEA" and then just sits there stating at me like I'm an ******* for even asking...I'm sure he's heard SOMETHING from someone about the release, it's your Job to sell shoes u should know something...not keep secrets or act like u don't know anything about what I'm saying. But if I walked in there with my heat on they would have been all over my nuts. This is just one of many examples of situations I've seen in HOH. Am I the only one that notices this?
it just ny typical customer service. if you were a celebirty, the manager would proably tell you the 3s were comin out and you would proably talk about an expensive car

this is the TRUTH.

People come in asking dumb *** questions that they could answer themselves if they took 1/4th the time they did coming in here to actually put in work. And then u have people who DONT get it when u give them an answer and keep coming back/calling :smh: IM NOT SAYING THIS IS YOU but this is what we deal with on the daily not to mention arrogant fools come in with a nice pair of sneaks ask you about a shoe ONLY for THEM TO TRY TO TELL YOU how its going down after you give them an appropriate answer. Things have definately changed in the past regarding limited releases. Sometimes we dont even know we are getting the shoes until a couple days before. Its nothing personal. With that said the said employee in this situation is a lame and his actions are not valid if you just trying to come in there and get a bit of info on whats going on.

id be mad too if i was getting $9 an hour dressed up like a ref lol
roll.gif
/agree
roll.gif

Exactly, maybe if they educated themselves in something useful, they wouldn't have to work a minimum wage job and dress in that silly uniform and give people attitude for coming into their place of employment and asking these lazy fools to do their job

But I don't put all the blame on the employees they are just part of the problem the other part of the problem is the management and leadership or should I say lack of leadership, that allows these employees to act this way to the consumer and allows them to be uninformed and unappreciative of the customer.

But, they usually promote from within, so these same idiots working the floor will be a manager in couple of years if they play their cards because of the high turn over of employees in the retail space
mean.gif

Last edited:
this is the TRUTH.

People come in asking dumb *** questions that they could answer themselves if they took 1/4th the time they did coming in here to actually put in work. And then u have people who DONT get it when u give them an answer and keep coming back/calling
mean.gif
IM NOT SAYING THIS IS YOU but this is what we deal with on the daily not to mention arrogant fools come in with a nice pair of sneaks ask you about a shoe ONLY for THEM TO TRY TO TELL YOU how its going down after you give them an appropriate answer. Things have definately changed in the past regarding limited releases. Sometimes we dont even know we are getting the shoes until a couple days before. Its nothing personal. With that said the said employee in this situation is a lame and his actions are not valid if you just trying to come in there and get a bit of info on whats going on.
i agree but once you sign the dotted line to sell shoes to the public its ur duty or obligation to help people if you dont like to help or provide information then they should find another job, if they can find one. i went to a footlocker in nc and the employees walk up to you and ask if you need help and they willingly voulnterr info. but in ny everybody got an attitude for no reason. but if you are rich and famous these employess would look at you like your God and if they can give you there right kidney they would... every other state > ny when it comes to HELP or courtesy for anything

this is the TRUTH.

People come in asking dumb *** questions that they could answer themselves if they took 1/4th the time they did coming in here to actually put in work. And then u have people who DONT get it when u give them an answer and keep coming back/calling :smh: IM NOT SAYING THIS IS YOU but this is what we deal with on the daily not to mention arrogant fools come in with a nice pair of sneaks ask you about a shoe ONLY for THEM TO TRY TO TELL YOU how its going down after you give them an appropriate answer. Things have definately changed in the past regarding limited releases. Sometimes we dont even know we are getting the shoes until a couple days before. Its nothing personal. With that said the said employee in this situation is a lame and his actions are not valid if you just trying to come in there and get a bit of info on whats going on.
I went in to buy a pair of shoes, I do my research on releases and don't ask stupid questions. But I get what your saying about people asking dumb *** questions, I'm sure people do it all the time. But it's part of the Job to answer questions, if they can't handle it and can't put a smile on they're face and answer with respect regardless of how stupid the question or how many times they've been asked, then they shouldn't work there. I asked him "Have you heard anything about the Retro 88' release" that's a very general question, that could be answered many ways. His response was completely uncalled for, specially from a manager in front of employees, what kinda message does that send them? that it's completely cool to be a massive ****. I hardly think it's a "stupid question". Customer service is like 50% maybe more of my decision on where I shop and buy my shoes, and I'll probably never buy a shoe there again unless I have no choice, and I highly doubt that will happen. Either put a smile on your face and be respectful, or go flip burgers where u don't have to deal with people. There is NO EXCUSE for this at all, none. Two stores down, the people in Champs are MAD cool, nice and helpful. They engage with you and they'll talk about whatever and answer any question with respect and you can tell they're happy to do it. What makes HOH different, two stores down? It's a joke.

:rofl:

Exactly, maybe if they educated themselves in something useful, they wouldn't have to work a minimum wage job and dress in that silly uniform and give people attitude for coming into their place of employment and asking these lazy fools to do their job

But I don't put all the blame on the employees they are just part of the problem the other part of the problem is the management and leadership or should I say lack of leadership, that allows these employees to act this way to the consumer and allows them to be uninformed and unappreciative of the customer.

But, they usually promote from within, so these same idiots working the floor will be a manager in couple of years if they play their cards because of the high turn over of employees in the retail space :smh:

I agree wholeheartedly with the second and third part of what u just posted, it's definitely a management/leadership problem. I just know it's not an isolated incident, I hear bad **** about HOH all the time. How can so many of them be so bad? Like do they think they're the **** because they get limited Shoes other stores don't? They think they can give people an attitude because your store gets shoes other footlockers don't...It's ridiculous. And u can't take pictures in the store, lmao. Talk about crazy, they act like it's a museum.

They only look out for one another, not the little guy.

I rarely mess with FTL/HOH over here any ways.

Every time you ask if they're getting a shoe that's releasing, they hit you with the stone face. :stoneface:

I just walk out and keep it moving to FNL, where they always tell me how many pairs they got, of what size, and what the release will be like.

Is it just me or are all HOH employees cocky and have HORRIBLE attitudes. If u walk in wearing HEAT they're mad cool and act like your little buddy. But walk in wearing some air 95 air max or whatever some general sneaker, and they act like your bothering them when you ask them a question. I asked a dude today about the retro 3 and if he heard anything and I assumed he was the manager because of how he was speaking and being with the other employees, and right in front of 3 other employees he gave me the nastiest sarcastic answer. I had everything I could do to just turn around and walk away (ur not gonna get anywhere arguing with a ego manic manager in front of his employees I learned my lesson with that already) He replied nasty and sarcastic "NO, I have NO IDEA" and then just sits there stating at me like I'm an ******* for even asking...I'm sure he's heard SOMETHING from someone about the release, it's your Job to sell shoes u should know something...not keep secrets or act like u don't know anything about what I'm saying. But if I walked in there with my heat on they would have been all over my nuts. This is just one of many examples of situations I've seen in HOH. Am I the only one that notices this?

every shoe store employee(Champs,Footaction,FTL(HOH),FNL,etc etc.)those guys are ALL *******,wtf i dont get it either,its their job to give US info. about their item.Tell you what call their DISTRICT MANAGER and complain about this pricks attitude towards you.

Last edited:
His response is only telling you that you are the 5,000th person asking that very question before 12pm for the past 2 weeks :lol:. It's annoying when people constantly ask you that. It still doesn't excuse his attitude. Each new customer doesn't know how many asked before, so say it in a professional manner. Plus, I don't think their attitude is dependent on the type of shoes you walk in the store with.
I KNOW It is...when I wear my heat they have ZERO problem talking to me about anything, they actually come up and start talking to me. Go walk in there with some converse all-stars on and tell me they don't treat you different...

I still say your footwear as a customer doesn't determine the type of information you can get or the type of customer service you receive. I've walked into plenty of Foot Lockers with plenty of heat and didn't get any extra attention because of what is on my feet as you suggested. From experiencing this types of behavior first hand, I find it lame that a person is itching to start a conversation with you based on your shoes. I've recognized that look, it's thirsty and immature when they keep looking down. I hate it, if you want to say "nice kicks" just say it, but the staring is lame, sorry that's just my opinion.

id be mad too if i was getting $9 an hour dressed up like a ref lol :rofl:

:lol:  @ those scrubs giving attitudes to customers because they have a quaestion about a product. GMAFB.

Without clients, they'd have no jobs. SMH

I got 'tude from some minimum wage chick at NT NYC this weekend -completely uncalled for. 

I'm curious as to what you said to the floor associate. Usually staff doesn't treat customers as such unless the customer does something really dumb. Not pointing you out, but staff USUALLY doesn't get down like that at NTNY. Pump ya brakes on that minimum wage nonsense. Don't speak on things you have no clue about. I wonder if it's that assumed attitude that warranted the customer service you got.

Now, in my experience in being a former staff member at NTNY, I'd see all types of customers come in with "heat" thinking they know more than the staff, it's not always the case. I can spot them a mile away. As I mentioned they're usually looking down at my feet (when I'm not in staff dress anyway). From my experience, most of them know when things come out, but they ask obvious questions like "Oh, is _________ coming out on the (insert date)?" This doesn't stop us from genuinely answering the question, but after we answer the customer, amongst ourselves we'll be like "they know damn well when the shoes come out, why are they asking stupid ****?" Those are the ones we get annoyed at. Why? because we see them trolling the store 2-3 times a week asking the same stupid *** question. They are trying to gain a hookup by trying to be friendly. I can only speak for me on this, but that's an automatic shut down. I can spot someone being disingenuous in that regard. Being there for so long, I know the types of customers that come in with "heat" thinking they're doing it, but it's funny to me, they do not garner any special attention from our staff because that behavior looks clownish. To be perfectly honest, the shoes they try to show off with walking around the store, there are 2-3 dudes with the exact pair working in them in the basement. I can only speak for me and :smh: when I see people like this roaming around the store.

I still say your footwear as a customer doesn't determine the type of information you can get or the type of customer service you receive. I've walked into plenty of Foot Lockers with plenty of heat and didn't get any extra attention because of what is on my feet as you suggested. From experiencing this types of behavior first hand, I find it lame that a person is itching to start a conversation with you based on your shoes. I've recognized that look, it's thirsty and immature when they keep looking down. I hate it, if you want to say "nice kicks" just say it, but the staring is lame, sorry that's just my opinion.
I'm curious as to what you said to the floor associate. Usually staff doesn't treat customers as such unless the customer does something really dumb. Not pointing you out, but staff USUALLY doesn't get down like that at NTNY. Pump ya brakes on that minimum wage nonsense. Don't speak on things you have no clue about. I wonder if it's that assumed attitude that warranted the customer service you got.

Now, in my experience in being a former staff member at NTNY, I'd see all types of customers come in with "heat" thinking they know more than the staff, it's not always the case. I can spot them a mile away. As I mentioned they're usually looking down at my feet (when I'm not in staff dress anyway). From my experience, most of them know when things come out, but they ask obvious questions like "Oh, is _________ coming out on the (insert date)?" This doesn't stop us from genuinely answering the question, but after we answer the customer, amongst ourselves we'll be like "they know damn well when the shoes come out, why are they asking stupid ****?" Those are the ones we get annoyed at. Why? because we see them trolling the store 2-3 times a week asking the same stupid *** question. They are trying to gain a hookup by trying to be friendly. I can only speak for me on this, but that's an automatic shut down. I can spot someone being disingenuous in that regard. Being there for so long, I know the types of customers that come in with "heat" thinking they're doing it, but it's funny to me, they do not garner any special attention from our staff because that behavior looks clownish. To be perfectly honest, the shoes they try to show off with walking around the store, there are 2-3 dudes with the exact pair working in them in the basement. I can only speak for me and :smh: when I see people like this roaming around the store.

I'm not talking about regular footlockers or NTNY. NTNY employees are some of the coolest and nicest in the business, I have never had a complaint about a Nike employee. I actually think they're the best in the business.

This thread is called "HOH employees..." Because my beef is strictly with them. And as far as the wearing "heat" issue, In my experience, then the second you walk in they're eyes hit your feet. Depending on what your wearing depends on the service and attitude you get. If they see you wearing Heat they give you more respect and better service, i can only assume, they think your going to spend more money.

and everything else you mentioned, it's not about stupid questions or trying to make connections, it's just walking in and attempting to buy a shoe. If your trying to get a connect in major shoe store, your an idiot. the place to get a connect is NOT in a large chain shoe store, it's in a mom and pop smaller level store, they're less regulated with less rules about releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom