SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

I work Saturday's, but I really want to call out sick. Problem is it's going to screw somebody over. Wish they had gotten the Sunday game.

Is anyone in here afraid of Dallas? I feel like they’ll limit Zeke and force Dak to pass and it’s gonna be a wrap

This team has proven they can hang with the best in the league. They just need to avoid the slow start as they're known to getting into, especially in the playoffs.

Got my co-worker to cover my shift tomorrow. Kinda surprised he did. I would have been too preoccupied with checking the live updates and risk f'ing something up at work.

My prediction is that the Hawks are winning tonight, I just have this strange confidence about it. It’ll be a one score game and I just see the ball in Russ’ hands for the final drive.

Regardless, this season has been a blast. For the first time ever, I’ve actually have been marking their record weekly on a poster schedule at work, and when I marked the Week 17 W against AZ on the schedule I looked all the way back up to Week 1 and just smiled while shaking my head. As a fan, I want this W bad but I can’t help but be content a bit about where the squad is at currently.

I know the term “house money” has been used but I don’t believe that term accurately reflects this team in its current situation. “House money” indicates something was given to you without you doing anything to gain it (sort of like luck), but this team balled out and earned everything. One can argue they even let some wins slip away. Bennett traded, Sherm gone, SI article about Russ, Earl out early, along with so many other potentially distracting things, and yet these guys went out and balled the heck out.

The optimistic “Win Forever” rah rah culture that so many pundits and credits loved bashing when the team was down, it still exists and is brewing into another volume of Hawks players thanks to a combination of veteran players, consistent coaching philosophy, and a stable front office. The Seahawks are far from perfect, but they’re a lot farther than being futile or “rebuilding.” They’re not the class of the NFC, or even of the NFC West currently, but they remain relevant and respected.

As a fan of this franchise for almost three decades of my life, and experiencing so much of nothing in regards to success, I feel really fortunate in the past decade being a fan of this team. Thanks to Paul Allen, Mike Holmgren, Pete Carroll, John Schneider, and most importantly all of the past and current players that put Seattle on the map of the football world.

Cheers and Go Hawks.

Cant wait for tonight, only about an hour out. Watching the game in Ballard with a buddy. I think if they get a turnover or two and contain Dak they get the W.

Go Hawks! Really is fun to look back at lots of folks counting them out after the 0-2 and then 4-5 starts this season.

We ready. Go Hawks.

47241FAD-536D-430F-B83E-35A7E9F56314.jpeg

Coaches played themselves tonight

Sad part is it won't change moving forward

So were just stuck with it and hopefully they can out athlete teams in the future

Good season though, they did better than I expected

Being that midway through this season, I really didn't know what to think about this team, but with them finishing strong, this loss was pretty ****ty.

That 3rd and long and letting Dak run for it sucked too but overall outside of that and the Zeke 40+ run I cant knock much of the defense

Well maybe Shaq getting picked on

Team as a whole had 73 yards total. Can’t conplain too much about calls, offense didn’t take advantage of that turnover in the end zone. Sucks to go out like this, but bad habits come to light in January.

No play calling creativity. Defense gave us a chance to win it with that INT. Which turned into a horrible possession. Absolutely dumb penalty by Fluker. He knew it too. As soon as he did it, he turned around to look at the ref.

It was a great season considering what little talent people thought this team had. Guys stepped up and at least now we know who the new core is. Nice seeing guys like Clark and Reed step up. Offense didn't show up today except for little sparks. Defense did what it could, but ran out of gas. ST has been terrible the past 2 games.

Need to grab a kicker during the off season.

Back
Top Bottom