Shaq=backstabber?

In a column in the Boston Globe Wednesday, Shaquille O'Neal trashed former Miami Heat teammates and his former coach Pat Riley while speaking about his move to the title-contending Phoenix Suns.

"We have professionals who know what to do," O'Neal said of playing for the Suns. "No one is asking meto play with Chris Quinn orRicky Davis. I'm actually on a teamagain."

Until Wednesday, most in the Heat organization had attempted to frame the Feb. 6 deal that sent O'Neal to Phoenix for forward Shawn Marion and guard Marcus Banks as a win-wintransaction, allowing O'Neal to remain in the playoff race and the Heat to begin to rebuild. However O'Neal's comments struck a chord with bothRiley and Davis.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"It's sad that he says those things," Riley said. "We shared so much here, together, for three years, good and bad, three and a halfyears. I just think it's sad that he's got to do that."

Davis initially downplayed the comment, saying, "You can't take stuff personally in the NBA. You'd go crazy." But with time to reflect, helater said, "It shows his true colors."

that's some scary *#!...if I were a bankteller and that walked into the bank...i'm running for the exit.

speaking of Marion, is he out for the year cuz somebody dropped him in my fantasy league today

The Big Missed Free Throw is the ultimate play when I wanna play player in the history of sports. He will only play hard when he thinks he can win or if hewants to get revenge on a former team or somebody who has talked about him. Dont get gassed phoenix, when Nash is finally slowed down by that back and the restof the league realize that they are letting bums like Raja and Diaw look like decent players you'll start to hate him too. Anytime anybody gets more shinethan h im (penny, Kobe, D-Wade) he'll turn his back. Enjoy the 30 games a year he plays for you and keep payin that 20+mil a year.

Back
Top Bottom