See, this is why I hate eBay...

eBay these days. 
mean.gif

Anytime I buy a pair of DS shoes, I look for the listings that say "never tried on" instead of the ones that simply say something like "DS still in box."

I just feel better knowing they weren't on someone else's foot prior to being sold.  With all these BS "photoshoots" and things like that, you can never be too sure.

I feel your pain, OP.  Similar thing happened to me a month ago.  Dude claimed they were worn because the MESH toebox was creased, like mesh is supposed to be crispy and non-malleable.
laugh.gif
  He also claimed that there were dirt marks on the soles, which were nothing more than production remnants.  The clincher is that my pics clearly showed the toebox wrinkles and the marks on the soles.  He was also adamant that because I stuffed them with some Bounty paper towel that they were clearly worn.  All I was doing was trying help maintain the shape of the shoe during shipping, much like most sneaker manufacturers do with cardboard shoe trees, tissue paper, etc.  This particular pair came unstuffed from Puma.  

So he asks for a full refund.  I told him no because they're brand new.  He files a claim through eBay and my Paypal account is immediately negative for the amount he paid.  After a few days of going back and forth, I agreed that he'll get refunded 3 days after I receive the shoes, per Paypal's policy--note that I never said that I personally would refund him.  So I get them back and he immediately starts messaging me about a refund.  I never replied.  In the meantime, I reported all my cards attached to that Paypal account as stolen.  Got a new bank account number too.  After a few days eBay sided in his favor and issued him a refund which basically confirmed the negative status of my account.  They then tried to charge my cards and bank but got refused.  
laugh.gif

So my Paypal account is now $90 in the red and my eBay account is suspended.  But I sold the shoes again a few weeks later for more than the initial sale, and I'm using my wife's Paypal account to sell outside of eBay.  
nthat.gif
laugh.gif
  Not even sweating the $90 because this is the SECOND time eBay/Paypal has got me with someone abusing the buyer protection BS.  The first time happened years ago and there isn't a peep about it on any of my credit reports, nor have they done anything to come after me for the money.  So yeah, **** eBay and their buyer protection/guaranteed return nonsense.  

I honestly LOL at some of the messages I get weekly, and I only sell a few shoes at a time. My favorite ones are the tough guys who come at me with a low ball offer through Paypal and try and make me feel guilty for selling at my price OR the ones who act like they are the only offer I received and I better accept it fast or else...

"Deez been worn mah dude?"

After buyer wins auction - "Imma pay you in like 15 days after I get paid. Cool?"

"My son got a hold of my eBay account. I will not be paying for these. Sell to someone else"

5 minutes after they pay - "What's the tracking number? When will you ship? How will you ship? How long will it take to get here? You paid for insurance, right?"

"I bid and don't want them anymore. Cancel my bid now, I will not pay if I win."

I won't front, I'm grimey nowadays, I don't care about feedback anymore. I can afford a few negatives, it's no big deal. NO refunds NO MATTER WHAT. If they say I suck as a seller, I hit 'em with "I'm not Macy's customer service, I sell on eBay as a side job. If you wanted better customer service, you should have bought them from a real store." I'm tired of the BS, no damns are given anymore. The last few years have really been bad for sellers.

I reported it right away.

And he got arrested, got bail and skipped. :smh:

He took a ton of stuff, an Xbox, games, dvds, shoes, a watch, a backpack

But I thought it was my roommate or his brother (he moved out suddenly while I was on vaca and his brother was a meth head trying to go straight). So the cops were trying to track him down. So it was kinda a surprise to me and the cops didn't know what to make of it at first. They searched his house, only thing he kept was the Xbox, numbers matched.

Never got anything back except the Jams and a pair of Eggplant Foams.

Line up of kicks I lost:
Penny 1 Black Orlando, DS
Penny 2 Atlantic, DS
Foamposite Pro, Black NDS
Jordan 11 Concord, DS
Kobe 1 Away, DS
Lebron 2s, Grey
Jordan 7 Bordeux, NDS
Jordan 12 Nubuck, NDS, 1st retro

Dude - I never heard of anything this crazy - I repped you just for that. I feel bad for you man. For the thief to cause you grief twice?! Sheesh. I'd want his head and brainstem hanging from my back porch.

But on topic, eBay sucks and will continue to suck for sellers until they have a viable competitor.

Last edited:
This case is ********.

From the bottom up.

[table][tr][td]The buyer has responded to you.[/td][td]Mar 17, 2014 at 1:14 PM[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
Buyer's message:

"No, you didn't say "Wipe them off", but by saying that "The dirt is removable" you are implying for me to just wipe them off and clean it myself and that the issue is dismissible. I included a snapshot of that message. What you said inferred for me to clean up the shoes myself. Midsole or Sole, I am referring to all of the same things. There is dirt on the sole and they have clearly touched the floor in some way prior to their arrival that is for certain. Again, I contacted you the same day they arrived after I had opened the package and inspected the shoes. They were never worn, nor unlaced. Again, for $375, I expect these shoes to be in the upmost pristine condition and these shoes are anything but. I suppose we are at an impasse and should let ebay decide. So I will let this case run through to when I can open a claim and allow ebay to decide. Thank you"
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]You have responded to the buyer.[/td][td]Mar 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
Your message to the buyer:

"The shoes were brand new and in pristine condition when I sent them to you. The scuff described was not on the shoe when it was in my possession, if it had been it would have said so in the description. The shoe was stored in the box, and it was only taken out and placed on top for a picture. Prior to this, you claimed that there was dirt on the sole, you never mentioned that there was dirt on the midsole as you do now, which contradicts your statement. Furthermore, I never told you to "wipe it off" as you claimed I did, you made that part up. You clearly wore them and then decided that you do not want them and you are now asking for a refund. I will not give you a refund unless eBay decides in your favor. "
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]The buyer has responded to you.[/td][td]Mar 17, 2014 at 9:35 AM[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
Buyer's message:

"I contacted the seller the same day the shoes were delivered asking for an explaination and resolution. The shoes clearly were on the ground prior to me recieving them due to the dirt that was accumulated on the sole. In no way did I ever wear them, or even try them on. The seller even aknowledges that there was dirt on the midsole and told me to 'wipe it off' when I explained the matter to him. I have uploaded a picture of the scuff to detail the damage. Again, I am please asking for a complete refund of shipping and cost of the shoes plus the cost of sending the item back to the seller. Thank you."
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]You have responded to the buyer.[/td][td]Mar 17, 2014 at 4:33 AM[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
Your message to the buyer:

"The shoes were brand new when I sent them. The original paper was still inside the shoes and the shoes had not been laced. There were no scuff marks or scratches or dirt of any kind as the shoes had been stored in its original box since they were bought from the retailer, Eastbay. It is probable that the dust accumulated during shipping, if it accumulated at all. It seems likely that the buyer wore the shoes, made scuff marks and scratches, put them back in the box, and now wants a refund."
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]The buyer opened a case:  Item doesn't match the description[/td][td]Mar 17, 2014 at 1:15 AM[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
The case details:

The buyer says the item doesn't match the description.

The buyer paid on Mar 11, 2014.

The item is defective or broken
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Additional information:

"The item I received had scratches along the midsole and had dirt and dust on the bottom sole. There is one major scuff in particular that could have only occurred if the shoes were worn prior. The seller acknowledges that there was dirt and told me that I could wipe the soles down. I offered to resolve this issue through a partial refund but the seller refuses to work with me on this issue. I am requesting a full refund with the cost of sending the item back covered as well. Thank You."
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
The buyer requested:

A refund. The refund amount includes the purchase price plus original shipping.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Transaction information:

While the buyer's case is open, the funds from this transaction, including the purchase price and shipping, are not available for withdrawal.
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Isn't this fool gonna wear the shoes anyway? What is all this "the shoes look like they touched the floor" I mean he's the fool that paid $375 for a pair of gym shoes in the first place IMO

I listed a pair of electric blue foams nds, got a message saying 35$ shipped, got another for a whopping 25$ shipped ppl are the worst

Anybody have advice? I have 100% positive feedback, and one single negative can ruin my eBay selling career (not sure if this is a bad thing in the long run, it seems...)

If you have pictures in your auction of the heel without the scuff you might be able to win. Otherwise, these days ebay is just forcing refunds, they dont care who was right or wrong or what the evidence is. A buyer is unhappy, he gets his money back 9 times out of 10 regardless of the reason. Oh and what I recently learned is that if 0.4% or more of your transactions in the last 12 months result in ebay having to step in on a dispute, you're suspended for 30 days minimum. I was suspended for having 4 disputes out of over 1100 transactions. The 4th dispute was a package lost by the post office, didnt matter.

Can you elaborate on this? Does that mean disputes that people made against you, or does it also include disputes you made with others?

You're at his mercy to be honest. Your beat bet is to get them back
Yep.

With eBay's new guaranteed return policy, the buyer WILL get a refund whether you issue it or Paypal/eBay does.  For any reason they can open a claim and 99.9% of the time, eBay will rule in their favor.  Hell, I provided the exact pictures from my auction that showed the **** the buyer was complaining about clear as day and they STILL ruled in his favor.  

