Scorsese's "Cape Fear" Appreciation...

2i29e2s.jpg

mblpa0.jpg

2itpzb8.jpg

vh83nm.jpg

Watched it the other day for the first time in like 10 years...

When Scorsese's name comes up on NT I rarely see this movie mentioned, but damn this was a helluva flick.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

Yeah, I just watched it On Demand last week. It's a nice ode to Hitchcock.

laugh.gif
On Demand for me too.

A nice ode to Hitchcock indeed...

And Juliette Lewis did her damn thing in here...what ever happened to her?

She's been in a lot of movies. I think she's also in a band, or at least she was. During the opening credits I was thinking, "Wow, this isincredibly Hitchcocky." Then I saw they were done by Saul Bass, who did Hitchcock's credits. Then they ended and the film opens with an eye, and I hada sneaking suspicion that there would be a lot of similarities. My two favorite directors and De Niro with a Southern accent.
laugh.gif
What more could I ask for?

This is the only De Niro/Scorsese combination I haven't seen. I'm gonna have to check it out this week on demand.

Bumping this because I saw it for the first time today. Awesome movie. I didn't know the Simpsons parodied this with Sideshow Bob
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NYelectric

Yeah, I just watched it On Demand last week. It's a nice ode to Hitchcock.
scoresese actually references many film directors in his work. he is just as much a film historian/theorist as he is a film maker. he usestechniques from older generations and molded them together (in a sense) to make his own innovative style. i love this guy.

Juliette Lewis
devil.gif

"Richie? Would you do me a favor and eat my @##*% for me? Please?"

Back
Top Bottom