Selling Sneakers Tips

I've got a bunch of shoes I wanna sell, but never did it before. Tips? PayPal tips? How to avoid chargebacks, scams, and annoying situations?

put them on eBay for the price you want but make it buy it now with immediate payment

people will email you with straight paypal offers; give them your # to send texts so eBay doesn't block back and forth emails

put them on eBay for the price you want but make it buy it now with immediate payment

people will email you with straight paypal offers; give them your # to send texts so eBay doesn't block back and forth emails
You think Ebay is better than just listing them here?

Post a bunch of pics.

If the shoes are used, make sure you undersell them. It's better to exceed expectations than to fall short of them.

Only ship to confirmed addresses, and add signature confirmation if it's over $250. If you do this everytime, you will never have an issue with chargebacks.

The most annoying problem you will run into is non paying bidders. To avoid this, simply list your items as "buy it now" and make sure immediate payment is checked off. You won't get as much for each item, but it'll be less of a headache.

If you live in a somewhat big city, you should be able to find a box manufacturer. When I was selling off my kicks, I found a place locally that sold me boxes for around .75 a piece per very bundle of 25. You want to get them 16 x 10 x 6.

Last edited:

This.

BIN for the price you want for your shoes + add in a 10% upcharge to cover the 3% paypal takes and also the approx 7% in Ebay Final value fees you'll have to pay.
Require immediate payment so you dont have people win your auction and then they wait until they get paid hella days later.

Dont allow "Best offers" youre just opening yourself up for lowballers to hit you up with derisory offers.

Dont ship internationally. Its not worth the hassle even with Ebay's global shipment program imo.

Only ship to confirmed addresses.

Use USPS Large flat rate boxes to make it so you dont have to worry about calculate individual shipping charges and you can just print out the label via Paypal then you don't even have to wait in line at the PO. Just box them up at home and drop them off.

Best of luck man.

( btw most of this stuff is just boxes to check or uncheck when filling out the auction listing info, once you get the hang of it its pretty easy)

Last edited:
I wouldn't sell on eBay until you really do some research and understand the risk. As a seller, if someone really wanted to and was smart enough (it's not even hard) they could scam you. No matter what advice people give, precautions,etc. due to their buyer protection policy, it's a bit dangerous. Like someone said earlier, eBay is a buyers market, same goes with paypal payments.

I personally prefer local meet ups with CL and facebook groups over shipping unless it's someone with high feedback on eBay or very reputable.

Selling is a pain man the best advice is don't sell anything and only buy what you are going to keep and use. I wish I could follow my own advise.

maybe im fortunate

ive never had problems with ebay

an ive always made profit

unloading a massive collection is diff story

Last edited:
eBay sucks.

It's a buyers market.

Go to FC if their dead stock.
dont
Thanks guys. I'd prefer to do it off Ebay tbh. Are there any sneaker sites that take everything at once and offer me a bulk price? Willing to explore all options.
where are you located OP. 

id email RIF with a complete list and pictures if possible. they will cash you out

ive never dealt with them in regards to large quantities, so you  might get a better response time as opposed to the lames who ***** and complain about them regarding their recently release GR's

NY some stuff is worn a few times. Not much DS stuff, but most stuff is in good condition.
I wouldn't be against making less just to get them all out at once, just as long as I'm not getting hit over the head to move it in bulk.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I'd prefer to do it off Ebay tbh. Are there any sneaker sites that take everything at once and offer me a bulk price? Willing to explore all options.
9.5 10 :nerd:

:smh: i wear a 9. Goodluck though.

If you have facebook join some of the groups and throw em on there. I usually move most of my shoes on the SC Marketplace. I just throw em on there and wait for someone to text me.

Last edited:
I've been fortunate, only one experience with a scammer and PayPal ruled in my favor. Honestly, the risk is the same whether you sell on eBay or on here/SC. As long as it's not face to face, you're gonna be at risk for scamming.

I've been fortunate, only one experience with a scammer and PayPal ruled in my favor. Honestly, the risk is the same whether you sell on eBay or on here/SC. As long as it's not face to face, you're gonna be at risk for scamming.

People scam in person too. With the holiday season here more people will be trying it.

List the shoes everywhere you can. Craigslist, NT, social media etc unless the shoes are limited or more recent they won't move quickly unless you sell them for dirt cheap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom