Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure!!!!!! YES

What exactly is the benefit of bringing them over here? Guantanamo abuse (as far as I know) doesn't occur anymore.

on the one hand im saddened because this would have been political suicide for obama if it passed ... but the more important issue is that we got it right, andkept these %#%!*@% out in [Mike Tyson] Bolivian [/Mike Tyson] ...

but things like "a major rebuke to President Barack Obama" and "Obama is scheduled to give a major address Thursday outlining in more detail hisplans for Guantanamo, but it's already clear that many in Congress have little appetite for bringing detainees to U.S. soil" have to crush theobamarons ...

i hope to god he doesnt get re-elected ...

Don't worry folks, they are closing it down anyways. If not this year it will be next year. Why do I say that you ask? Because everyone in the senate saysit will be closed, we need a more complex plan.

And by the way, they will not be given "welfare", they will not roam the American streets, those found innocent (there are some) will not be releasedin th U.S., those found guilty will be released into SuperMax prisons not state prisons and there are already people in Montana and Michigan who say they willtake the detainees because their town and state need the money.

By the way in SuperMax we hold Zacarias Moussaoui (part of 9/11), Theodore Kaczynski (Unabomber), Robert Hanssen (spied against U.S. for the USSR and was atraitor), Terry Nichols (other OK City Bomber), Richard Colvin Reid (shoe bomber), and held Timothy James McVeigh until he got lethal injection.

No escapes and no attempts

In SuperMax, prisoners are generally allowed out of their cells for only one hour a day; often they are kept in solitary confinement. They receive their mealsthrough ports, also known as "chuck holes," in the doors of their cells. When Supermax inmates are allowed to exercise, this may take place in asmall, enclosed area where the prisoner will exercise alone.

Prisoners are under constant surveillance, usually with closed-circuit television cameras. Cell doors are usually opaque, while the cells may be windowless.Conditions are spartan, with poured concrete or metal furniture common. Often cell walls, and sometimes plumbing, are soundproofed to prevent communicationbetween the inmates.

Your argument is flawed.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Obama didn't have a clue what he was doing when he made the pledge to close it back in January.... now he's had to backpedal to the correct decision....

And if he decides to push for it to be closed anyway..... well HIS loss.... the country DOES NOT support any damn terrorists coming into this country. They've taken polls on it already showing this.

Also it'd be America's loss when some of them get released seeing as a good % that have been released are already back to fighting for Al-Qaedah

Yes 1 of 7. Lindsey Graham says 1 of 10.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Yes 1 of 7.

AND THATS 1 TOO +!+$%*+ MANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i never get people that think like that ... just boggles my mind

GRAHAM: HOLDING TERRORISTS IN U.S. OK, JUST NOT IN SOUTH CAROLINA.

Speaking to reporters after today's torture hearing, Sen. Lindsey Graham was asked whether he was OK with terrorists being held in amilitary prison. Graham said yes, and then paused for a moment. "I'm not volunteering South Carolina," he said with a laugh. Convicted terroristAli Saleh Kahlah al-Marri was held at the Naval Consolidated Brig in Charleston for six years.

Graham also indicated support for revised military commissions that the Obama administration is reportedly considering. When asked whether or not it would taketoo much time to pass a new law outlining the commissions, Graham said, "We can do this fairly quickly, frankly."

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Originally Posted by Essential1

Yes 1 of 7.

AND THATS 1 TOO +!+$%*+ MANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i never get people that think like that ... just boggles my mind

I put 1 of 7 because he said a good % implying it was like 60%-70% which is how I took it.

The reason they turn to fighting us is because of the way we treated them. Not all people in Gitmo are guilty.

man forreal save it ... all that "its because of how we treat them" $%*!#+%@ is getting old ... im sory im just sick of it ... its always bushsfault, its always how we treat others, its always everyone other than the !!!@+*% themselves ...

all these people screaming for equal rights for al qaeda prisoners and fair trials for terrorists and all that is hogwash ... i pray to god this %##%# regimedoesnt let someone out and they end up $$##### us up ... smh

LilStarZ07 wrote:
man forreal save it ... all that "its because of how we treat them" $%*!#+%@ is getting old ... im sory im just sick of it ... its always bushs fault, its always how we treat others, its always everyone other than the !!!@+*% themselves ...

all these people screaming for equal rights for al qaeda prisoners and fair trials for terrorists and all that is hogwash ... i pray to god this %##%# regime doesnt let someone out and they end up $$##### us up ... smh

Naw man you save it. You confused me with a crazy liberal who wants to throw "blood" on fur coats instead of a liberal who is much much much muchmuch smarter than you. I didn't call for them to have equal rights or a trial similar to U.S. citizens. If they are guilty they will be found guilty, throwaway the circumstantial evidence and go on real evidence they will be guilty and serve 3 life sentences in jail. If they are innocent (we do have those also,read up on it) they need to be released. Not in the United States but if they are innocent they need to be let go. We can't hold suspected criminals for 40years.

We also can't hold people indefinitely and not bring charges in 6 years. If they are let go, you sure as hell can blame Bush for detaining the wrongperson.

So when we picked up a taxi driver who wasn't a terrorist and we literally tortured him to death, and the interrogators even said "We knew hewasn't a terrorist and didn't know anything" THAT IS BUSH'S FAULT.

And when we literally torture people to get a link between Al-Qeda and Iraq, that is nonexistent and only done for political reasons. You sure as hell canblame Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld.

So pardon me for actually understanding what will turn a person against us, and a normal civilian into a terrorist. I believe Waterboarding, Sleep Deprivation,Humiliation, other forms of harsh treatment and false detention for 6+ would be that.

If this were to be widely reported about Americans you would flip out and go damnit and be angry (rightfully so), but when it happens to Muslim prospectedterrorists you go ok it's cool. So if you don't want them to do it to our soldiers, the best chance to keeping that from happening is not doing it totheirs.

Also shame yourself for not acknowledging that torture has done us no good, and %@#% Cheney is lying his @*% off to you.

I'd rather have them moved to America and denied access to any terrorist cell, than have them released to wherever they want to go and have access toterrorist cells.

I also find it funny which states have come out in opposition of having terrorists in their jails. Because as you know terrorists want to take down the stateof South Carolina.

You really think that Guantanamo is it?

Guantanamo was for media attention. It backfired, but it still served its purpose to divert attention from the secret facilities where the real grime timehappens.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Obama didn't have a clue what he was doing when he made the pledge to close it back in January.... now he's had to backpedal to the correct decision....

And if he decides to push for it to be closed anyway..... well HIS loss.... the country DOES NOT support any damn terrorists coming into this country. They've taken polls on it already showing this.

Also it'd be America's loss when some of them get released seeing as a good % that have been released are already back to fighting for Al-Qaedah

Yessssssir

Originally Posted by General Johnson

You really think that Guantanamo is it?

Guantanamo was for media attention. It backfired, but it still served its purpose to divert attention from the secret facilities where the real grime time happens.
Glad someone touched on this.
Didnt some document leak last year that listed a few secret facilities in the world. I know one was in Ukraine or some other Eastern Bloc country.

Back
Top Bottom