School me on John Wall

I don't follow high school bball.... i somewhat follow college but only during march.  I keep seeing dude's name every time a topic about the Nets comes up.  I checked his youtube highlights.... but I'm not gonna judge a player from that... (you can make Sasha Vujajic highlights with good music and make peeps think he's a superstar, lol)

Judging from the highlights, he's very athletic... very d-rose or steve francis esque

But what about his PG skills? decision making, passing, handles, etc...

BEAST........nuff said
pimp.gif

take what is being said with a grain of salt

he's not gona come in and have a LeBron type impact.

He's a great talent in a draft that won't have a clear cut #2 behind him, i dont wana say it's enhancing his status right now, but it's not hurting it.

he just needs to improve in the half court and still work on his jumper. He will be a star, but immediately change a teams fortunes? idk yet

I remeber Ric Bucher or Chad ford saying he was better than Deron Williams is right now...kid is good, sure fire all-star, but I'm not ready to crown him the next best thing yet

I personally wouldnt trade for Chris Paul if I had the right to him.
Like for real. New Orleans gets that pick they have to trade Paul
Not that im sure Wall is going to be better than Paul, but if half way through the season Wall shows he can run the point and be a stud, you got to go try and win. and your best option long term isnt with Paul, in that situation.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

take what is being said with a grain of salt

he's not gona come in and have a LeBron type impact.

He's a great talent in a draft that won't have a clear cut #2 behind him, i dont wana say it's enhancing his status right now, but it's not hurting it.

he just needs to improve in the half court and still work on his jumper. He will be a star, but immediately change a teams fortunes? idk yet
yeah, this is what i wanted to know.. like how good he is on the half court.  judging from the youtube highlights, i saw just one jumpshot
laugh.gif
  Didn't even know he was right handed
eek.gif
  Because all his dunks and lay-ups were like 90% left handed
eek.gif
    Sick highlights though... i am impressed

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I remeber Ric Bucher or Chad ford saying he was better than Deron Williams is right now...
And that's 100% certifiable B S

Kid is good, but he's gonna have an adjustment period and people will talk about how overrated he is like they were Derrick Rose...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I remeber Ric Bucher or Chad ford saying he was better than Deron Williams is right now...
And that's 100% certifiable B S
Believe me those clowns were never respectable in the first place
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Not that im sure Wall is going to be better than Paul, but if half way through the season Wall shows he can run the point and be a stud, you got to go try and win. and your best option long term isnt with Paul, in that situation.

fmv341.jpg

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

I'm not ready to crown him the next best thing yet.
I AM.  I personally think there is a very good chance he will be the best PG on the planet in 4-5 years.

so CP3,Dwilliams,Drose and Rondo will retire from the NBA by then?

im agree with most of what allen said and add i think he will be more of a scoring point guard in the NBA then been a TRUE PG

and i'd have to agree with what allen said up there.  he's turning the ball over more than you would like...but he's on pace to set the all-time single season assists record at UK (he just took the freshman record and has set the single game record.)

gutsy...killer instinct too.  been huge late in a lot of games.

his #'s across the board right now are all better than what Rose did at memphis, minus rebounding...for what it's worth.

high ceiling.

and mike, i'd have to say he's a true nba pg who can score.

He's very similar to Rose...

And I think he's a legitimate point...

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

fmv341.jpg

didn't you say Siva was better?
laugh.gif

but what he's saying is the same idea that i've read many times over...whoever has that #1 pick, no matter what, is drafting Wall.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

fmv341.jpg
If they cant work together, you would trade Paul, provided Wall is a stud.

Am I crazy or isnt No having financial problems. Until they can get the Peja , and Mo Pete contracts off the books the best bet is to trade Paul and get rid of one of those contracts.

Your telling me a team with no cap space, doesnt say you know what we will take Peja and Paul, give you 2 first rounders in 2011 and 2013 unprotected and give you a piece you need to win.

Im sorry but Wall, West, and a legit number 2 can win with that squad.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

He's very similar to Rose...

And I think he's a legitimate point...

I dont know if hes a legit point. I think that were going to have to see. Cause I thought Rose is a legit point, and he really isnt.

im not sure how many of yall remember jason kidd when he was at cal, but that is the vibe i get when i watch john wall play. better athlete not as great of a passer, but the buzz is same.

One of them ESPN dudes today said he has the most upside of any prospect in the last 10 years not named Lebron James or Dwight Howard

I see DRose and Wall fighting for 1a and 1b among pg's in a few years. 

And that Wall is like DRose in the sense that he will best serve his team by looking aggressively for his points.  He is a combo guard, a scorer like Rose but I think he will be a better playmaker. 

Back
Top Bottom