Rude HOH employees / Jordan Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had a problem with hoh employees and their service until I went and tried to buy the Lebron 9 last year. This was at the HOH Arden Fair. I drove to HOH after I got out of my afternoon class and there were 4 employee working at the time when I entered (1 girls at the register, 2 males chatting it up on the other side in the kids section, and 1 male in the back). Each one of them saw me enter the store but didn't say anything. Maybe they didn't say anything because I was wearing some beat up/faded black vans at the time and thought to themselves I wasn't going to buy anything :lol:. I use those vans to work out at school.

SO I stood there for about 5 minutes and still no one wanted to come help me. I had the Lebron shoe in my hand the whole. I could of asked one of them to get me the shoes but I didn't because I wanted to see how long it would take for them to come over here to help me. Another 2 minutes role by and nothing.

Another female employee walks in and goes to the back to come back out to the floor after about 45 seconds. She comes up to me and asks if I needed help. I was like yea, I've been waiting here for like ten minutes and no one wanted to help me. She was like sorry blah blah blah. Even though I came here to buy one pair, I ended up tell her to bring me 3 pairs (9,10.5, 6.5).

She comes back with the three pairs I requested and brings it to the cash register. Then the 2 employee that were chatting the whole time on the other side walks up to see what I was buying and one of them says "Damn bro, you buying all 3."
I said "Yea, if you would have help me and not ignore me for the last 10 minutes, the commission could have been yours. She gets the commission." He tried to say something but I told him I didn't want to hear it. Told the chick who was helping me to give me 3 of those shoe cleaners, payed straight cash, and bounce.

I ended up giving one pair to my little brother and the 10.5 to cousin for his b-day.

This is a general retail matter, not only specifically HoH.
I was sales associate for 8 years at our local Footlocker store and I was always very happy to meet sneakerheads generally and most excited when someone
needs help with Jordans.
To all sales associates and managers who are treating a customer with prejudice or laziness...SHAME ON YOU!

Repped.

I think the real issue is that sneaker stores have a bunch of employees who want the benefits of working at sneaker store, but in reality would rather not work at all. = slacker employees trying to milk the system.

If you dont like the customer service then find another store to shop at. Its just that simple. Bad customer service is everywhere. People trip me out complaining all the time. If you could only see what really goes on you would understand, and also I guarantee if you could get a job there to get first dibs on the shoes you would. Not everyone who works there is there for a hookup.I've seen people come in stores all the time asking for hookups or to hold shoes. This goes on all the time and I can imagine that it does get annoying. Put yourself in their shoes and see how you would react especially when you tell someone the answer or give them some info and two seconds later they ask the same thing.

Sorry bout a lot of you alls bad luck... The only problem I've had with HoH, as previously stated, is getting them to answer the f'n phone! Lol... Like my man said I know it can be annoying to be asked the same question a thousand times, but consistency could change this! Or like the fact that they posted online what each individual store was doing as far as handling the release. But once again, it also states that they have the ability to change what they want to do, CONSISTENCY! As employees they have the right to complain to corporate... And my job offers employee surveys every year, I'm sure they have one as well... Nothing will change over night but I'm sure if they hear the same things more than a few times they can do something about this... Possibly come up with a voice message or operating system....

For me it's just about courtesy towards other human beings. I've worked retail before (Apple Store) and I understand it's a tough job with not a lot of pay. What makes matters worse is when you have to deal with an arrogant customer who talks to you in a condescending manner. As a customer, I try my best to make the worker's job easy by asking politely and what-not but if a worker does act rude or arrogant towards me, I can always take my business elsewhere. Nobody has to put up with that kind of BS. I've always been a big believer in treating others how you want to be treated because later down the road, you never know what situation you'll wind up in.

Last edited:
I think it just a retail job answer. I'm sure these dudes get asked the same question OVER and OVER and OVER. After a while they really don't care how they answer.