Get your shoes back and take the L.  He'll get refunded either way, whether you do it or when eBay rules in his favor.  Out of spite, I didn't refund him and let the claim run its course which made him wait about a week after I got them back to get his money back.  

I got lucky because the buyer never left me feedback, so if I ever do decide to pay up and sell again I'm good on the feedback front.  Probably won't sell there again though....at least not sneakers. I've never had a problem with any other items besides kicks....go figure.  

Honestly have never run into that problem in my 10 years of selling shoes. I think at that point it's just a loss on your part man

Oh, and there is no way in HELL I'd pay for the shipping costs back to me.  That just adds insult to injury.  
laugh.gif

Anybody have advice? I have 100% positive feedback, and one single negative can ruin my eBay selling career (not sure if this is a bad thing in the long run, it seems...)

one single negative won't ruin anything :lol: some fool got

mad and gave me negative feedback and i've still been able

to sell stuff just fine.

Isn't this fool gonna wear the shoes anyway? What is all this "the shoes look like they touched the floor" I mean he's the fool that paid $375 for a pair of gym shoes in the first place IMO
Was thinking this too. $375 
sick.gif

I don't know who to belive.

Maybe OP didnt see the scuff,he did hid that part of the shoe in his auction pictures so that is suspect

Also i seen people create mutilple paypals and ebay accounts and basically decorate their house free of charge thanks to ebay and the sellers

I listed a pair of electric blue foams nds, got a message saying 35$ shipped, got another for a whopping 25$ shipped ppl are the worst
:rofl: shipping alone costs close to that in some cases

Damn man this sucks. :rolleyes This is why ebay has the rep it does though. Can't trust the people on it, and you can't trust ebay to back you up as a seller. Just in the few months i've been selling I haven't had any issues with the buyers (Save one dude that purchased the shoes, and then said he didn't mean to purchase them. :smh: :smh: ***** so you just happened to bid for a straight day on these kicks you didn't want? Ok bruh.) Since day one though i've been afraid of something like this happening and have done my best to avoid it by checking the buyer out.

Last edited:
more of this going on and hopefully will discourage folks from buying up entire stock of shoes, or multiple pairs even if not their size, just to resell. get resellers shook that a buyer can waste their time and that small profit just isnt worth it forthose hours and time to get more than one pair that aint even your size.

but yea ebay sucks fro sellers now

eBay and the monopoly they have with Paypal sucks so bad.  Their policies are so nonsensical that I've just given up this point though I still have some high value items I want to sell, mostly not sneakers and I've noticed it seems to be worse with sneakers than anything else.

Pretty much this.

I wouldn't even think twice about selling high priced items on eBay.

I feel like it's only sneakers where you have this issue because ppl are willing to be scum so that they can stunt on IG or w/e.

I did business w/ some dude selling hockey jerseys a while back that had like 15k transactions w/ perfect feedback.

I bought like $1200 worth of jerseys and dude didn't get sig confirmation so I was kinda shocked.

I ended up msg him and telling him to get sig confirmation on anything over $250 so he's covered and dude told me he's never had an issue.

Pretty amazing.

I know damn well if that dude were to sell a $1200 sneaker w/o sig confirmation, that buyer is filing a dispute immediately and winning every single time.

Unfortunately for you OP, I think you should just give him a partial refund unless you want some scuffed up kicks and -355 In your account, because you're gonna lose this case 99/100.

They always side w/ buyers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much this.

I wouldn't even think twice about selling high priced items on eBay.

I feel like it's only sneakers where you have this issue because ppl are willing to be scum so that they can stunt on IG or w/e.

I did business w/ some dude selling hockey jerseys a while back that had like 15k transactions w/ perfect feedback.

I bought like $1200 worth of jerseys and dude didn't get sig confirmation so I was kinda shocked.

I ended up msg him and telling him to get sig confirmation on anything over $250 so he's covered and dude told me he's never had an issue.

Pretty amazing.

I know damn well if that dude were to sell a $1200 sneaker w/o sig confirmation, that buyer is filing a dispute immediately and winning every single time.

Unfortunately for you OP, I think you should just give him a partial refund unless you want some scuffed up kicks and -355 In your account, because you're gonna lose this case 99/100.

They always side w/ buyers.
Yeah, seeing how much he wants for a partial refund. Keep in mind that Kobe 9 Allstars in this condition still go for over $315, there's barely anything wrong with the shoe...

Back
Top Bottom