Shaq trade offical like referree with a whistle (Planet Orange in SHOCK)

I wonder how realistic it is that he could fail the physical? After all, isn't he injured right now? Like his hip or something?
Maybe the Dr. will see something.

1st Doctor: "Shaq has failed his physical."
Kerr: "Get a new doctor."
2nd Doctor with wads of cash in his pocket: "Shaq has passed his physical."
Kerr: "Congratulations Shaq, you're now a Phoenix Sun."

Originally Posted by thachosen123

hahaha damn ZO you don't think he'll make it?
laugh.gif

but really tho, this is a bad trade for PHX, i mean their whole run & gun style did major damage and is what made them a force, with Shawn gone they are now a half court team, and we all know if you can turn PHX into a half court team they are average

i just don't get this trade
grin.gif
Nash in the halfcourt = WEAK.... when Nash cant run gun and dish he turns into an average pg, and the west is full of elite guards

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Lets say, for the sake of argument, hypothetically speaking; What if Shaq wins a fifth ring with Phoenix?

What if?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Then he wins a 5th ring. Enough said.

But let's be serious here. Shaq isn't even dominant in the east this season. IN THE EAST FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Lets say, for the sake of argument, hypothetically speaking; What if Shaq wins a fifth ring with Phoenix?

What if?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

What if Shaq can't even make it to the playoffs????

Was that even the question I posed?

eyes.gif

This trade means more playing time for Boris Diaw. And that's a good thing for teams in the Western Conference.

Thank you, Steve Kerr.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

What if?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

What if Shaq can't even make it to the playoffs????

Was that even the question I posed?

eyes.gif

I know, but you already know what's going to happen with WHAT IF questions, so it's pointless.
And I edited my response, so check that for myanswer to your question.

the gasol trade helping us even more. giving up one of your best defender and rebounder for oliver miller redux.
roll.gif

But seriously, what the hell does phoenix want with him... I could understand if they were a half court team

Amare @ the 4 G. Hill @ the 3....both their natural positions..as a suns fan i knew we wouldnt make the finals, possibly not even the second/thirdround...amare can use that 13 footer now....

suns have less than 3 years to win a ship, if that.....why not shaq to help out...been there before..

no one was scared of amare...now he doesnt worry about playing down low and can focus on uppin his ppg.

The Suns would have been better off trying to ship Marion to Memphis for Gasol

I think this is a great deal for the Suns.

Shaq and Amare?

Seriously? You don't like that, Suns fans (NBAdotcom)?

Here's the thing: Nash is a play maker. Shaq has never really played with someone that could make plays FOR him; he's played with people that couldCOMPLIMENT his play-making abilities (Penny, Kobe, Wade, Payton), but he's never played with someone that could make a half ******ed center lookproductive.

Well, Shaq may be a shell of his former dominant self, but c'mon... be real... he's still quite a few steps above 'half ******ed'. Dude stillhas game, and Nash... does what? Nash makes your job EASIER.

EASIER.

Playing with Nash (or Kidd or Paul) means your job will not be as hard as it would be if you didn't play with Nash; that's PERFECT for a decliningShaq.

I think this is huge, and good for the Suns.

Critics always overestimate the age factor when it comes to people determined to win. For someone like Shawn Bradley, age plays a significant factor indetermining their ceiling; for blue-collar types, you can't factor age as much as your instincts tell you to..

Miami are making out like a thief in this trade. They can so much cap room if Marion opts out... Good move for Miami... Yet to see if this move will work forthe Suns. It's a make or break move for them.

If Shaq contributes and helps the Suns win a title I will be the first person to say how dumb I was and I'll be the only Laker fan at the parade.
But with the shape that Shaq is in right now winning the title would take a miracle.

Even ZoDogg knows how much this is going to hurt the Suns.

I think its a terrible trade, for the a slim chance to win right now, and destroying their future...
they still cant see the Lakers....
i cant wait till they play on the 20th

possible reasoning behind Kerr's thinking...he thinks Shaq can get it going when it comes playoff time.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=sk-shaq030707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

from last Marchl 07

O'Neal's on-switch By Steve Kerr, Yahoo! Sports March 7, 2007 Steve Kerr Yahoo! Sports

Shaquille O'Neal has endured his share of criticism over the years, particularly regarding his conditioning. He has battled weight issues, taken his timeworking his way into shape from one season to the next and generally disregarded much of the early parts of regular seasons. One year with the Los AngelesLakers, he opted for surgery on the eve of training camp rather than having it done earlier in the summer. His reason? Since he "got hurt on company time,he would heal on company time, too." While you may not be able to count on Shaq's conditioning in October, you can always rely on him to be ready comeplayoff time. He's proven it throughout his career with late-season surges that have helped his teams win four championships. Ultimately, when his clubneeds him the most, Shaq is there. And he's proving it again right now. With Dwyane Wade injured and not due back for at least a month - perhaps the restof the season - O'Neal has shaken off a lackluster campaign and is showing more energy than at any point in the last two years. Shaq knows that, withouthis domination of the interior, the Miami Heat can't survive the playoff chase in the East. That's why he has stepped up his activity, demanding theball and controlling the boards. ADVERTISEMENT Over the last seven games - including the loss to Houston in which Wade separated his shoulder - O'Neal hasaveraged 20.6 points and 10.3 rebounds. After the initial shock of losing Wade, the Heat lost at Dallas and then won four of their next five games. Included inthat span was a huge victory over Detroit in which Shaq went for 31 points and 15 boards. After the game, Chauncey Billups remarked that O'Neal is"still impossible to cover." With season averages of 16 points and seven rebounds, it's clear that O'Neal has flipped the switch since Wadewent down. But the effort that Shaq is displaying is about more than numbers. It's about his energy, his passion and the inspiration of his teammates. Ifyou doubt that, turn on a Miami game and watch the big fella work without the ball. He's moving his feet and working for position, turning back the clockwith performances that belie his 35 years. If O'Neal can keep that energy going into April, the Heat should be a lock to clinch a playoff spot. And if atthat point Wade does come back, Miami could be in position to make another title run. A championship is a long shot. But as usual, Shaq is turning it on whenit counts.

It's gonna be real funny when Shaq helps the Suns out and they go deep in the playoffs. I'm seriously gonna laugh at alot of people.

The Suns peaked last year with that squad. So why not take a chance? Marion was gone next year anyway. Not to mention he gets dominated in the playoffs. Yeahlet's just sit around and get eliminated in the Western semis or maybe finals for the fifth year in a row.
eyes.gif

When the suns play the Spurs what happens? All that run and gun $@*$ stops. Transition D is what's stopping the Suns from a championship. They need to bebetter in the halfcourt.

All this Shaq hate. $@*$ is funny.
laugh.gif
If Shaq is motivated things willchange.

This may or may not be a really stupid question.....but how does this trade affect Marion's Western Conference All Star status? Or does it?

Originally Posted by dland24

This may or may not be a really stupid question.....but how does this trade affect Marion's Western Conference All Star status? Or does it?
good question, esp if he starts playing for miami b4 the allstar break

i think just amare and nash made it to the ASG from the Suns

Thank you Phoenix for trading Marion for an old, fat, lazy washed up center making too much money

Marion is so quick and so good on the fast breaks, a good shooter, and good rebounder..........I'm so glad he's gone from PHoenix

This is just going to make the Feb 20th game against the lakers and the possible playoff series against them also so much better..

what a rivalry us suns fans have on our hands if this goes in the books..

shaq/nash/bell vs kobe
suns vs lakers
dantoni vs jackson

jesus

dland24:
Here's what I think would happen... but this is JUST SPECULATION, based on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING: the next highest forward that DIDN'T'make the cut' for the Western All Stars will now be on the team, and someones getting the axe on the East.

I mean, Marion has to play. He's a freaking top forward in the league.

Originally Posted by recognizAZ

This is just going to make the Feb 20th game against the lakers and the possible playoff series against them also so much better..

what a rivalry us suns fans have on our hands if this goes in the books..

shaq/nash/bell vs kobe
suns vs lakers
dantoni vs jackson

jesus

you mean shaq/nash/bell vs. Gasol/Kobe/Odom/Fisher (being that Bynum may not be back for this game)

Back
Top Bottom