September Wrestling Thread 2021

1632008021962-gif.2863163

There are large segments of the wrestling fandom who still aren't ready for that

See the folks who hate Kenny Omega and call him "sissy" because of the Golden Lovers stuff as an example
As a queer individual myself, the GL angle had been one of my favorites for a long time and made me more invested in Kenny than I would have normally ( even being a pretty huge nerd and weeb as well). It was a shame it never culminated in the ending it should/could have.

I am however happy that multiple wrestling companies, even the E, have finally embraced and allowed performers to be open and who they are AND not have it become a total part of their gimmick, instead letting it be just an aspect of their own identity.

Tommy Dreamer clearly has that "boys will be boys" mentality after seeing him defend and justify Ric Flair's inappropriate act with that flight attendant, which makes it even worse based on the fact he's clearly old enough to be able to know the differences between right and wrong.

It doesn't matter that Flair was being playful with that woman in his warped and f'd up mind, it's still a malicious act regardless.

Dreamer is ones of those types who will defend males no matter what they did wrong or how they wronged someone because he's biased with them being the same gender as him similar to how some ignorant females do the same as him just because they're females too. Wrong is wrong regardless even if the troublemaker is the same gender as yourself, so that's never a justification to defend them.

Reactions: 907
Tommy Dreamer clearly has that "boys will be boys" mentality after seeing him defend and justify Ric Flair's inappropriate act with that flight attendant, which makes it even worse based on the fact he's clearly old enough to be able to know the differences between right and wrong.

It doesn't matter that Flair was being playful with that woman in his warped and f'd up mind, it's still a malicious act regardless.

Dreamer is ones of those types who will defend males no matter what they did wrong or how they wronged someone because he's biased with them being the same gender as him similar to how some ignorant females do the same as him just because they're females too. Wrong is wrong regardless even if the troublemaker is the same gender as yourself, so that's never a justification to defend them.
You proposed a nazi gimmick not too long ago though.

You proposed a nazi gimmick not too long ago though.

Damn right, because it was for entertainment purposes to draw heel heat for a clown who was terrible in WCW with his asinine dancing gimmick. Wrestling history is littered with so many memorable villianous gimmicks.

But Ric Flair committing sexually inappropriate conduct with a woman on the job in the real world is just wrong.

I have to draw a line somehow.

Back
Top Bottom