Ryan Braun - to be hit with susp for PEDs

Didnt know NT hated Barry Bonds, but whatever, McGwire, A-Rod, Clemens, anyone, I just wanna know how it would go down on here if they got off.

If someones accused of PED's is that it? No more questions asked. No point of even having a trial?

At the very beginning of all this we all knew there was something up. There was a ton of uncertainty on what really happened. Whether it was herpes or whatever. Before anyone knew anything everyones screaming cheater. Like the article said he's been tested 25 times and passed. 3 times last year. But he's dumb enough to start injecting himself in the NLCS? Why isnt he hitting 50 home runs? His stats have been consistent his whole career. He gets retested instantly and comes up clean. But Instead of looking into anything or asking any questions everyone just says "cheater" and thats why i ask. Is it cause of him winning the MVP which made everyone bitter towards him to begin with? Like that was his fault too.

And where does this bias come in Brauns favor from the MLB? Dudes saying its because he's white. Clemens, McGwire? People saying hes the golden boy...like A-Rod wasnt? Why is Braun sooo special?

How about its possible he might be innocent.

Valid points but you are missing a couple things. One, the retest passing means nothing. Players have access now to drugs that get out of your system right away. Braun requested for a retest after he found out about his positive (that could have been days or even weeks). Him then taking another test literally means zilch. So throw that one out.

Second, why start taking something now? Because of the way the testing works - players are tested twice during the regular season then after that it's all random and good chance you are not tested. So Braun just finishes 162 games plus his mandatory tests. He got named MVP. The playoffs start. MVPs have the pressure on them. This is the big time now, playoff baseball and time to lock in seven months after you started spring training. Hey I can take a substance for that extra push that can get out of system in maybe 24 hours? And there is a good chance I am not picked for a random test anyway? Some guys will take that chance. It should be no shock even if we as fans look as it as beyond stupid. The MLB testing is FILLED with loopholes even today.

But I agree, we have no idea if Braun is "guilty" and possibly never will.  All we know is what we can go on.

Latest update:

According to the sources of Yahoo! Sports' Jeff Passan, Braun's urine sample sat in a FedEx shop over the weekend, challenging the integrity of the sample. Passan's sources also report that the chain-of-custody loophole will be closed in an amendment to the league's drug-testing program.

Here is what was reported the day this story broke a few months back:
NY Daily News source on Braun's test results: "Insanely high...twice the level of the highest test ever taken."

Here is Victor Conte when asked about today's MLB players:
They're using fast-acting testosterone; they're not using anabolic steroids. You need to use carbon isotope ratio testing and you will bust lots of people. (A) significant number of players would test positive.

--------

What (players) are doing is using fast-acting testosterone - creams, gels, orals, patches - and they clear so quickly, sometimes in a matter of hours. … They could conceivably, after a game, use testosterone to help with tissue repair and healing and recovery and by the time they'd show up at the park the next day, their PE (progesterone/estradiol) ratio would be normal. I always knew there was this giant loophole that you could drive a Mack truck through.

And after all this latest today here is MLB's statement on the matter:
"As a part of our drug testing program, the Commissioner's Office and the Players Association agreed to a neutral third party review for instances that are under dispute," it read. " While we have always respected that process, Major League Baseball vehemently disagrees with the decision rendered today by arbitrator Shyam Das."

Braun is still going to be hearing from the fans and media the rest of the year IMO.

nonsense dude is a cheater 
his testosterone level tested out at an abnormal 20:1 

what bruan says is that since it was shipped late it had an effect on his test not that it was tampered with

being shipped late no matter what temperature it is does not get it to 20:1 testosterone 

BS

dude was not found innocent, he found someone to blame his failed taste on

dude better have an MVP type season and he better be the most tested player in the majors

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Interesting, didnt know most of that. But yea going into this I fully expected everyone to be mad.
dude better have an MVP type season and he better be the most tested player in the majors 

When hasnt he had an MVP type season lol. And when he does you'll be the first to say cheater so why does it even matter.

Victor Conte is the voice of reason. Gunna posted an article in the boxing thread that really opened my eyes. Braun cheated, got away with it. Its the American way.

Edit:

RyGuy, can you post the link to the whole article where you quoted Conte?

From that same article:

Unless there's some chain-of-custody issue, other technical problem during the collection and transport process, he's basically dead in the water … I believe he's going to serve the 50-game suspension."
 Un +*#!#++ real

Originally Posted by Jay02

Interesting, didnt know most of that. But yea going into this I fully expected everyone to be mad.

When hasnt he had an MVP type season lol. And when he does you'll be the first to say cheater so why does it even matter.

Weak response. Your boy is a cheater. Probably has been his whole career.

I think a lot of people still don't realize how much players are still using 
laugh.gif

The MLB drug testing is a nice first step to deter a lot of PEDs. But as many have mentioned you would have to be an idiot to actually fail an MLB test. Guys similar to Victor Conte are experts in their field and know exactly what drugs will not show up and know exactly what new drugs are outpacing the MLB tests. Players have easy access to guys like Conte and they have a lot of money to spend. You don't have to be injecting a needle into your butt anymore. Even mild PEDs taken under the tongue help to rake through a doubleheader in August.

This will always go on as long as Major League Baseball expects players to have a month of spring training, 162 regular season games, then playoffs. Players break down. It is an absolute grind and even MLB knows their product would be much better if they cut the season down but they won't because owners only care about one thing.

Lastly, the testing is getting stronger starting this season. Previously all tests were urine samples. Now blood testing begins to check for HGH.

With all that said, the current testing does work to deter a lot of the drug use and the proof is in the pudding. From 1998 to 2002 (five seasons) 60 players hit 40+ home runs. From 2007-2011 (five seasons) 16 players hit 40+ home runs.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You sound dumb.  Ryan Braun has been an elite baseball player since he was an amatuer.  Same as A-Rod.  He's gonna go out again his season and have a great year cause he is a great player.

Did he cheat? Undoubtedly.  But the numbers of athletes that use some sort of PED's is prolly so much greater than we imagine.  Look at these guy's now, football players, NBA players, they are all using some type of $@*%.  I think its just time that sports change their attitudes in regards to PED's.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You sound dumb.  Ryan Braun has been an elite baseball player since he was an amatuer.  Same as A-Rod.  He's gonna go out again his season and have a great year cause he is a great player.

Did he cheat? Undoubtedly.  But the numbers of athletes that use some sort of PED's is prolly so much greater than we imagine.  Look at these guy's now, football players, NBA players, they are all using some type of $@*%.  I think its just time that sports change their attitudes in regards to PED's.
Arod's steroid use has been documented as far back as high school. What's your point?

The guy was the best freshman in the nation in college.  If you think PED's are the reason he's good, then your dumb.

The guy was the best freshman in the nation in college.  If you think PED's are the reason he's good, then your dumb.

laugh.gif
What does that have to do with anything?  And don't you call everyone out for steroids, including Pujols?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Lloyd Braun

Conte is the God father, i love the guy bc he just puts it out there

He is the only expert besides memo Heredia who knows 100 % truth on the testing and usage

Braun and his lawyers just pulled a fast one out of their #%*

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
What does that have to do with anything?  And don't you call everyone out for steroids, including Pujols?
laugh.gif

If it was such. A battle for his reputation why didnt Braun take the DNA blood test ?

He "backed off" taking it per from MLB

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm not defending Braun...I think he did and its ridiculous he got off.  I just think its just as stupid to act like the guy is only good cause of that though.  I've long said I think all the "steroid," guys should get in the hall.
I think its a stretch to call Braun a long-time cheater though.  I think the guy wanted a World Series knowing it was his best chance and took the risk with the fast acting testorone stuff.  I mean, if you can believe Andy Pettitte only did it that once, why can't I believe that?

I think Braun needs to stick with the less is more mentality. I can understand some of his frustrations but the more he talks the more it makes him look worse. Lets stop with the "exoneration" lines, and "I was proven to be innocent." His official appeal (from him and his lawyers) was not on the test results...instead it was on the handling of it. His lawyers did not dispute that synthetic testosterone was found in his urine. Things to think about.

Others obviously have their own opinions as well:

"Major League Baseball vehemently disagrees with the decision rendered today by arbitrator Shyam Das." - MLB Executive VP Rob Manfred

"To have this sort of technicality of all technicalities let a player off...it's just a sad day for all the clean players and those that abide by the rules" - Travis Tygart, chief executive  officer of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency

"(Major League) Baseball....is considering a federal lawsuit to overturn the Das decision."

Regardless, Braun and all MLB players have a right for this process to not be in public and it somehow leaked. And that was not right. And they have a right to not have the handling of this stuff be half-assed like this is a junior high collection and testing team. MLB has learned a huge lesson on their procedure and IMO I'm glad they did.

His lie has gotten so good to him he just feels he can go the extra mile and keep yapping.

In his presser he just said that he was willing to take any and every test to prove he's clean.

But he turned down dna test. ...
30t6p3b.gif

We've seen this before tho. Merriman, Cushing, Gatlin, etc...

Back
Top Bottom