I go to Jimmy's Hip-Hop Store or Foot Locker and never had a problem. But to ya'll^^^^^^^^^^^ cryin bout dudes clownin you when you walk in with air max's how bout next time you go lookin for a answer just put some Retro's on and they aint gonna say **** how hard is that instead of cryin on here how they played u in your air 95's lol. Like if you know that's how they are then just put on your Heat or w.e you got an go get your answers lol SIMPLE AS THAT. TOo much unecassary drama nowadays

Nobody is crying, it's an extremely valid point. I'm not gonna wear my retro's to the mall so some shoe jockey will give me better service, if that's the case I wouldn't even spend my money there, **** them. The point is that every employee should be friendly as hell to ANY person, no matter what. And nobody is getting "clowned" it's not like they're pointing at you laughing cracking jokes.

Repped.

I think the real issue is that sneaker stores have a bunch of employees who want the benefits of working at sneaker store, but in reality would rather not work at all. = slacker employees trying to milk the system.

Sure. But to be honest. At offices, the exploit of browsing in the internet and watching youtubes can be much bigger.
I remember when our store manager pushed everyone to work efficiently and not sit idle or chat
Too much with the customers when the store is busy.
Inappropriate behavior of employees sometimes needs to be reported. Not only for a better customer service but for the image of the company.
But not everyone is thinking that far and just
Be a lazy bone.

His response is only telling you that you are the 5,000th person asking that very question before 12pm for the past 2 weeks :lol:. It's annoying when people constantly ask you that. It still doesn't excuse his attitude. Each new customer doesn't know how many asked before, so say it in a professional manner. Plus, I don't think their attitude is dependent on the type of shoes you walk in the store with.

Doesn't matter its their job to answer those 5,000 questions. They get paid to do that.

But that's what makes an employee a bad one, when they encounter a rude customer and have to be rude back to them.  Kill them with kindness.  A good retail employee should be trained that even if they do encounter a rude customer they have excellent customer service skills to handle the situation where they can be kind and treat them with respect, not be a douche right back to them.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  It only makes it worse.

And that's why I couldn't do retail ever again. The pay isn't worth dealing with rude, inconsiderate customers.

I could deal with being asked the same questions over and over again and getting asked questions I would feel were stupid questions. That's no problem, its part of the description and not everyone was as knowledgable as me so might as well help people out. I would say I had good expierences with about 80% of the customers I dealt with

However I would tell rude customers straight up to their face I didn't get paid enough to deal with their attitude and they could get help from another sales associate.

I had customers begging for discounts, I would ask them what they would do for me, if I hooked it up, some would have the nerve to say "nothing, I'm keeping you guys in business". I would just tell them I could care less if they bought anything or not, its not my merchandise and I didn't get commison so I wasn't stressing their business. Most customers who wanted discounts were cool though and realized one hand takes care of the other and would either tip me or bring me something to eat from the mall food court in exchange for my employee discount.

All that said, retail is not for everyone. I've gone off on employees who have an unwarranted douchebag attitude and a call to corporate does wonders

Well, I work for the company, and you gotta understand the company doesn't drug test not does it have a union, so you can expect to get crappy customer service at times. As we know, the pay is crappy and most only work there for the discount so they could resell. Thankfully I have another gig.

Well, I work for the company, and you gotta understand the company doesn't drug test not does it have a union, so you can expect to get crappy customer service at times. As we know, the pay is crappy and most only work there for the discount so they could resell. Thankfully I have another gig.

you work for footlocker ?

i love seeing the condescending remarks about shoe store employees. its like, you guys arent poop BUT im going to complain when you dont treat me right. People also have the min wage people are beneath me thoughts. i remember some girl really laughing at me because she was like "you make $7.25/hr here?" guess she thought she was better than me even though she didnt know I made 6 times that for my real job.

for the most part, i have no issues with shoe store employees. i did it for about 6 - 8 months but I called it quits due to it becoming my 3rd job, my kid starting to cry when i left to go make min wage, and the shoe drama that goes along with working at shoe stores.

some employees are jerks, but isnt that with every profession? sometimes the customers give them a reason to be "difficult" though.

also, a lot of employees flip shoes because they are so grossly under paid and put a little extra cash in their pockets to offset the cost of living but that also is common with other professions. for example, i know someone that gets a significant discount on audio products. he flips them to contacts for 1/2 the difference and keeps the change.

Last edited:
I work company. And do I have stories for days. :lol:

Honestly, most employees don't give a crap about what sneakers you wearing upon entering the store or the customers. :lol:

tell Ken Hicks i said hello

lets hear some stories

Last edited:
His response is only telling you that you are the 5,000th person asking that very question before 12pm for the past 2 weeks :lol:. It's annoying when people constantly ask you that. It still doesn't excuse his attitude. Each new customer doesn't know how many asked before, so say it in a professional manner. Plus, I don't think their attitude is dependent on the type of shoes you walk in the store with.

Doesn't matter its their job to answer those 5,000 questions. They get paid to do that.

That was the point I was making.

Well people who work at Foot Locker, HoH, etc. aren't exactly the most goal oriented people in their life. It's no different from working at McDonalds.  They get paid minimum wage, and mostly work there because they can get discounts on the new shoe releases, that they spend their whole paycheck on anyways every release.  So they're broke kids.
:rofl:

This happens at every shoe store not just HOH.

The employees act like they have power over you....like foh you not better than me cause you selling a new release that everyone wants. Keep that $7 an hour bro ill go somewhere else
mean.gif
Lol. Not every shoe store employee is like that man. Yaw think every store is like that? How about the customers that call every day sometimes twice asking the same damn question (3:00pm "uh hi are yaw getting the cement 88's?" Nah man no FL will bgetting them in Philly"...8:00pm "uh hi i called earlier about the og 3's you know of aywhere i can find them by any chance?" ) thats when you deserve any sarcasm bro....****** customers prolly get butt hurt cause they want some fak leather shoes. Just like yaw feel like were entitled with something - well - yaw feel like we have the answer for yaw habits. Go elsewhere with that attitude. 

Lol. Not every shoe store employee is like that man. Yaw think every store is like that? How about the customers that call every day sometimes twice asking the same damn question (3:00pm "uh hi are yaw getting the cement 88's?" Nah man no FL will bgetting them in Philly"...8:00pm "uh hi i called earlier about the og 3's you know of aywhere i can find them by any chance?" ) thats when you deserve any sarcasm bro....****** customers prolly get butt hurt cause they want some fak leather shoes. Just like yaw feel like were entitled with something - well - yaw feel like we have the answer for yaw habits. Go elsewhere with that attitude. 

Really? Why do people type like this now? "Dat, da, dis, yaw...why do they wanna sound ignorant? it takes just as much effort to spell it the right way, and makes you sound a lot more intelligent. lol makes me wonder if they fill out there college and Job applications like that. You can obviously spell "ya'll" so why front like you can't...makes NO sense. lol people get taken way more seriously when they can type "the, that and this..." correctly.

Really? Why do people type like this now? "Dat, da, dis, yaw...why do they wanna sound ignorant? it takes just as much effort to spell it the right way, and makes you sound a lot more intelligent. lol makes me wonder if they fill out there college and Job applications like that. You can obviously spell "ya'll" so why front like you can't...makes NO sense. lol people get taken way more seriously when they can type "the, that and this..." correctly.
Because they feel like it. When you pay for the mans education then you can criticize his writing style. Free country ( sneaker website) not English class (. Dexter) where you wish you can show off.

Last edited:
Because they feel like it. When you pay for the mans education then you can criticize his writing style. Free country ( sneaker website) not English class (. Dexter) where you wish you can show off.

He came at me with the "it's a free country" lol I just don't understand why people think it's cool to sound or talk ignorant when they're completely capable of speaking/typing correctly. People look down on that... And since it's a "free country" I'm expressing my opinion on this wonderful (sneaker website) I wasn't aware having an opinion and expressing it in fairly simple English was "showing off". Maybe I'll use smaller words for you next time. I guess to you, people are dexters or dorks because they can speak English correctly, lol.

LOL just stop. You can't work at a zoo and complain when you step in poop. You want respect from everyone? Get a job where you don't dress like a referee. Until then, shut that mouth and sell that shoe cleaner and sell that little girl rainbow socks like your manager told you too. Throw a deal with it gif wherever you'd like

Last edited:
Willowbrook HOH employees couldn't even purchase the Bred XI, so am glad they took their frustrations on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom