SHAWTY LO HAS DIED

Subtle and Juelz Santana???

:rofl: :rofl:
Yea a few of his lyrics are blatant but stop acting like the casual hip hop fan understood all his references to being a Young Muhammad Attah and taking plane lessons when he first came out. A lot of that was obvious to me cause I know what his persona is, same with Pusha T, all his drug references make sense to me but many people may not pick it up. it's not just hip hop, I listen to alternative, metal, blues songs with blatant drug references that people who aren't familiar with the music will not pick up on.

Like I said, I assumed Shawty Lo was like Oj Da Jew man...didn't expect him to be spitting subtle semi-clever punch lines. 

You said subtle drug references and listed Juelz Santana as an example, a person far below Pusha T skill level and not much higher than "dumb southern rapper", especially in 2016. He's flabby and sick :x

Is it really worth it to debate about which rappers say the most clever lines about the drugs they don't sell.

Last edited:
Nah the rappers serve as the "plug" for the feds. They get paid to promote a risqué lifestyle to the impressionable youth with no guidance, who in turn mimic their behavior and the feds keep eating.

Nah the rappers serve as the "plug" for the feds. They get paid to promote a risqué lifestyle to the impressionable youth with no guidance, who in turn mimic their behavior and the feds keep eating.
I actually agree with this...

Still two of his most fire joints

Dey Know was the hype song before basketball games in 07 or 08. Used to play before every game and get everyone hyped. The remix where Luda murdered the track :pimp:.

RIP

Oh, yea I missed that.....I only look for subtle drug references when I listen to rappers like Pusha T and Juelz...in all fairness I just assumed he was your average dumb southern rapper.

Apologies. 

Nothing subtle about that song :lol:. Quite obvious tbh. And plenty of southern rappers are clever. I'm a huge Dipset and Pusha fan.....and nothing those dudes say regarding drugs are subtle to me.

You're just a square, and not familiar with that type of lingo. Everybody doesn't have to know everything.

That's the problem with NT. Dudes can't just say, "I didn't know what I was talking about. My bad."

Funniest memory of SL was when him and TI were going at each other. This dude walked around BankHead and was asking folks, "Aye, anybody seen TI." Folks were like, NOPE. lol

Essentially the ATL version of calling someone a Maryland dude.

Rip man

Yea that beef had the whole city divided between TIP and lo. It had always been rumblings that TI wasn't from bankhead but then you had well respected bankhead dude like LO saying it so it gave it validity. I think LO just really wanted him to pay homage when he mentioned bankhead tho

It took TI dropping what's up what happening doing the LO running man dance in Bowen homes to get him off his neck

Last edited:
Funniest memory of SL was when him and TI were going at each other. This dude walked around BankHead and was asking folks, "Aye, anybody seen TI." Folks were like, NOPE. lol

Essentially the ATL version of calling someone a Maryland dude.

Rip man

I remember him walking around asking people :lol:

Ever since TI turned informant and came with the soft music he ain't been the same. Though in recent years he's attempted to go back to back to being a rapper.

Yeah he def was sangin to get no time from the Feds after having that illustrious stockpile while being a felon. [emoji]128527[/emoji] :smh:

Dude seems like a clown fraud tbh. Calling himself a young Huey [emoji]9995[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128527[/emoji]

LO definitely "blew up" once he left D4L or they stopped makin music. Dude wasn't really lyrical but his vibe on a track couldn't be denied.

And yes, King Push did perfect that coke rap :lol:

RIP. Was a fan of his music. Played Units In The City a lot when it dropped.

Remember watching his documentary The Real Bankhead back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom