SCHOOL ME ON CUSTOMS

For covering patent leather, can you only use black or will other colors work to?

What Paint Can I Get At Michaels If I Wanted To Customize My Kicks And Wear Them? Like, Can Someone Make Me A Shopping List If I Was To Go There? Thanks. (I Have Nothing)

you can get the cheap brands, they have like 2 or 3 different brands all together in one section.

The best you could possibly do is use one of those with some Textile Medium(should be in the same section)

use it and possibly something else according to the formulas posted above

and make sure you prep the surface.

So I've noticed white is a troubled Angelus color so I went to try and mix it with Speedball block printing ink (water soluble) and it was so thick. I wasn't sure If I should add a bunch of water to it or if that would make the paint worse and make it crack. Anybody have a mixture to make a solid white they would share.....anything to make a stronger and more durable white paint

maybe if I just add some acetone and alcohol like meth did with the black. Any help would be really appreciated on this white subject.
_________________________________________________________________​
to you[/center][/b]
[/i]
Hokum(me)= 1/2 of Above The CLouds Design​

you might wanna try airbrush medium? I think its made for thining acrylics. I personally use a lil rubbing alcohol to thin

just use acetone to liquify the paint. you can use water, but it will spread the pigment thinner and it wont paint as well, however it wont dry as fast. airbrush medium could work too.

a good white in my opinion is your run of the mill titanium dioxide tube acrylic mixed with textile medium (which will thin it out a bit) and then as you use it, mix small amounts of it with acetone right before you paint with it to make it thinner and easier to apply smoothly.

paint for foam midsoles? same paint used for leather. same technique to prep. works fine.

"I hope you get to a better place in your life where you dont have to walk around TELLING people how cool you are and hoping they look at you."

ok, so i've been applying acetone to prep the shoe for paint, but i've been scrubbing away on the same shoe for over 30 min. with cotton swabs. Should i be applying more acetone or pressure, my hands already hurt haha....first time trying this out, i wanna take my time and make sure i do it right ya know.

i got a doubt

have any1 tried mixing acrylic paint with fabric paint ??? does it work ?

fabric paint doesnt work THAT great by itself. when you add textile medium to the paint youre essentially making fabric paint from regular acrylic but you have the ability to control how much flexibility your paint will have.
"I hope you get to a better place in your life where you dont have to walk around TELLING people how cool you are and hoping they look at you."

does anyone know how much acrylic finish you are suppose to apply?
STARTING POINT GUARD #1

OK, here is my first custom I'm going to attempt! Nothing big, just attempting to add the logo down at the bottom heel part. Here is what I have...
f3_12.JPG

And this is what I want to customize them to...
oaymts.jpg

I'm going to flip the "Wu" emblem and give it the impression of it showing "Mu"...that's what my crew I run with call ourselves. I know, I know it sounds funny...but like they say, "Good friends bail you out of jail...and TRUE friends sit next to you in the cell!"

Anyways, the Goldenrods are suede material I believe, so paint would probably be hard to handle in terms of bleeding...I was planning on using a stencil for the emblem, trace it with a pencil, then fill it in with a "fabric marker or pen"...so that being said, any recommendations on an easier way to customize them, or what "tools" to use. I'm not looking to have them perfect...they are more for my buddies and I, so I'll be wearing the hell out of them. Thanks in advance!
[/url]​

^i don't customize, but try getting it embrodiered. I'm not sure how many emboridery machines can get that far into the dunk but to me it would seem like that would bleed like a mother if you just did a stencil job on the suede

edit: any tips for masking? masking would be essential for airbrushing...right?, and even if you don't airbrush, ther ehas to be tip sfor masking. I've heard use vaseline to mask(but that won't work when you brush the paints, only if you air brush), anyhting else?
aka nkwu

Visit JustBBall Tell them nkwu sent you.

Size 11 Oompas DS. Get At me. GTA Meetup Preferred.

shoeWUfreak...or anyone else for that matter, any recommendations on a place to have embroidery done on shoes???
[/url]​

Quote:
shoeWUfreak...or anyone else for that matter, any recommendations on a place to have embroidery done on shoes???

its not really possible on a pre constructed shoe( at a cost thats feasable). jour best bet is either glue on an embroided patch or to have some denim or another fabric embroidered to your specifications and then apply it to the shoe with goop.
some places can just about do tongues but not many.

^Thanks for all the info NT...I think I'm just going to try and either use the "pen" or "paint" method. I'm going to be wearing the shoes, so it doesn't really matter on the so called quality and life of the customization.
[/url]​

i would burn it in. draw it out, then burn it in with a soldering iron (if you have a steady hand). after you burn it down and it is indented, paint in it . ive done it before it looks pro if you can keep your lines clean.

"steppingrazor81"...where can you pick up a soldering iron, and any recommendations on how to use it to "burn it in"? I'm new to the custom game, so I'm not really up to par, in terms of the terminology!
[/url]​

a soldering iron from any hardware store or a woodburner(better) from an art store. i dont live in the us but ive no idea about names of stores but im sure if you ask for a woodburner/ woodengraver they will point you in the right direction.

michaels carries a pretty decent woodburning pen (its not the best...) and it comes with multiple tips

Back
Top Bottom