SECRETS REVEALED: HOW TO TAKE AMAZING PHOTOS VIA SMARTPHONE!

What's up NT?

I have acquired a lot of PM's about what camera do I use to take the pictures I post (primarily in the JB forum).

So I thought I'd make a thread about it.

For starters, I ONLY use my iPhone 4S!

No other camera.

If you want to take pictures like this..

23k7ul2.png

Or this...

14jm5ac.png

Or even this..

fd6qfd.png

Keep reading.

As you can see, 99% of my photos are outside.

Outside is without a doubt THE BEST location for taking photos.

This method is best with a SMARTPHONE. If you have a DSLR, then you don't really need to worry about location.

The reason why the pictures come out so crisp is for 2 main reasons:

1) Outside provides the natural looking photos. Sunlight always beats synthetic light. Trust me.

2) MP. MP = Megapixles. If I'm not mistaken, the iPhone 4S is 8MP. This allows the photo to be extra clear when you blow up the picture. Most smartphones nowadays are at least 8MP.

But the REAL secret to how MY pictures come out flawless is because of 3 edit techniques:

1) Brighten / Curve
2) Auto-Enhance
3) Sharpen
EDIT: I also put my watermark on my photos since some people steal pics and act like its their own. :smh:

But that's it! I use a website/program (PM me if you would like to know which) that does these 3 things for me.

Its a little fee, but I believe its well worth it. Not just for HIGH quality photos, but for your enjoyment.

Most people that I know find it hard to believe that every photo I post is from my phone, but I can assure you it is!

If you have any other questions such as how to take good looking indoor photos such as this:

2zid1mr.png

Or any other questions regarding PICTURE TAKING TECHNIQUES (distance, shadows, etc.), feel free to comment here.

I hope this helps.

2013 will bring a lot of amazing kicks, which in turn will lead to amazing pictures.

Also, if you want to request a picture such as sneakers together (assuming I have the sneakers of course), ask away!

I have hundreds and hundreds of pictures on my phone that I can show you all if you'd want to see them!

All other inquiries, ask here, and try to keep the comments on topic.

Thank you!

FDH

Last edited:
Good advice for any pictures really. Good lighting is always the most important thing

I mean...

I thought those were sorta obvious?

Camera+ and PicsPlay Pro, either app will do you fine, PicsPlay has more options though.

I understand these sorts of things are common knowledge, but every time I post new pics, people always ask what kind of camera I use and how the pictures look like this.

I don't know. Thought this would be helpful to some.

Just trying to share some info to those who seek it, is all.

I'm pretty sure there's folks this will help and hopefully influence the way they take pictures.

Thank you.

But the REAL secret to how MY pictures come out flawless is because of 3 edit techniques:

1) Brighten / Curve
2) Auto-Enhance
3) Sharpen

you're kidding, right?

Your secret to taking amazing photos is that you take photos with proper lighting, and then put them into post-processing? How is this a secret?

If you're trying to help people, tell them the name of the service that you use, instead of telling them to PM you and act like you're withholding such a valuable piece of information. Any basic photo editing software can do all three things you've just named.

Last edited:
ill be the one to crash this bash party.

thanks for the info. i dont know diddly about takin pics so I didnt know post processing actually was important. I always thought that all that post processing stuff (auto-enhance) with iPhoto, etc just messed with the original photo.

also, I'm rocking a Point and Shoot and I hate how fake flash makes alot of my pics look.

I know you all can tell me to do more research about taking better pics, but if I didn't, then at the very least, this is enough good advice for me.

I have a secret way to be a millionaire. Guys PM me if you're interested and ill make a thread.

2) MP. MP = Megapixles. If I'm not mistaken, the iPhone 4S is 8MP. This allows the photo to be extra clear when you blow up the picture. Most smartphones nowadays are at least 8MP.

You just lost all credibility when you said that. Advertisers must love you!

Fam, the fact that they crammed so many MPs into such a small camera is never a good thing, bruh...

Using lots of MPs as a sales pitch is just a way to take advantage if those that don't know, time to go back to the drawing board bro.

Clean shots for someone who only uses an iPhone though...you definately have a good understanding for light, which is most important.

Back
Top Bottom